“Excellent food - subpar service”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 4,182 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Brickell and SE 8th St
McDonough, GA
“Excellent food - subpar service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Visited Truluck's while on a girls trip to Miami. We had to make some last minute reservation changes and they were more than accommodating. Once inside the ambiance was great - dimmed lights , piano playing and excellent singer. Then we sit to have dinner and the waitress act as if she's never served in this restaurant. She wasn't even familiar with what type of soda products they offered. After she finally took our order we asked for a togo order to brought out before we leave and low and behold when the other means came to table so did the to go order. The food was good ambiance excellent but wait staff left much to be desired

1 Thank ponder72

Miami, Florida
“very good food, very average service.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We came in with a group of friends. Eight of us in total.
The very snobbish waiter was trying to push some very overpriced wines, and seemed "upset" when we chose a couple of bottles of $52.00 Ponzi Tavola from Oregon.
Again, he came "pushing" (not offering) the "specials of the day" and, when some of us elected the "miami spice menu" (A seasonal promotional, affordable menu) his attitude turned downright crappy.
We did not get any more bread, even though we asked for it, and to get his attention for drinks was almost impossible. I chose not to make a fuss, as we were having a good time in general.
The lobster bisque was out of this world, so was the shrimp and scallop pad thai. But the best part of the meal, was the incredible carrot cake...
I shall return to Trulucks, but hopefully I won't have to deal with the snobbish waiter, as the other ones around seemed rather nice.

New York
“A to Z Quality”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had dinner with another couple at Trulucks. The food was impeccable. The ambiance was perfect. The service was very good. I tried to find something to suggest for improvement but honestly, I can't think of any!

1 Thank OBofNY
Nowheresville, MI
“Reset Your Expectations”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Based on the many positive reviews, I was prepared to be blown away. This is an old school steakhouse and seafood house but the rib eye was actually not all that tender or flavorful. It made me wonder what kind of beef cut I was eating. And at $45 per steak, I shouldn't have to wonder about that. I should be impressed but I wasn't. Service was a bit slower than I expected. The live music was nice touch (the piano guy was really good). This is probably worth another try but not before I get to a few other places.

Miami, Florida
“Chick atmosphere with a classic touch and sophisticated ambiance”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A group of friends and I were celebrating a birthday and the birthday girl chose Truluck’s. Incredible!!!! I have tried to look for something in this experience that could be better and I cannot find one. The service was impeccable. Live music nightly will start your visit just right. Chick atmosphere with a classic touch and sophisticated ambiance. The bread with cream cheese and guava was the way to start and a very generous wine selection. I tried the scallop pad Thai was a very adventurous choice for me and was not disappointed. Steaks grilled to perfection, garlic mashed potatoes that made my mouth water and to finish, a truly delicious carrot cake. From start to finish, service, food and quality, this is a must visit restaurant.