“Great food but service not as good as other locations”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Brickell and SE 8th St
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I dined with 3 business associates last night for dinner and upon entering the restaurant, we were immediately seated. Our server approached the table and introduced himself and proceeded to take our beverage requests. We all order iced tea and at this point his attitude changed as if we were not going to be a high enough average check for him since we did not order alcohol. I have dined over the years at Trulucks in Austin, Dallas, Houston, Naples, Boca etc and have never had a service experience like this. The food was awesome....fish cooked perfectly....and the carrot cake still amazing as ever. Unfortunatley a manager never approached our table to check in with us....I would have stated the service challenge but other than this slight issue, I would definately go back again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went to Truluck's for a business dinner on a Monday. Service was excellent. Music volume a bit loud for our discussions was immediately lowered in our area as we requested to the personnel. Took a Monday's special of crab claws. Just amazing! Red fruits dessert is a must too! Will definitely go back there!

1  Thank GourmetinLaPaz
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Trulucks is definitely one of the better restaurants in Miami. Their stone crab claws are amazing and a must have. they come in different sizes so you can have them as an appetizer. Their seafood is always fresh and delicious. I have never been disappointed and the only drawback with their otherwise delicious steaks is that they are pan seared, not grilled. The service is always outstanding, friendly and knows their food, specials and wine's. the desserts are huge and delicious. I have never been disappointed at Trulucks. It is a safe bet for a business meal or a special occasion. They have a private room and a patio, but the interior is nice, so I never had the urge to book anything special. Trulucks offers valet parking, but there is also a parking garage right next door. There is no official dress code, but it is Miami, so I rather dress up than down. I suggest to make reservations.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I ate here for the Monday night stone crab special and we enjoyed it sooooooo much we decided to go back
For our last night in Miami. Both times Trulucks provided us with a truly special dining experience!!
Everything, and I mean everything from salads to the extraordinary chocolate bag desert, was terrific!!!!!
The atmosphere, and service were also top notch.
If you want to eat at a great restaurant in Mami, go to Trulucks!!!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the best seafood restaurant my family and I have ever being so far. It was not only the excellent service and the knowledge of the plates in the menu, but also the ambiance, and food (of course!) and presentation of it, and the staff who took care of us who were admirable. I can say we spent a very pleasant night in a very special restaurant. By the way, the mizu glazed Chilean bass was fantastic!