WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Mutiny Hotel

The Mutiny Hotel
Ranked #20 of 124 Hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Very comfortable suites in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

I was quite impressed by the Mutiny - the Mutiny is almost more like a condo building with the added bonus that they tailor to an upscale crowd in Cocunt Grove. It is right by the water and a shopping mall that is really trendy and distinctively Coconut Grove. The rooms are very clean, I understand that they all have kitchens in them and some rooms have a porch as well. I wish the WiFi internet was free, but they do charge $10 daily as well the valet service is around $15 daily too I believe. If you stay here, make sure to get a room away from the rear of the building near the garage as it tends to be louder due to the movement of the cars and there is not much view from the windows. Ask for a room with a high floor and as close to the front as possible to get a bay view and you wil lbe happiest...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Gainesville, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

Hotel is in good location with close access to Coconut Grove. Had large party with multiple rooms and stayed over several days. Each party had different quality room which varied from excellent (marble floors and fancy bath and kitchen) to beat up minimally furnished rooms. Desk service, restaurant and pool were all great. I had large problem with housekeepers who left any stray clothing inside bidet! Also happened to leave 4 articles of clothing in room when checked out which had 'disappeared' by the time I called (my bad but....).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank gat0rm0m
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I booked a block of rooms at The Mutiny in November 2010 for my crew of 15 people who were in Miami for a week doing a catalog photo shoot in the area. Sylvia Quinn, the Sales Manager, was extremely helpful in putting together a proposal that met our budget and enabled all my crew to have their own individual rooms. Prior to our arrival, Sylvia arranged a conference call between myself and all of the department heads of the hotel to be sure that they were ready to accomodate all of our group's needs.
I have booked similar blocks of rooms at other hotels many times in the past and this is the first time anyone has offered to do this, so I was quite impressed.

Once we arrived, we were all thrilled at the size and condition of our rooms. Our shoot days were long so it was wonderful for everyone to be able to come back and relax in a a large, comfortable suite, basically an apartment with fully equipped kitchen. The staff from front desk, to security, to housekeeping to valet were all prepared for our stay and ready to assist in any way they could.

When my crew is happy and comfortable, it makes for a much better shoot and I thank Sylvia and the staff of The Mutiny Hotel for playing a big part in the success of our trip to Miami. I would definitely recommend this hotel to colleagues of mine looking for long- or short-term group lodging in the Coocnut Grove area of Miami.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JT511
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband & I traveled with our 17 year old son to Miami for UM's Homecoming weekend (11/5-11/8/10). We stayed at the Mutiny because it was located in Coconut Grove and the rooms were listed as suites. The one bedroom 'suite' we got was smaller than some hotel rooms. We had a full-size bed in a room with only a nightstand - no room for a dresser or chair or anywhere (but the closet) to put our stuff. The living area had a huge kitchen table and a sleep sofa. But had a big square entertainment table in the middle to put the little flat screen t.v. on. Better use of space would have been to put the t.v. on the wall. Sleep sofa had old sheets on it - nasty. No chairs to sit on except for 3 kitchen chairs that only could fit at the table. The chairs were metal scraping on the tile floor. Kitchen was ok - no dish soap to clean dishes. The cold water handles to the faucets in the bathroom were not attached to the sink or bath tub. There was not a fan in bathroom either. In the bedroom there was not a vent for ac - so we had to prop open the door to get air which defeated the reason for booking a suite, so that my son could stay up and watch t.v. The hotel was full so we could not move. Valet parking was $21.00 per day. Charged for internet. Didn't have bill ready on check-out even though I spoke with front desk the night before. Wedding there on Saturday - took up pool area and lobby.
The hotel has apartments - lots of people with dogs - one even humped my leg.
The hotel could be okay if before you accepted a room - to go look at it before. Typically I do not put up with problems, but my son had a meeting at UM and we were in a rush to shower and get to the school. The 'business center' computer was slow and the printer did not work - free to print boarding passes, but costs if you need to do anything else.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank canespe
Hemel Hempstead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

Stayed here for 3 days with my family. Fantastic location, very good service and the food was excellent.

Few things to note. The rooms are not as shown online. The rooms are being upgraded and only a few have been done. The room we stayed in was ok but tired and the AC was very noisy. Finally the sofabed was uncomfortable.

Having said that the rooms are large and spacious, clean and the staff are excellent. For Miami it is reasonable value. Once the rooms have been refurbished it will be an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010
Kendal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

The quiet comfortable surroundings of this elegant hotel had all the amenities I desired and more. From the moment I drove to the front of the hotel through my entire stay all the service personel were attentive, warm and inviting. The front desk staff were concerned that all my needs would be met and anything they could do to insure my stay was memorable one would be insured. Once I was inside my room I was pleasantly surprised with its elegant decor and the bucolic view of the boats on the water and lush green plantings around the property. The luxurious bedding and the superior quality of the towels were appreciated and kitchen area was supplied with all one could possibily want. The hotel was in a perfect location with restaurants and shopping in close proximity. The most outstanding memory was the clean, comfortable room followed closely by the staff, especially the general manager. This hotel is definitely a hidden jewel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank caroleKendal
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

This boutique hotel was just what I needed to provide my client with a relaxing yet top-notch stay in Miami. It's in the heart of Coconut Grove and within many interesting locales, so my client had a wonderful time in Miami. The room I was in was a suite with a full kitchen. Everything is updated with a modern edge, which I like. The staff was professional, and saw to it that my client received excellent treatment throughout her stay. I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business