New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at the mutiny for a work trip and it was great . Rooms were spacious and very clean. Location is very convenient to shops and restutaunts. Pool area and restutaunt was nice too . Overall if I needed to be in the grove area did stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Mnstats,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience.

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel location and amenities. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance and I look forward to your return to the Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

Greg A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I chose The Mutiny for a 2 night stay in Miami before leaving on a cruise. Booking two months in advance & requesting a 2 room suite to accommodate my wife along with my step son & daughter, I also asked for a room on higher floor with a view of the water/harbour. When we arrived, we got the 2 room suite but was on second floor and it overlooked the alley. When I inquired into my request for the higher floor with a view, I was told all of those rooms were already given to other guests. So much for requesting a particular room and paying for one night in advance!!! I can say the room was clean enough. But the holes in the wall of the master bedroom where it looked like there may have once been a headboard, the missing smoke detector in the 2nd bedroom, missing light in the main bathroom & the one light that did work, blinked on & off were all issues that led to my dissatisfaction. The front desk staff, who were always very friendly, thanked me for bringing it to their attention but they didn't do anything about it while we were there. The exterior of the hotel made the place look very attractive as did the lobby. But the room certainly wasn't as well maintained. Hopefully, after we checked out, they took steps to fix these issues in the room. We did have a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant where the portions were plentiful & the service was very good. Coconut Grove is a really nice area but there were other hotels we walked by in the area that we would likely stay at next time we're in the area. This place "was" at one time in the past (maybe the 70's), THE place to go. But it no longer would be my 1st, 2nd or ever 3rd choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear GeoffM,

I am saddened to hear of the uncommon number of shortcomings that you experienced during your stay. I have personally addressed each one of the issues listed in your review above with the applicable manager so that during your next stay you will not have the same experience.

England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Firstly the positives - good location from which to get on all main routes around Miami. Starbucks with free wifi within 5 min walk. Lovely marina just across the road. Friendly staff, efficient valet service.
Now for the not so great - the air con in our room was super noisy. It was like having a motorbike revving throughout the night. We called maintenance and he said it was normal and all the rooms were the same. We were only there for 3 nights (otherwise we would have checked out) so decided to put up with it along with some ear plugs! I note that other reviewers found their apartment impeccably clean. I would not describe ours as such. I would say it was adequately clean, though the coffee table in the lounge was dusty and the bathroom floor had thick black hairs in the corners. They definitely did not belong to us. The fridge also could have benefited from a good clean. Wifi in rooms was $10 a day but free in reception - who wants to sit in reception in their device? Pool area was ok, spa tub closed for reason unknown. All in all I was disappointed with our stay, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for and at less than $250 per night in Miami it would appear you get this.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear superwrong,

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked this hotel through the internet on 21 April. The period of our stay ( I would go with the family ) would be April 28 to May 2 . As I was going from Brazil and the arrival time is very early ( 4:10 on 29 / 04 ) , I booked a day before so I had no problem entering the room , as we all know, that always happens entry after 15:00 . Upon arriving at the site , I've been " reprimanded " by the attendant had not appeared since the previous day . He told me he would charge me this day .. In no time , I questioned it . ALWAYS do well in my travels .. After that came the biggest surprise ; had no room available so far ... I can not believe it . I make the reservation , pay for this " night " that just showed up at 06:00 and I can not use it . So why should I pay for it ? If the input is 15 and the output is 12.00 the next day , why was " questioned " about it ? Unfortunate that attitude . I have stayed in many hotels in Miami , and the world, and this is the FIRST time this happens . A total lack of ation of the attendant day ( today , April 28th , 06:30 ) . Be careful when booking this hotel! !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear prsj2013,

I am saddened to hear of the uncommon check-in that you experienced during your stay. I have personally addressed this issue with our Front Office Manager so that during your next stay you will not have the same experience.

Wantage, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Generally speaking I'm a firm believer in both buyer beware, and you get what you pay for. That being said the rooms are spacious impeccably clean and well appointed. Valet is attentive and responsive. However on day one (of 5) I complained about the temp of the "heated pool" 70 degrees in the water. They sent a security guard to check it who told me the pool heater was rebooted, and it would be rectified. I took the liberty of the next two days to rent pool side cabanas at a beach resort as to give it time for the pool of 30,000 gallons or so to cycle and warm. (I know these things are not instantaneous) however on day 4 the pool was just as cold. The same individual was sent to "fix" the pool heater and advised me the pool heater has been broken for over a week and they are waiting for a contractor to come repair it. Now I didn't fall off the turn up truck yesterday, so he was either lying on day one, or day four or both.
When, I asked the front desk for a manager I was denied a manager and told she would take care of it.
Well, it's still bone chilling. Hardly what one would expect for $318 per night including tax.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Ed07093,

I am saddened to hear of the uncommon communication shortcommings that you experienced during your stay. I have personally addressed this issuewith our entire staff so that during your next stay you will not have the same experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here on the last leg of our Florida road trip. And couldn't have chosen a better last stay. This wasn't a hotel room but a very smart one bedroom apartment which was spacious and very comfortable.
It is situated in the very smart district of coconut grove (madona has a house here). There are very chilled restaurants and bars in the immediate vicinity, and lots of shops and a cinema where you order a meal and then eat it at the table near your plush seat whilst watching the movie.. Very novel!!
The hotel also has a nice little restaurant and a great pool area, highly recommended

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Bob B,

I appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that local Coconut Grove area exceeded your night life and entertainment expectations.

Cliff B
Front Office Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

It had been quite a while since my last visit and it was great to be back!! Although it was a short stay, my friends and I had an amazing. It really is so nice being able to go out for a drink or dinner and not having to drive. Raul was wonderful as always!! I can't wait for my next visit to Miami to stay at the Mutiny. :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Melodymc,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that Raul exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

Cliff Baldwin