“Best American Hotel Experience Ever!”
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

The Mutiny Hotel
Ranked #12 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Panama City, Florida
“Best American Hotel Experience Ever!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Mutiny Hotel is in the Coconut Grove section of Miami with a view of the yacht basin just across the street. Access to it is very easy from Interstate 95. Key Biscayne is only 15 minutes away across the toll bridges.

The hotel itself is very well appointed and clean. Rooms are really nice...ours had a beautiful bedroom with king size bed, a nice full bath with bidet, a spacious living room/dining room combination, and a full kitchen stocked with dishes and cookware. It also had a double balcony that overlooked the yacht basin.

What really sets this hotel apart from others is the outstanding, very friendly, staff, all without exception having a can-do attitude. The valet parking attendant, the front desk attendants, security, housekeeping, bellmen, the managerial staff, and the restaurant staff all were superb. Because of circumstances, we had a number of special requests that had to be fulfilled. Everyone was so cooperative that it all went more smoothly than we could have ever imagined. We are very grateful for their kind assistance and sense of urgency when we needed something.

If you are visiting in this area I urge you to take advantage of this wonderful hotel and it's exceptional staff.

Room Tip: I'm pretty tall so we requested a room with a king size bed. It was no problem. Ask for a room w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 673Grizzlybear
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
673Grizzlybear - Thank you so much for choosing The Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove and for sharing such a detailed review with the Trip Advisor community.

We appreciate your kind words and recommendation, and above all we are thrilled that you enjoyed your suite (and the Bay View), the hotel amenities, and the proximity to many restaurants and shops.

We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay in hour hotel and that you found our staff to be very friendly and attentive - it is an absolute honor to hear that we were able to meet all of our requests in a timely manner. We are dedicated to making each one of our guest’s stays enjoyable and we will be sure to share your thoughts with our team.

We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Warm wishes,

Greg A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had an excellent experience at the Mutiny. We stayed here between a move (my husband stayed for over 2 weeks). We initially used a Groupon for a "superior" room. These rooms have not been updated and you can tell. However, we upgraded (for a small amount more) to the "deluxe" room and were very happy. The rooms are beautifully appointed and we had a large balcony. We also stayed for a few days in a 2 bedroom suite which was gorgeous.
The staff at the Mutiny were exceptional. They truly put our needs and concerns first and were extremly accommodating. My only negative would be that it seemed that housekeeping was not as thorough during my husbands longer stay. The room was straightened up and towels replaced but I'm not sure how much "cleaning" was done.
However, this would definitely not deter us from staying here again.
We had a beautiful experience and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed August 2013
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Pucci1,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at The Mutiny Hotel during your move. Many of our suites come with fully equipped kitchens, separate living room areas as well as spacious balconies, making it easy to turn your suite into a home away from home. Some of our rooms are going into renovation as we speak and they will not be rented out until they meet our high standards. Our deluxe suits are located on the higher floors and offer beautiful views of the bay or the pool.

Our staff will be delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us. Each member of our team thrives to make each guest' experience a memorable one.

Thank you again for choosing The Mutiny Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel lobby staff is wonderful, we had a 2 bedroom suite, and even used the sofa bed on the living room. We were only four people, but my 2 teenage daughters wanted their own bed, so they had the queen bed in the guest room and the queen sofa bed in the living room.
The bathrooms have great space and granite counters.
The location is very very good, just two blocks from Coco Walk and all the restaurants in Coconut Grove. I would go back to the Mutiny next time I'm in Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BEUGGIE
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We are delighted to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful stay at The Mutiny Hotel. Hour suites are indeed very spacious, making our hotel the ideal choice when traveling with family. The location in Coconut Grove, as described, is very convenient. The Mutiny Hotel is located within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants and only minutes away from downtown Miami.

We will pass on the wonderful comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels bring you back to Coconut Grove.

Warm Regards,

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Decided to book this hotel for our family one week vacation in Miami in May. We booked deluxe 2 bedroom suite, a bit expensive, but worth the money. Few days before arrival I was able to arrange with the reception to put us in apartment with nice view, which they did and the sea side view is really spectacular. Hotel is very private and quiet. Location is perfect, really short drive to airport, Key Biscane, shopping etc. It was our first trip to Miami, so after driving around Miami, we realized that we were quite lucky with our hotel selection. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Andrej,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the Mutiny Hotel experience during your vacation in Miami! We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that we are the hotel of your choice when returning to Miami. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

The location, is as described, very convenient and The Mutiny Hotel is in close proximity to many restaurants, shops, parks. Our suites are very large and comfortable, and they all come with a fully equipped kitchen and separate living room. Many of our suite, as described, have breath-taking Bay views, which can be enjoyed from our over-sized balconies.

Thank you, again, for choosing The Mutiny Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Wishes,

Sarasota
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay in the Gables when I travel to Miami, but with on my last spur of the moment trip, my usual spot was full. After reviewing on Trip Advisor I stumbled across the Mutiny and gave them a call.

Michelle assisted me with a last minute reservation and got me great deal for a room on a high floor with a beautiful sun setting bay view! (704)

The room was spacious with marble floors and modern decor. The full size kitchen was an added bonus as I usually am just staying in a standard hotel room.

Check out was a easy and I made my next reservation on the spot to come back and visit in November!

Valet was prompt and courteous.

My new go-to place in Miami.

• Stayed August 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove. Our hotel is, as you mentioned, very well kept and luxurious and many of our spacious suites have views of the Bay. The fully equipped kitchens and separated living rooms spaces are definitely a bonus, especially when traveling with friends or family.

Our team takes pride in creating a highly engaged environment. We truly centered our attention around the guest experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your suite, our hotel amenities and had a great experience with our team members. We will be sure to share your feedback with all of our departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Warmest Wishes,

in England
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked a 4 night stay here to break up a 3 week vacation in Orlando. During the stay we actually moved 3 times! First night- room 512. My son spent a night on a very uncomfortable sofa bed. You can feel every spring coil through the mattress! My husband and I couldn't sleep because of the noise from outside our window. Second night - room 316. We got a better sofa bed but the suite was rather dark and smaller than our previous one. The carpet was old, dirty stains were everywhere. There were no curtains or pictures to make the place look welcoming. There was no mirror in the bedroom, just one in the bathroom, we got a standard double bed, not a queen size as stated on their website. This room backed onto the hotel's carpark so again noise was a problem. Endured 2 nights here as we didn't want to complain again. The next morning we enquired about check out times at front desk. The manager overheard our experience and offered us another room on the 11th floor. This room was what I had expected in the first place. Clean, comfortable and we actually got some sleep. That night the hotel left us a bottle of wine in our suite which was a lovely gesture. (We were celebrating our Siver Wedding Anniversary!) One good night out of four is better than none! The staff were very friendly, pity the accommodation did not live up to its reputation.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms towards the back and at the ends of the long corridors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your experience with us during your recent stay at The Mutiny Hotel.

While we are happy to hear that you had a great experience with our team members, I would like to personally apologize that we did not meet all of your expectation during your stay with us. All constructive reviews are highly scrutinized by our management team and staff in an attempt to evolve our service in a positive way. I am deeply sorry that your son was uncomfortable on the sleeper sofa bed, and I would like to assure you that it has recently been replaced. This is unacceptable and certainly not how we earned our reputation for consistently delivering outstanding service and accommodations. I have personally addressed these issues with the appropriate staff to avoid re-occurrence of this nature.

We are happy to hear that the last night of your trip with us was comfortable and that you enjoyed the complimentary bottle of wine.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize again and in an effort to regain your trust in The Mutiny Hotel I would welcome the opportunity to personally handle your reservations if you plan to return to Coconut Grove in the future.

Warmest Wishes,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I checked in to this Hotel and had booked a two bed suite. Room 214, it is a dump, ripped carpets, chipped furniture, dirty sofa, windows, bathroom was disgusting. I had just driven from The Reunio Resort in Orlando, a 5 star Resort, to being given a dive to spend 5 days in! I went to reception, got offered two 1 bedroom rooms "that had been remodelled" My Daughter is only 12 and they thought it would be fine for us to have two rooms separated by two other rooms! My wife and I checked out the rooms, one of which hadn't been cleaned either and as it was getting late in the day decided to keep one of them with my Daughter using the fold out bed in the lounge area. The next day I managed to get a deal at the Biltmore, not much more money and what a difference!! Another example was I asked the front desk for three bottles of water, I had to call down an hour later to remind them it still hadn't arrived to be greeted on the phone with "Oh you are joking, it still didn't get there" This Hotel seems to have a number of rooms rented out to people who spend weeks or months here but It isn't somewhere I will ever go near again. Be warned.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else, don't believe their website, its misleading.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve S
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance our guest experience in the future. We will make sure to share your thoughts with the appropriate departments, and truly apologize that your experience with us did not meet all of our expectations.

We would like to share with you that Room 214 had been taken out of service and it will be renovated immediately. The suite will hot be rented until it meets the standards of all of the other rooms.

Should your travels bring you back to the Coconut Grove area, I will be happy to personally handle your reservation at The Mutiny Hotel.

Warmest Regards,