“Home from home”
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

The Mutiny Hotel
Ranked #17 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Visiting on business in March, after a long 6 week trip, it seemed like I had checked in at home when I arrived at the Mutiny. Friendly staff and great suites with everything you could possibly need including lots of space. I was sharing a two bedroom suite with a colleague, which I was apprehensive about until I walked into the room. The layout enabled you to have the necessary privacy as well as room to move. I am hopefully going to stay there for longer next year, I can't wait!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Guy T
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guy T,
Thank you for your kind words! Our staff strives to make each guest’s stay a memorable occasion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and that you and your colleague were comfortable in the 2 bedroom suite. Our spacious and fully equipped suites do feel like a home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the mutiny hotel a little over a year ago for a couple days before a Cruise.
The rooms were very nice and well maintained. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area was excellent. There is so much to do Within walking distance from the hotel. There are Parks, jogging tracks, outdoor gyms, and many restaurants, boutiques and even an outdoor shopping mall area. Definitely some fantastic nightlife and late-night food options in the area as well. I was having such a wonderful time here, that I skipped my group's trip to South Beach to go On a run to Key Biscayne and afterwards hang out by the lovely pool area here. The gym is small but nice.
I would definitely stay here again. As a matter of fact , I'm coming to Miami on Friday and was checking for availability so I Could stay here again, And I am sad that they are booked but decided to finally write my review. :)
Thank you very much mutiny for a great stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristy978
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Kristy,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your Mutiny Hotel experience. It is an absolute pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay here with us ,particularly our luxurious, well-appointed suites, favorable location, your excellent experience in our backyard and our amazing team. We are, however, sad to hear that we couldn't accommodate you this Friday. We sure hope to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The room met expectations, the service was outstanding. Very nice pool area and restaurant and the location was perfect. All requests were addressed very promptly. The entire property was spotless. Great view from the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing The Mutiny Hotel for your most recent trip to the Coconut Grove area. We are glad that you enjoyed the pool, restaurant and your suite. We will be sure to share your nice words with the team. Our staff strives to provide guests with a superior level of service and they will be happy to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you back very soon and of course, should you need anything in the meantime please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Its very close to everything and thats a very big positive. On the downside while I was there yesterday i spent time down at the pool. First problem was that the hotel draws the kind of crowd that throws towels on every available lounger at dawn and claims all are saved. Management would do well to police this 5th grade behavior. Second strike was that before long we had people bringing there own vodka laced drinks and cans of beer poolside. Then they were drinking glass bottled beer in the pool. Smoking is apparently prohibited but ok if you do it quickly. Finally I was treated to an afternoon boombox version of the booty dance followed by "T&*ties and beer" at full volume; charming.. Again management nowhere in sight so it was what it was. The bartender makes great drinks and the food was good but if you let the place take on the appearance of a nascar infield this place wont last.

Room was ok at best. Shower was weak ..pet peeve. Only a couch to sit on and it was way past its prime.

Room Tip: Must be on higher floors and get rooms near the front of the building as the back is a parking lot v...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VacaAddict
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance our guest experience in the future. Your comments will be passed along to each department involved, and I will relay your thoughts about the behavior at the pool and your room to every department involved.

We hope that next time you visit Coconut Grove, you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation and make your stay flawless.

With regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I was planning our vacation in Florida with our 9-year old daughter, I first wanted to stay at the Miami beaches for 3 days, but the pricing was way out of wxhat I had in mind, but admit want to stay in min **** hotels. Quality is a must. So I found the Mutiny Hotel, and I liked it. There was a promotion for a room with balcony and so I booked this one. Upon our arrival, we were friendly greeted, but when we got into our room, it was not the one I had choosen from the promotion. So I went straight back to the receptiojn and after some (kind) discussion - we were given another room, and oh boy what a difference! The room was with balcony! A spacious living room; seperate bedroom - and although we requested a seperate bed for our daughter, the king size bed was big enough for the 3 of us. Then a full kitchen, whith even a washing and drying machine! The location was perfect as it is in walking distance to Coconut Grove, which my wife loved very much, and so was I, because there was a live rock band playing, which I appreciate a lot as here in Belgium you will not find easy a live rock band playing when you go out for dinner. The breakfast was a surprise as it was no buffet?? But in fact there is plenty choice and the pricing is really not too much. If I am right the continental breakfast is about $ 10/person. The pool area looks cosy, but it should need more attention. I found a nice sitting corner with inviting garden furniture, but it was not really clean. Really pitty as it is a corner to have a drink with friends. The restaurant was Asian, and but we did not eat there as we were out every day. I noticed they had my favourite red wine, and again the pricing is very honest.for this high quality wine;.A nice walking is to the yacht harbour. Overall I recommend this hotel very much for the location and the relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: You need to ask for a room with a balcony as in our case was the best option.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Willy V

Dear Willy,

We are elated to hear that after researching places to stay during your vacation in Florida you gave us an opportunity to welcome you. We are trilled that you joined the Mutiny family and glad to hear that you felt welcome and enjoyed our hotel. Thank you so much for the kind comments concerning our service and guest rooms. Your feedback about the pool area will be passed along to the departments involved.

We hope to welcome you and your family again soon!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just finished a two day meeting at the Mutiny Hotel. The staff were attentive and ensured we had a comfortable environment. Very good value for money. Would recommend to others and will use again if meeting in the Miami area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for choosing the The Mutiny Hotel for your most recent trip to the Coconut Grove area. We are happy to hear that you found our hotel staff to be nice – they strive to make every guest’s stay and event memorable.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and we will share this with the appropriate departments. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future for either business or pleasure.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The setting for this hotel is so relaxing. The pool beautifully manicured, lush vegetation and excelent breakfast, lunch or dinner poolside setting. Love, love, love the location. Room was well equipped with kitchen all utensils and appliances, plates, wine glasses etc. Our room even had a balconly to sit and overlook the pool and sauna. Such a fantastic crew too! Very accomodating to our needs. Concierge was fantastic getting us to places and even giving us an umbrella when it rained! Even the GM was very pleasant and professional. I would reccomend this hotel to all of my friends and family. Already have!!

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the pool, you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cherimandel
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. Thank you for your kind words! We will be sure to share them with the team. The Mutiny Hotel team strives for excellence and we are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you back here soon and of course, should you need anything in the meantime please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Warmest Regards,