New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Mutiny Hotel

The Mutiny Hotel
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“GREAT SERVICE BEAUTIFUL LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed for a weekend g. The location is beautiful service was excellent. The staff is so nice. Best part of the room is it is an actaul apartment with full kitchensmy room was nice and clean. The restaraunt has great food i must say the breakfast was awesome. A must stay for all. it is located right nex to Cocowalk shopping complex.

Room Tip: The room i had was on the pool side very nice view and it was clean both tv were new flat screens. r...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

From when we first arrived to the day we left, everything was just wonderful. The staff, breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, location, room, I could go on and on...! The Mutiny Hotel is a beautiful hotel with luxurious rooms which include a kitchen with fridge and stove, living room, 2 tv's, walk in closet, bathroom and bedroom. The ambiance of the hotel is quite lovely and was perfect for my surprise getaway with my boyfriend! One thing I would say is that the bathroom didn't look like it had been swept very well, but other than that one tiny thing, everything was very clean and well managed. The location is also in close proximity (walking distance) to an outdoor mall with a couple stores, movie theater, cheesecake factory, chile's, bars and additional roads with stores all along the way. I had the best weekend there and hope to visit again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aeharrison
Palos Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I just spent a most wonderful week at The Mutiny. As a native Miamian coming back to town on business, it was a place I was familiar with from it's beginning.

The hotel has been beautifully updated and the one bedroom suite I occupied had ample space and was clean, comfortable, and homey. I was easily able to access the internet both in my room and poolside. Nothing like working by their pool in it's lush tropical setting. The feel is so intimate it seems like you are in the backyard you would like to have!

But best of all, and most important of all was the staff. WOW! Kind, courteous, friendly and willing to do what they can to accommodate your needs. Oh, and I left out the most important quality of all...........HONEST! Upon returning to the hotel one evening, I inadvertently left my wallet in my car when I left it with their valet parkers. I didn't realize this till then next morning. Needless to say I was panic stricken. I called to the front desk and they had the car pulled up for me. I looked for it on the seats, under the seats, in the glove box... I found nothing. I returned to my room a bit depressed over my stupidity. Moments later, the phone rang to inform me that the valet manager had found the wallet between the door I hadn't opened and the seat. They brought it up to the room, not only was everything in the wallet, it hadn't even been opened. I can't tell you how relieved I was and how impressed by their care and concern.

I am returning again in October with a group that is holding a huge fundraiser for Alzheimer's Disease. The Mutiny is our official hotel and one of the sponsors for our event. www.birdstock.info

They deserve and have earned your business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

After readying all the reviews we were very nervous about coming here. I will give you the good first. We ended up need a suite a day early and wow! they not only gave us a suite ...they gave us a discount. The first room over looked the dumpster...beautiful suite...but no thank you. We called down and the exceptional desk lad gave us our choice of three others. We took a suite that over looked the pool...not AS nice as the others..but very nice and clean and even the pull out was sleepable.
The fabulous young man at the front dest was amazing. The resuturante food is fabulous. and it is soooooo easy to get in and out of the hotel to either walk up the block to all the resultants and shopping or to hit the highway and go to the jungle island or childrens museum or miami beach.

Negative...it is a bit dated and the hallways smell like the sea...but we are literally right on the ocean.
The gym in still underconstruction so you have to the hotel around the corner for the gym.

we have been here for two nights and I have surgery here...I am very happy we choose this hotel.

to get a full suite like this at any other hotel the prices were more than triple what they gave us here.

I would come back....and Im a tough cookie to please! lol

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Mutiny has a great location and charming decor. It's a condo- hotel so there are few amenities available. We unfortunately had a terrible view of the a/c unit & adjacent parking garage. Having an efficiency kitchen in the room & quiet pool makes it an ideal place for families with children. If you like 24 hr room service & a pool bar keep looking. Order breakfast early as room service is slow & the food average. The staff were nice & the valet were great. The rooms are spacious but the bathroom wasn't cleaned very well. If we had a better view & brought our kids I wouldn't mind staying here again. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for those who want one stop shopping or night life.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Las vegas NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Booked a room for one night and spent the night . When I got my Visa bill found out they billed me 3 days later for 162.00 for a nother night and I was 200 miles away When I called them they had no reason for the billing and said they will take the charge off so after i checked out 3 days later they pulled up my Visa number and hit it really????? whats up with this picture? My credit card co. called it Fraud! This use to be a nice hotel and I have spent a lot of time hear in the past 10 years. No more!!! The first room they put us in smelled like a big fat cigar and moved us to a room next door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank poopstainlane
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

You can't beat the location for walking access to Coconut Grove boutiques, restaurants, movies and even the Post Office. Our room was clean and ready for us upon check in. Since this is a condo hotel, our room had some issues. Maintenance did get our TV working, but lights, microwave etc. had to wait for another day to be fixed after our check out. The service in their small restaurant/bar is slow, but in spite of the limited menu, quite good. The staff was pleasant and the bellman/valet very efficient.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple