“Amazing Service, Great FREE Breakfast and People that greet you twice!”

TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
Ranked #80 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Amazing Service, Great FREE Breakfast and People that greet you twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

While staying here with my father over the last two weeks, I started to feel like family in the location. Free wifi, gym and a breakfast that would cost you 10 dollars a person anywhere else. This is a very clean establishment with a small pool but we got over that real quick as soon as we saw the amazing service. If your going to stay in Miami Lakes or in Miami and want to feel safe, comfortable and want to be in a town where everything is walking distance. This is your spot. It's not south beach. It's the smallest town in Miami. Too bad Main Street isn't close enough and Bob Graham is a b.

Green Features: friendly. Non smoking environment even though they let me get away with it. Nice families just looking to visit for the summer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank King882014
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel and will be sharing your comments with our team. Our hotel associates take pride in taking care of our guests. We look forward to your return. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked a 3 night, 4 day stay here. From the websites description it seemed like an awesome place to stay, it was difficult to find a 2 bedroom suite, but they had it and for a good rate. Upon our arrival, we walked in the room and saw a wet paper towel on one of the beds, I didn't make a big about it just threw it away, but then I noticed the shower rod was messed up meaning screws loose, also our toilet constantly ran and leaked into the floor, I called downstairs and spoke with Faith, faith was VERY SWEET AND HELPFUL AND MADE SURE SHE NOTATED THAT WE HAD THIS ISSUE, due to the fact that there were no maintenance workers on site. She did her best to accommodate us she was trying to see if she could switch our suites I mean she went above and beyond! The next day I called to see if maintenance was coming, Isa the daytime clerk said you needed a rollaway bed right? I said no our toilet is still leaking someone needs to get up and fix it. I called cooperate since there was no manager on the property which was odd explained to them that I understand people come out of town and have no regard for hotel properties but it is the hotels responsibility to make sure the rooms are pretty much perfect before they allow a guest to check in. With all that they did end up giving us 10,000 marriott points for all the issues. However I feel we should have gotten 30,000 :) stay there at your own risk. I won't be staying there again that for sure. Oh yeah but that chick FAITH please give her a raise because she is AWESOME!!!!! the other employees need to take notes from her!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our location. I will be sharing your comments with our team as we continuously strive to improve our hotel. I am very sorry you were not happy with your accommodations at our location.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews I was dreading staying here but I was pleasantly surprised. My suite was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The kitchenette had plenty of cooking utensils. The grab and go breakfast had plenty of choice and the nearby bars and restaurants were lovely particularly The outback and The Cancun Grill. All and all I really enjoyed my 10 night stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for being our guest for 10 days. I was delighted to read your review and glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing your comments with our team and look forward to your next visit.

Mexico, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I would have normally checked the reviews a hotel but because this property carried a "Marriott name" I didn't. That won't happen again. The front desk staff was very accommodating as I did have to modify my reservation. They did also recognize me as a Elite Marriott member and thanked me for my patronage.

However, once I got off the elevator at the 2nd floor I was overwhelmed with a musty/mildew odor that smelled like they had attempted to shampoo a soaked carpet and weren't to successful. I proceeded to my room only to have a very similar smell in it as well. I was running late for an appointment, cranked up the air conditioner with hopes it would clear out the smell before I returned. I arrived several hours later to having it helped slightly, too tired to research any hotels at midnight I went to sleep. Upon awaking in the morning, I promptly reserved a room across town at a Courtyard Suites (which was 150% better).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hainsc2014
I am very sorry you were disappointed in your stay and I have shared your comments with my team. We have several capital projects underway this year to improve our hotel. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this trip. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am travelling with my family plus one dog. Really enjoyed my stay. What I really liked: friendly staff, clean room, kitchenette very comfortable (oven plus stovetop worked really well), fresh coffee all day, clean pool, accomodation for my dog, location was great!!!
I stayed one week. My husband worked remotely and his work space in the room was fabulous! We stayed on the second floor in a single double bed plus sofa bed.

Location isn't great if you commuting regularly to Miami due to traffic but traffic is everywhere in Miami at rush hours! Close to highways so not hard to get to downtown.

Only thing I would improve: hot foods for breakfast.

There is a pet fee but I think it's worth paying in this hotel.

Would book again and would stay longer!

Room Tip: There are two buildings...esp with pets and kids stay in the main building...best access to breakfas...
Green Features: I would like to see access to recyclying bins on each floor or a bin in each room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MIATS8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with my team. I also appreciate your suggestions on recycling. We look forward to your next visit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Let me tell you something, When we parked it was packed not sure what was going on. I went inside and saw a woman she was helping someone else that was very rude and yelling at her about a bug she found in her sheets. I watched and saw how this front desk associate calmed her down. Most places people in hotels would yell at them back. I then knew this was an ok hotel. I then watched her change her room and watched how calmly she resolved this issue and at the end the guest apologized for yelling at her it was amazing to see the woman at the front desk not get upset at the guest. She also advised the guest that they take priority and have standards against pest control and are very serious when it comes to their guests. She also advised the guest we would have someone come right out and check the room. Guest felt more comfortable. I was then amazed when I was checking in, how I read her name tag and it said Faith I asked for her last name she told me Davis, I then told faith she has alot of faith and she was great and we both laughed and when I went to my room it was fablous.great job faith davis

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MIATS8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel and for recognizing Faith. I am glad she was able to provide you with exceptional service. Pest control is something we take very seriosuly at the hotel and as Faith stated, we partner with our pest control company to insure a clean comfortable hotel for our guests. I am very glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here.
Green Features: A terrific Place for the dollar. I was highly impress with the room, and the service which put me in the mind of a timeshare. Ms. Ivy Santiago is the right person for the job. Marriott has a Gem by the name of Ivy Santiago, in their possession. Thank you for your service towards me and my family.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MIATS8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Lakes. I was delighted to read your comments you shared on Trip Advisor and will be sharing them with Ivy and the rest of my team. Ivy is one of our long-term associates and I am very pleased she was able to make your stay great. Thank you again. I look forward to your return.

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami West/FL Turnpike
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!