“A pleasurable stay.”

Ranked #81 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Cork, Ireland
“A pleasurable stay.”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews I was dreading staying here but I was pleasantly surprised. My suite was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The kitchenette had plenty of cooking utensils. The grab and go breakfast had plenty of choice and the nearby bars and restaurants were lovely particularly The outback and The Cancun Grill. All and all I really enjoyed my 10 night stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for being our guest for 10 days. I was delighted to read your review and glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing your comments with our team and look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mexico, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I would have normally checked the reviews a hotel but because this property carried a "Marriott name" I didn't. That won't happen again. The front desk staff was very accommodating as I did have to modify my reservation. They did also recognize me as a Elite Marriott member and thanked me for my patronage.

However, once I got off the elevator at the 2nd floor I was overwhelmed with a musty/mildew odor that smelled like they had attempted to shampoo a soaked carpet and weren't to successful. I proceeded to my room only to have a very similar smell in it as well. I was running late for an appointment, cranked up the air conditioner with hopes it would clear out the smell before I returned. I arrived several hours later to having it helped slightly, too tired to research any hotels at midnight I went to sleep. Upon awaking in the morning, I promptly reserved a room across town at a Courtyard Suites (which was 150% better).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hainsc2014
I am very sorry you were disappointed in your stay and I have shared your comments with my team. We have several capital projects underway this year to improve our hotel. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this trip. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am travelling with my family plus one dog. Really enjoyed my stay. What I really liked: friendly staff, clean room, kitchenette very comfortable (oven plus stovetop worked really well), fresh coffee all day, clean pool, accomodation for my dog, location was great!!!
I stayed one week. My husband worked remotely and his work space in the room was fabulous! We stayed on the second floor in a single double bed plus sofa bed.

Location isn't great if you commuting regularly to Miami due to traffic but traffic is everywhere in Miami at rush hours! Close to highways so not hard to get to downtown.

Only thing I would improve: hot foods for breakfast.

There is a pet fee but I think it's worth paying in this hotel.

Would book again and would stay longer!

Room Tip: There are two buildings...esp with pets and kids stay in the main building...best access to breakfas...
Green Features: I would like to see access to recyclying bins on each floor or a bin in each room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MIATS8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with my team. I also appreciate your suggestions on recycling. We look forward to your next visit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Let me tell you something, When we parked it was packed not sure what was going on. I went inside and saw a woman she was helping someone else that was very rude and yelling at her about a bug she found in her sheets. I watched and saw how this front desk associate calmed her down. Most places people in hotels would yell at them back. I then knew this was an ok hotel. I then watched her change her room and watched how calmly she resolved this issue and at the end the guest apologized for yelling at her it was amazing to see the woman at the front desk not get upset at the guest. She also advised the guest that they take priority and have standards against pest control and are very serious when it comes to their guests. She also advised the guest we would have someone come right out and check the room. Guest felt more comfortable. I was then amazed when I was checking in, how I read her name tag and it said Faith I asked for her last name she told me Davis, I then told faith she has alot of faith and she was great and we both laughed and when I went to my room it was fablous.great job faith davis

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MIATS8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel and for recognizing Faith. I am glad she was able to provide you with exceptional service. Pest control is something we take very seriosuly at the hotel and as Faith stated, we partner with our pest control company to insure a clean comfortable hotel for our guests. I am very glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here.
Green Features: A terrific Place for the dollar. I was highly impress with the room, and the service which put me in the mind of a timeshare. Ms. Ivy Santiago is the right person for the job. Marriott has a Gem by the name of Ivy Santiago, in their possession. Thank you for your service towards me and my family.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MIATS8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Lakes. I was delighted to read your comments you shared on Trip Advisor and will be sharing them with Ivy and the rest of my team. Ivy is one of our long-term associates and I am very pleased she was able to make your stay great. Thank you again. I look forward to your return.

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've stayed at all types of Marriott's before and before I give my opinion on the hotel I want to applaud Faith for the fantastic job she did in getting my friends and I back to the hotel after a game at the sun life stadium. We took a cab so no one would be drinking and driving only to find ourselves stuck with no cab to speak of anywhere to take us back. I called the property and faith worked her magic and had a cab meet us a little down the street at Walmart to take us back. She even called me back twice to make sure the cab had actually found us and that we had made it back safe. Thank you so much for that!

Now the breakfast was a disappointment. There was nothing really substantial like hot eggs, sausage or bacon or even waffles.... There was cereal, fruit, bagels, and bread. This is not what I would have received at any other Marriott that includes breakfast in the mornings.

The room when I first went in had a weird old smell to it that after you were in the room didn't notice but every time you left and came back you could smell it. Also,I don''t know why but the carpet at first was very damp. It eventually dried but maybe that was were the oder was coming from. now the beds on the other hand are EXTREMELY comfortable. I had two great night sleeps i haven't had in a while and I guess in the end that's what we really pay for when we rent a room, right?

The pool is much smaller than any pool I've seen at a hotel. Although it was clean and wasn't that cold to swim in.

The front desk person I spoke to sometime after midnight wasn't very friendly and kind of irritated me. I had asked that a key be left for a late arriving friend to pick up and when she got there around 130am she said she was given a hard time about getting the key.

Overall, and only because the room for us was split four ways, the price I paid was worth the trouble. If I had been paying the full bill I may have been a bit more upset. If I had to stay here again I might but next time I am in Miami I may check out another spot to relax in. The whole hotel just needs a bit of an upgrade to make it worth coming back although it did do the job of housing a group of friends just on a mini vacation to see the England game for the weekend.

Room Tip: I noticed rooms directly outside of the pool area that I would assume could get noisy. The building...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here and Faith was able to be of so much assistance. I am sorry you were disappointed in our breakfast, TownePlace Suites brand offers a continental breakfast which does not feature hot items such as eggs or breakfast meats etc. Your concerns regarding the room odor have been addressed with our team. Thank you again for staying with us.

Best regards,
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was traveling with some buddies and looking for a 2 Bedroom place to have room for all of us. Found this online. Room itself was small but actually nicer than expected. Each bedroom had their own TV as well as the one in the living room. Awesome kitchen with everything you could need. Was within walking distance of great restaurants, drug store and grocery store.

One caveat - do NOT, under any circumstances, be the unlucky one to get stuck using the sofa bed! Trust me. You will be better off on the floor!

Overall, a good value for the price paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bret B
Good day,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your time in Miami and our hotel. My apologies for the comfort of the sofa sleeper. Thank you again for staying with us.

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami West/FL Turnpike
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!