“Refreshing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Chaguanas, Caroni, Trinidad and Tobago
“Refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was on my way back to Trinidad from Taiwan and decided to spend a couple days in miami. I stayed at this hotel and the decision to do so was right. The area is great with a plaza within walking distance. The palmetto is like 1 minute away. Westland mall about 10 minutes. The room was nice with a kitchenette, made bringing back leftovers possible lol. There was a small gym too which was great. I had coffee in my room, but I knew there was breakfast in the am as well, although I didn't partake, ..I am a coffee in the am person.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, I didn't notice if there were elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ellenwood, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel August 3rd for one night, used Marriott reward points to book. I received an upgraded room for being a Marriott reward member. The room was great. Had a pull out sofa and a full kitchen, and I mean a full kitchen. Huge refrigerator, stove with an oven and dishes and pots and pans and silverware. The staff was very accommodating. They provided extra towels and blankets for our 3rd person in the room. The hotel is very close to the interstate, so getting to the airport and shopping was a breeze. I would definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in the Miami area for any reason, this is a great place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always a positive boost to our associates to hear when a guest had a great experience at our property. I will make sure to pass along you comments and look forward to your next stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am only rating this stay as TERRIBLE because both my boyfriend and I are Marriott Associates. I am a Front Desk Agent at Marriott in DC and I know what they did for us was the very bare minimum of what they should have done. I emailed the MG about the situation and to this day, I never got a response...not even an apology. Disappointment is an understatement with my experience at this hotel.

So I went to stay at this hotel with my boyfriend for 5 nights. We went to Miami to celebrate our birthdays about 3 weeks ago. The hotel looked and smelled old; the welcoming process was very bland. I told the front desk agent that we just arrived from DC and this is my first time in Miami to celebrate my birthday. I asked if he had any suggestions or a nice room for me; he didn't offer either. Our room was one the older rooms; our shower head trickled water, our room smelled old. I know this because the room that he gave us for those few hours to wait until out flight time was the newer one. This is just the beginning!

We had our room cleaned during our stay, yet we had mysterious bite marks on our bodies; we thought it was from us being outside, until I saw 2 tiny black bugs on my leg the day of our departure!!!! I took a video of it hopping off my leg and onto the bed; I went downstairs and showed it to the front desk agent. He looked at it and mentioned talking to the MG to refund a couple of our nights' stay. Our flight didn't leave until 9:30pm that day, so we asked if he could help, he gave us a comped room until we had to leave; that was about the only thing they did right. They assumed that would be enough even though we had bit marks all over and we had to throw away most of our things in fear of the bugs coming along.

Room Tip: Tell them to put you in the second building NOT connected to the Front Desk reception area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank cmolyka
I do apologize your trip to Miami for your birthday did not go as planned. I sincerly hope that all of our guests including Marriott Associates enjoy their stay at our property. In regards to your concerns regarding bites during your trip to Miami, as with all reported cases of this severity, we contact an outside company to come and inspect the room as is our standard to be impartial. There was no evidence found by Ecolab to support your claim that the bites came from inside your suite.
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was there for the July 4th weekend. Property is located on the quieter side of town. Booked a 2-bedroom suite (with only 1 bathroom though). Rooms were clean and tidy but were on the smaller side. Check-in was smooth; staff were friendly and professional. I asked for directions (to Walmart and CVS/Walgreens) a couple of times and was given clear instructions. Even though the property is considered close to the airport, I did not hear a thing during my entire stay. Breakfast was included, but it's only bagels and hot beverages (not even bread), and that's my only complaint. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex T
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Alex, thank you so much for your comments. As our market continues to grow, more and more of our guests are looking to other guests for feedback. Thank you for nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
Alliston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed for one night prior to leaving Florida. I resent paying the exorbitant parking fees in Miami Beach so decided to stay away from the action. The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for my son and I. We were exhausted after a busy 2 weeks in Orlando and on a cruise. If you are looking for the hairdryer, check the bedroom closet - an odd place to keep it when there is plenty of room in the bathroom.
Starbucks, Burger King, a really good bagel place and several restaurants are right across the street. The pool is small and in an odd location but it's there and functional. The exercise room, although tiny (really tiny) was well equipped with a good treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike and free weights. I recently stayed in a mid-range Disney hotel and they don't even have an exercise room so this was really appreciated.
Breakfast was the standard Marriott continental breakfast. Cereal, Yogurt, pastries, bread and bagels.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Wifi was available in rooms and I had no problem with it. My only comment is I would have liked somewhere outside to sit besides the pool area.
Great value and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your comments about the TownePlace Suites. Are associates always enjoy reading the positive feedback from our guests. We thank you again and hope to see you on your next trip into Miami Lakes.
miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The place surprisingly descent. You get your moneys worth so do not expect anything luxurious. The rooms come with a convenient kitchenette fully stocked with pans and silverware. It really is a cute place to stay in the heart of Miami Lakes. Could use some updating though. Recommend it for traveling couples or small families but keep in mind it is at least a 35 minute drive to downtown Miami. Beds are SUPER comfy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paola karen m
On behalf of the TownePlace Suites in Miami Lakes, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we very much hope to accomodate you again. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff.
Hospitability,
Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Cant say enough about this Hotel , customer service is the best , location is ideal , walking distance to pharmacy , restaurants , gas station .Good housekeeping , no problem with check-in , free continental breakfast , heated pool , gym . I stay with my wife and my 2 kids ( 3 and 1 ) every time we are in Miami ( 4-5 times a year .

Room Tip: never had an Issue.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the TownePlace Suites. Comments like yours really are the reason we are in this industry. If we can ever assist you with your future reservations, please do not hesistate to contact us directly.

Hospitably,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 317 reviews
TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West/Doral Area
SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!