All reviews florida turnpike hot breakfast front desk staff free breakfast the breakfast area convenient location nice stay would stay here again coffee maker business trip publix everglades microwave conference
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2019

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and varied. It was nice to have fresh fruit and freshly made hot breakfast choices. Best of all was the friendly and efficient staff. Quality option at a reasonable price.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2019

I went down to use the spa and pool area with my daughter. I didn't realize that I needed the key to get back in to the hotel and got locked out at the pool area for over an hour. There was a phone out there without instructions on who to call and it didn't have a dial tone. I attempted to use the phone several times and no one answered. It started to rain while I was out there. Unable to get anyone's attention, I yelled out to someone in the parking lot to have them respond to me at the front desk. Instead, the girl came to let me in because no one was going from the desk. She said that this hotel had poor service. I then went to the front desk to explain the situation only to be told that they did try to answer the phone and that I hung up too soon. Since I was trying to call in the beginning of when I was locked in, you would think that someone would come and check to see who was trying to call. There was another gate out but it had a lock on it. I felt that this was an unsafe situation and should be addressed. The manager just looked at me and said "I'm sorry" and handed me a Hershey's kiss. I felt that this was not appropriately handled and am still upset about this situation.

Room tip: Avoid the 4th floor which is accommodating illegal detainees and their guards
Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank Hoodnurse
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2019

Dear Hoodnurse,
We are sorry for your experience.
Please know that there is a sign on the door before you access the pool which clearly states that you need your room key in order to get back in to the Hotel, you cannot miss this sign, We just tested the phone and it is working properly, the reason is actually for our guest's safety.

Reviewed January 18, 2019

Hotel was clean, in a nice location. Front desk staff very courteous and nice. Nice breakfast, nothing fancy, but very convenient. What made it terrible was the people next to our room. I traveled with my family, husband and two kids. My husband and I woke up at 5:30 am to the horrible sex noises from the room next door. We were horrified and praying our kids wouldn't wake up, but that did not happen, soon after my six years old woke up saying she couldn't sleep because of the noises people were making. There must have been an orgy, as we could hear different voices. As this is too embarrassing to even remember, I'll just go to say that we got up, turned the TV on as loud as we could, packed and left that room as quick as we could. I understand hotel staff don't know who they book into their rooms, and after I think about it, I probably should have called security or the say something to the front desk, but we were so upset and it was so embarrassing that we left without saying anything.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2019

Dear 615estherp,
Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry that you could not get a good night's sleep because of the neighbors, should you ever encounter this situation (at any Hotel) please contact the Front Desk and I assure you we always address and correct the situation. Thank you for you positive comments regarding the Hotel and Staff.

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed two days in Miami, prior to taking a cruise, just so we could visit the Everglades. Comfortable room, clean and quiet (although you can hear the rooms when walking in the corridor). Breakfast was ok: continental with decent choices and fresh offerings, except for those pre-fried eggs which I really don’t care for.
Anyway, we would return if ever in the area again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 282michep,
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments, glad to know you would stay with us again.

Reviewed January 4, 2019

Stayed at this Comfort Suites for a couple of nights as we enjoyed a visit to Miami... It was a typical stay at a Comfort Suites - good size room, very quiet (4th floor), free breakfast, good service, etc. Heated pool and hot tub felt great in January! The location was a little further from Miami attractions but came at a good price so I can't complain. :-)

Room tip: Higher floors always better
1  Thank west2926

Dear west2926,
Thank you!
We hope to see you again, soon.