“More than comforting, it's sweet!”

Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
Ranked #31 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I’m an expat residing in Mexico and I chose the Comfort Suites because of its local. Everything a person could possibly need to make your stay comfortable is within walking distance from the hotel: post office, supermarket, bank, food shops, etc. Yet this is not the highlight of my stay, the absolute dedication of the staff starting with Tulio, the hotel manager, was comforting for lack of a better term. I was outside the edifice carrying groceries from the nearby supermarket and a maid came outside to assist me to my room with my packages. Come-on where is this kind of hospitality present today? I’ve traveled to over 20 countries and I can honestly say that the service at this hotel is optimum. My daughter visited me with her two little children and it was marvelous to enjoy such a cozy time with grandkids. They, including myself, enjoyed the delicious free breakfast each morning. I cannot emphasize nor endorse enough the outstanding quality of this hotel and its entire staff, you won’t regret it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Poetarican
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

dear PoetaRican,
Thank you so much for your review, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us, we hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for our honeymoon, we enjoyed every moment. The hotel was lovely, it was very clean and our room was spotless. The staff was polite and professional, they made us feel right at home. We will be returning to this hotel in the near future.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to stay on their vacation.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Tina J,
Our very best wishes, Thank you for the wonderful review, we are happy to have contributed even if in a small way in making your Honeymoon a memorable one, here is to you! forever and ever!!

Tulio.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way down to Key West. We chose this place because of recommendations on Tripadvisor -- and they were right on target. It's convenient to the toll road and the airboat tour we took that afternoon. The room was spacious and comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is nothing negative we can say about this place!

2  Thank opieks
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Opieks,
Thank you, we truly appreciate your comments, our location is really very convenient when visiting almost all attractions in Miami, we hope you will visit again, soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After being on a cruise for five days we decided to stay in Miami an extra day. I found the Comfort Suites online, I called and booked with no problem and received a really great price. I explained to the rep we would be coming from a cruise the customer service rep notified us that we can catch a shuttle for $10 dollars oppose to paying $30 for a cab. We took his advice and I'm glad we did. Upon arrival at the hotel which is 15-20 min from Miami port, we were just in time for the complimentary breakfast whick included an assortment of pastries,muffins, eggs, bagels,
waffles and the list goes on and on it was awesome!

We arrived early so we still had to wait on our room which was not a problem, the lobby was spacious and very clean with plenty of outlets, and seating. The front desk clerk was very nice she knew we had been waiting and was very kind with answering any questions we had about Miami! I'm not sure how the other rooms look, however we were put in room 425 and when we walked in the room we were in awww. It was very very spacious, clean, very nice bathroom, clean, a sitting area, very comfortable beds, clean, nice linen, and did I mention clean. We were very impressed! I know where I will be staying whenever I'm in Miami.

The airport is maybe 10 min away and the shuttle bus will take you there...they were even nice:) I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We were in a corner suite and it was huge!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marneice B

Dear Marneice B,
We thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, it was our pleasure to host you. We hope you will visit again, soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This Comfort Suites hotel was chosen for our 4 night stay based on Tripadvisor reviews, and the fact that we have a Choice Hotel membership, so we are familiar with the brand. The hotel was, as the reviews say, comparable to much higher priced lodgings in cleanliness, room size, amenities, linens, staff, and extra services -- a newspaper and hot breakfast offered each day, plus on-site pool and fitness room, and free business area with computers and printers, plus good wifi throughout. (This is a very convenient area, too.)
But, the best part was watching Tulio, the very capable manager, at his duties. Running a good hotel these days is a real skill, something that has to be learned. Tulio obviously has learned well. He was pleasant, efficient, polite, friendly, and met every request in proper fashion. Anyone intending to have a career in hotel management could learn a lot from Tulio! (Plus, did you notice how many of these reviews show his personal response? That's what makes him, and his establishment, a class act!)

Room Tip: Don't worry about noise -- the hotel has hurricane proof windows (up to 145mph) That makes for a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear GSanders59Louisiana,
On behalf of the entire staff: THANK YOU.
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am very fortunate to work with a great group of people, we as a team truly enjoy what we do, you are very kind and we hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice looking hotel. Most the staff were friendly. Although not as I expected when checking in. May be I wasn't dressed as smart as the other guests (shorts and tee shirt).

Room was a nice size. The bed was huge which I really liked, slept well. Big TV, decent bathroom.

Included free parking however spaces directly in front of the hotel were limited as full if you got back late.
Te gym was good, cable machines, treadmill and cross trainer.

Not a lot near by, ideally you would need a car to get around.

Would defiantly look at this hotel again when I go back to Miami.

• Stayed: February 2013
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hello Chou1983,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
Please accept our apologies for not making you feel as welcome, believe me, we were very happy to have you stay with us, shorts and tee-shirt are expected, sunny Miami, we certainly hope that we see you again soon, relaxed as it should be.
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate it.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is a very good option for staying a few days in Miami and discover greater miami and the beaches. It has a very good location with restaurant options and supermarket on walking distance. Very good service and friendly staff! The rooms are very spacious and clean. Breakfast was ok. Everything OK!

1  Thank Mookos
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Mookos,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, we hope you will visit again soon.
Tulio.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Best Western Plus Kendall Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Dolphin Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami West/FL Turnpike

Been to Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall? Share your experiences!