“Feel at home and safe!” 5 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
Ranked #25 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brazil
“Feel at home and safe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

For the first time I felt home in a hotel! The room is cosin , avaiable tea and coffee and even a microwave. The beds are very comfortable! The staff is amazin! I`m pregnant and came from Brazil to do some shopping for the baby. The hotel staff colected all the items I bought in amazon, and kept safe in my room. Also, one day, my husband lost his small wallet, with cash and travellers check. For incredible that it seems, somebody of the hotel staff have found it and kept for him! We were very happy for that! Also the breakfast is good, the leisure area is excelent, specially for the heated pool and spa, very very warm! I wish I could stay longer! Next time I hope defenely come back to this hotel! This time with the baby! Before I forget it is very close to some very nice malls, specially the dolphin Mall! cheers!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fabilation
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Fabilation,
It was our pleasure!
We are very proud of our staff/team, we have been together for a long time.
We wish you the best and look forward to your next visit, we would love the meet the baby.
Tulio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pelham, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very proud of its TA rating. It has a huge banner on the side facing the turnpike boasting its "excellent" rating. It is a very convenient location. The lobby was well decorated with a separate breakfast room sectioned off with beautiful wood doors. We stayed on the 5th floor. The room was an average size suite with a couch, desk, coffee table, chest of drawers which held the TV, two bedside tables, a small kitchenette with a fridge, and of course the bed. The bathroom was a little small but plenty adequate. The bed was comfortable with the usual sorry pillows that hotels offer. The only problem that we encountered was the roach. I killed it that night. I am not naive. I realize it would be very hard to insure that no pests were allowed to enter. However, I would be lying if I didn't say it freaked me out. I was paranoid all night about roaches creeping around or worse getting into my bag. But it was only one roach. Forgive me for saying but at $170 a night we shouldn't have to think about that. The next morning at checkout I informed the desk attendant what had happened. She gave me a puzzled disbelieving look. She said that would be very odd because "they are so good about that." I replied that "I am sure you are. It was only one. I just wanted you to know just in case it needs to be addressed." Because I had anticipated this response, I offered to show her the picture I took but she declined. She said she would send someone up to look right away because it probably just came in through the AC vent. With her half-hearted apology, I left. I was more put off my her reaction than the roach. It probably did come in through the vent but that still doesn't change the fact it was in my room. Other than this minor problem our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TNTravelinCouple
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear TNT TravelinCouple,
Thank you so much for staying with us, please accept our apologies for the "half-hearted apology" from my co-worker as well as for the roach in your room, believe me I understand, I assure you we take every guest concern very seriously, a thorough inspection of your suite was conducted and we are happy to report we did not find any other critters, nevertheless the exterminator was informed and proper measures were taken, we hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Miami, on behalf of the entire staff.
DeLand, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. Upon check-in at about 1:00 A.M., I could find no desk clerk on duty for several minutes. Yelling for an employee got no response. After 4 or 5 minutes, a desk clerk came out of the back, appearing to have just awakened, and offered no apology or excuse. The hotel was nice, the room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast left much to be desired for a $153.00 a night hotel. Cold hard boiled eggs, sausage links, muffins and cold cereal. No hot eggs, no hot potatoes or grits, no hot biscuits with sausage gravy, like I've seen in much cheaper hotels and motels. I expect to pay a lot for a hotel in the Miami area, but I also expect to get my moneys worth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JackieBoy22
Dear Jackieboy22,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, please accept our apologies for the wait upon check-in, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations, please note that we do have at least two hot items on our rotating menu (Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, ham)+Belgian waffles, three types of cereal, apples, bananas and a variety of breads and pastries. Thank you for your positive comments regarding cleanliness and comfort, we appreciate it.
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel location is good. Room was clean. Queen beds were smaller than average. Furniture needs to be updated. No desk. Nightly room was higher than expected for this hotel. We stayed at this hotel because it was en route to The Keys and in close proximity to South Beach and restaurants at the Dolphin Mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mj0470
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear MJ0470,
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us, we are glad our location was convenient for you, we are in the process of renovating the entire property and we hope you will visit with us again.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 5 days while on vacation in Miami. It really is a lovely place at a fraction of the price of most hotels in Miami. The breakfast was crazy every morning (it was packed, unless you came when it first opened or right before it ended). The pool was clean and the whirlpool was great (the whirlpool is quite hot, so I recommend using it later in the day, after the sun goes down).

The fitness room has everything you need. Speaking of which, if you ever wanted the fitness room, it was almost always totally empty (which is a nice plus!).

To the rooms, though, the room was a bit smaller than I hoped for, but it was decent. The beds were average bathroom clean, overall everything was good.

The staff are all very friendly, by the way. I have not a single complaint about them.

Overall, if you are looking for a long-needed getaway or just a quick stop, this place is great!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has a great view over the lobby!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LT4life
Dear LT4Life,
Yes it was quite a weekend, I hope you enjoyed it.
We are very grateful you took the time to comment, our entire staff thanks you. Stay warm!
or come down and visit , we love have you stay with us again!
SASKATOON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a big room at a very good price. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We happened to be guests when the place was packed with Notre Dame fans in for the college football championships. Breakfast was a zoo and though it was hard to find a spot to sit down, the staff kept the food restocked. The night desk guy was exceptionally helpful. He came and tried to fix the hot tub for us when it was at 110F. Some guests from Quebec were sitting in it and said they liked it that hot. I could only dip a toe in. The pool was very warm anyway so having the pool out of order was not a big hardship. The TV was strange as they had only analog channels on a plasma TV. It is a bit hard to watch when you are used to HD

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jay_D_A2
Dear Jay_D_A2,
Thank so much for commenting on your recent stay with, it was quite a weekend, the staff was happy to see so many wonderful guests, we are undergoing a renovation of our TV system, we are replacing the analog receivers and installing digital ones, we hope you will visit again and enjoy HD as it is meant to be. Thank You.
Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very close to the trunpike. Excellent if you want to visit Everglades area. We checked in late in the night and had notified them about it. The hotel had made sure that we had our room. The check in process was quick and totally hasslefree. Room was clean and quiet as requested.
The complimentary breakfast is typical motel quality with the orange juice not tasting much like orange juice. The water pressure in the shower was poor; actually we could not control the volume of the water at all; there was jsut oen setting; I do not know if that was the case with our room or true of all rooms. I will still highly recommend the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dsingh95070
Dear Singh95070,
It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time to comment, our engineering staff is presently inspecting all shower heads to make sure the concern is corrected. We look forward to your next visit.
Tulio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Regency Hotel Miami
#26 of 119 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,276 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall? Share your experiences!