“Service with a smile” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Midlands
“Service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Arrived there a day late (thanks, US Airways) but greeted with a smile and shown to a room that was spotlessly clean with good facilities (fridge, microwave, free wi-fi, safe, iron & board, lounge area, etc).
I asked the manager, Ernesto Vaca, to recommend a 'simple' restuarant to celebrate our wedding anniversary ...not only did he recommend a lovely Italian nearby (Nunzio's) he sent up a basket of fruit to our room ...nice touch from a very nice gent.
If you are just arrived in Miami from abroad and wish to explore for a few days, or stop over on the way to/from the Keys, I couldn't recommend a better place to stay.
This hotel is nowhere near the Miami art-deco & beaches but if you weigh-up the extra few miles travelling each day and compare to the cost of valet parking, breakfast, wi-fi and resort fees that stack-up anywhere east of the airport, then it's a no-brainer.
We used it for 4 days, as a base to see the sights, explore the malls (very close) and to go to a Dolphins game, before we moved on to Naples.
In a word, excellent.

Room Tip: I might ask for something above ground floor but they're all good.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My family of 3, myself, my husband, and my two-year old son had a great time visiting Miami and staying at the Comfort Suites. It was our first visit to Miami and we wanted to stay outside of the main touristy areas since we had our son with us. The hotel was very clean and the service was outstanding. The complimentary breakfast had an ample variety of items and kept everyone satisfied. We didn't get an opportunity to use the pool; however, I did make use of the fitness room and though small, it had three cardio machines in addition to a weight machine and was enough for a workout room on vacation. There is a shopping area within walking distance that has several dining options. We had a really nice stay and would return again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Misty S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hotel was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a hotel. It was wonderful being there. The staff at the hotel is the best staff I've ever dealt with. They're personable, caring, friendly, and informative throughout my stay. The rooms are top notch, spotless, and highly affordable for such a prime location! I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know. I will absolutely go back and am already looking forward towards my next stay. I can't express how great the experience was.

Room Tip: Any room you choose is going to be perfect and exactly to your liking.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Turtle T
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My family and I were extremely satisfied with the excellent customer service that this hotel offers, this is our first time in this commodity, and we are having such as good time that we decided to stay one day more and we will be coming here all the time that we visit Miami.
I have to mention overall the kitchen service, Ms Eva Aroca is an excellent attendant, everything was on place and she was smiling and willing to help everybody, a really nice person to keep around.. Thank you for the cozy place you manage here.... Charles

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Each and every time my family and I visit Miami this is were we stay because of the great customer service, clean and comfortable rooms, nice private pool/hot tub and their free breakfast. All the times I have stayed here I have yet to find one thing wrong.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Was very well taking care off. All the employees were very nice and happy. Was taking care by Eva Proca. Thank you

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Hello, Firstly, I am an extremely picky person about what hotels I stay at!! I use to work in one back in my days. If I don't like the atmosphere to begin with I walk right out! I found the Comfort Suites Miami/Kendall to be quite charming upon entering. Had a home away from home feel to it. I was greeted very friendly by the staff. We had a 3 night stay in August. I do not know why there were off reviews on this hotel. As someone who has done this industry before I do know sometimes guests can be needless to say not so nice. The Comfort Suites Staff was super friendly, Ernesto, Rafaela, Tulio, Michelle, Xiomara. I can go on and on. They were all super nice with us. Being greeted in the mornings and coming in/out of the hotel for a hotel that is not a "Five Star" hotel it's quite impressive! Rooms were very well kept and housekeeping definitely does there job! Breakfast was very good, it's not the Four Season's ladies and gents so it is what it is! But all in all, it's got a pleasant variety and well balanced for everyone's needs! I cannot rave enough about this place and I will always come back to my second home Comfort Suites Miami/Kendall when I am in the area. Thank you to all and keep up the excellent work!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool View
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Regency Hotel Miami
#26 of 119 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,277 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall? Share your experiences!