“My "go to" place in Miami”

Crowne Plaza Miami Airport
Ranked #27 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous time, and plan to return faithfully. As a priority club member, I'm well treated and respected there. Checking in and out is seamless and the front desk staff is the best ever.

The rooms are spacious, clean, odor free, and have a nicely sized bathroom. The television is huge and makes for great entertainment. Wi-Fi is complimentary and appreciated- always a good, solid connection. I only wish there was a minifridge in the room.

Dinner from the restaurant is always top-notch. I plan on staying many times in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear PHSTraveler, Thank You so very much for your loyalty to our hotel and this generous and complementary review along with the endorsement of our product and services. We promise to ensure that all your future stays with us will be as expected or better. Feel free at any moment to call on us if we can be of any assistance.
Again, Thank You for your support and loyalty.
Until we meet again, wishing you safe and relaxing travels.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We needed a hotel after we returned from our cruise and decided to stay here. We got a great price for a last minute booking. We were exhausted and needed somewhere to stay since our flight was cancelled. They offer free airport shuttle so that was perfect. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel. The lobby was nice and we were impressed with the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. Great hotel for the price, I would definitely come back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Staci B, Thank You for posting your feedback after visiting us. We are pleased that we could provide you with a relaxing environment to lessen the stress of the cancelled flight. We also would like to Thank You for the endorsement of our hotel.

May your future travels be enjoyable and relaxing.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I went to the bathroom and getting ready to take a shower. I pulled the towel and it was soaking wet. They did not have wash towel provided. And you know they normally fold your toilet paper after cleaning your room mine was not that tells me it was not really attended well. I opened my bed and found long hair in my bed. front desk don't seem interested in hearing the issue. no fridge in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank flight-traveler
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear flight-traveler, I am so totally embarrassed by your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Please accept my apology for this experience and am very sorry that we caused you aggravation and discomfort. I wish to assure you, that we will do our utmost to get to the bottom of this deviation from established trends.
Again, my apology for this experience at our hotel. May your future travels be more pleasant.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I needed a hotel near the airport. The Crowne Plaza filled the bill. Shuttle service is provided to and from the airport every 20 minutes. The staff was friendly and helpful, but you should be prepared to handle your own luggage. Rooms are clean and quiet, despite their proximity to the airport. There is a hotel restaurant, and restaurants within walking distance. The Crowne Plaza was a good business choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Trippin 26, Thank You for selecting our hotel for your stay in Miami. We are pleased to read that you felt we provided you with the expected accommodation and service. We certainly make efforts to ensure that we can assist with the expected luggage support and regret we we could not deliver against this expectation.
Again, Thank You for the feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to be again your choice of hotel when visiting Miami.
Bon Voyage.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Crown Plaza before leaving Miami because it was only 5 minutes to the airport and had good rates. Arriving at 2:30 pm, we were aware the check in was 3 pm. We were told by the front desk to sit down in the lobby and wait. At 3 o'clock, I went to the counter and asked them how long it will take to have a room, and the manager told me "we have no idea"and suggested we store our luggage and go out. I was very tired and I wanted to rest. Almost 40 minutes later, the manager called us to check in. Bad first impression!
However, the hotel itself is very clean and nicely decorated. Our room was good sized, had a sitting area, spotlessly clean and very, very comfortable bed and pillows. A big flat screen tv was a very nice plus, as well as a complementary little spa kit.
No coffee/tea facilities and a microwave/fridge, but which would have been welcomed.
Unfortunately, I'm sensitive to light and had a hard time with some devices that illuminate the room in the night. I could handle the light coming from the blow dryer in the bathroom by closing the door, but the ultra bright light coming from the clock radio was annoying.
Early in the morning our complimentary full American breakfast was really a plus. The waitress was eager to please us. Very professional and a nice person.
All in all our stay in Crown Plaza, apart from those little downfalls, was positive. Especially considering the silence, comfort and that it's a quite secure hotel, including the very spacious parking, and the elevator system works by requiring the card to access the rooms. Nice!
Parking lot is $13 daily and a shuttle to the airport is helpful if you don't have a car.

Room Tip: Avoid parking under the trees, your car could end up a different color, because of the birds!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sandra 700, Thank You, we truly appreciate the informative review posted after your visit to our hotel. We are pleased to read that your overall stay with us was relaxing and met your needs. We will pay attention to our room turnover in order to ensure that inventory is available upon arrival.
As for the in-room coffee maker it should have been there. Unlike other properties we have moved this equipment into a dedicated shelf space in the TV cabinet in order to achieve a less cluttered room appearance. Microwave oven and a fridge are not standard equipment in our guest rooms. Though a fridge can be requested and will be delivered if available.
Wishing you safe and relaxing journeys..............

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I arrived at the hotel after 6pm, upon reaching the service desk I was greeted with a smile.After giving my name I was told that my room was ready and given the room key.
The attendant gave me direction to the elevator and to the room. Once inside the elevator I had to use the room key to get to floor, and I like this as it is a safety measure.The hotel was clean and the AC was great.The room was large with a King bed and the aroma bath solution was ready nice as it relaxed me after a long ride.The location was quite even though it is close to the airport. I only stayed one night and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear tiny812, nothing better than coming back to the office and having the pleasure of reading your review. Thank You so very much for posting such a complemetary feedback. Pleased to read that you got to enjoy our wonderful Aromatherapy amenity.
From all of us, Thank You for the endorsement of our establishment. Wishing you safe and enjoyable journeys.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotels houses a number of international travelers waiting for their connecting flights. Very quiet in spite of the location. Excellent restaurant. Don't fail to try the tostones with chimichurri sauce.

Room Tip: Since the hotel sits sideways in relation to the road, no room has real road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Forest20851

Dear Forest20851, so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and highlited our dining facility and some specialty items.
Thank You very much for your visit and your posting. Wishing you pleasant and productive travels.