“A convenient and friendly place to stay”

Crowne Plaza Miami Airport
Ranked #29 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Brisbane, Australia
“A convenient and friendly place to stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The girls at reception (Franceina & Melissa) were cheerful, helpful and informative. The room was clean and comfortable, a bit of noise came from the room next to me (just bad luck as this sometimes happens). Free internet access, no Skype though from their computers. I had a good value for $ dinner across the road in a Mexican restaurant open until 10.30 pm. Bfast is ok for what the hotel charges. It is a hotel mainly to be used when in transit I'd say, there is nothing interesting to see in that particular area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter V
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Peter V, my Business partners mentioned by name are excited that you took the time and effort to post this review and highlighted their personal service performance. Enjoyed reading that you had the opportunity to explore the neighborhood while staying with us. I regret that your rest was impacted by some noise neighbors.
We Thank You for your visit and wish you safe and enjoyable journeys.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was attending a conference in South Beach and all the hotels were over per diem. But Ifound the Crowne Plaza that was a little under per diem. I believe I know why now.I have only stayed in a Crowne Plaza hotel in Orlanda a few years agao. So that is why I selected to stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Miami. It was defintely not the same level of hotel that I expreienced in Orlando. One of the best hotels that I had ever stayed in. However, the Miami hotel was not very upscale and in a neighborhood that left alot to be desired. The redeeming feature was the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff. The staff was amazing!!!! I don't know any of their names, but they did whatever they could to make me confortable and welcome. I do appreciate this and I if the location was better and a upgraded more, I would have given it a 4..

Room Tip: Make sure you research the location and accessibility to where you are to commute to everyday. In M...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DaLaw50
Dear DaLaw50, we appreciate it that you selected our hotel based on the previous experience at our hotel In Orlando. All of us strive to deliver the expected service as consistently as possible and are pleased that you enjoyed our service and the cleanliness of the product. We Thank You for highlighting this in your review of our property.
Your visit and the comment posted are valuable and will help others in selecting a suitable hotel in the Miami International Airport area.
Wishing you safe and relaxing journeys.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Before departing and upon returning from Cuba, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Miami just five minutes by shuttle from the airport. The free shuttle runs every 20 minutes from the second level of the airport. The rooms are very large with art deco touches to the decor. They have large flat screen TV (but no CNN),and a spacious, well-lit bathroom. One unusual feature was a self closing door that practically chases you in or out of the room. Despite being near the airport, the room was very quiet. The hotel has a free gym which I didn't use, and a business center with free computers. The hotel prices do not include a complimentary breakfast and the hotel restaurant is quite pricey. However, there is an excellent restaurant, the Latin Cafe, right across the street with a big menu, good food, and low prices.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dearkokopeli5, Thank You very much for taking time to post your feedback after visiting our property. I verified that all of our guest room televisions have CNN, we had a period of disruption that the service provider had to address due to equipment related issues. But as of this writing all is back to normal.
I am glad that you had the opportunity to explore the neighborhood and experienced one of our favorite restaurants and is value cuisine. We certainly hope to be able to welcome you again during a future visit to our area. Until then, Bon Voyage.........
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here on a layover from Honduras. The hotel is located near the airport and offers free shuttle service every 20 minutes from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. We needed to go to the airport at 4 a.m. and the driver was willing to accommodate our need. We asked for two beds but received a king instead, which worked since we were two females.

The restaurant was the biggest disappointment. We were tired and hungry and looking forward to a nice meal then bed before our 3:30 a.m. wake-up call. There was only one other couple in the restaurant when we arrived, yet we waited nearly 45 minutes for a house salad and baked potato. The check was outrageous, over $17 per person for what would have cost less than half that at any other location. A 15% service charge, another 15% tip and 9% sales tax were added to our check. Had we felt comfortable leaving the hotel after dark to look for another restaurant, we would have. The posted price for breakfast buffet was $15.95. Needless to say, we ate at the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelinGal2010
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear TravelinGal2010, I am in total agreement with you that the service performance at our restaurant was simply unacceptable, based on the situation you described. If anything contributed to the delay of producing the requested order, I would have expected that your server kept you informed of the issue and how it will be addressed.
As for the final bill presented, I would like to offer the following explanation: all charges incurred in our Food and Beverage outlets include an automatic service charge. If ,however, you experienced an unsatisfactory service performance, you can and should request that this charge be eliminated and removed from your final bill. Bad service certainly does not deserve monetary recognition. Other than a tax charge there are no other add ons to the final bill. What you are referencing is the bill summary at the bottom of the check presented. We have since changed the description of the printout to avoid concerns in the future. It was reset during a recent software upgrade.
I am truly sorry that we could not deliver the expected service experience, but Thank You for bringing this matter to my attention.
Wishing you more enjoyable travels in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hotel was clean inside and out. However, some obvious wear and tear and in rooms having two beds, they are smaller than queen. There is a bar on site that serves food and a café. However, both are grossly overpriced. Hotel is near the airport, but located in a run down area which doesn't have much in the way of non-cuban normal chain restaurants around it. And, so unless you are into cuban food or if you don't have a rental car, you will probably eat at the overpriced café or bar right at the hotel. The consierge also runs the airport shuttle, and so he is not always at his desk to help if you need some direction or to arrange transport. Overall, the hotel is not in keeping with the standards of other Crowne Plaza's I've stayed in and I probably would select another hotel for my next stay in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve E, while we are disappointed that we could not provide you with the expected experience, we do appreciate your visit and the feedback provided. As we are one of the closest hotels to Miami International Airport, we share our location with other nationally recognized upscale competitors. As you described in your feedback, the restaurants in our vicinity have a tendency towards the Latin influence, noticeable throughout the Miami area. As an alternative we recommend the restaurants at the nearby Miami International Airport as an option if our offerings cannot not meet the expectations. We are only 1.8 miles south of the Airport and our shuttle can take you there in less than 10 minutes under normal traffic conditions.
There are three bed types available in our hotel, two full size beds in each double bedded room, a few queen bedded and the majority of our rooms have a king size bed. In addition to our Bell staff, our Guest service colleagues can also assist with Concierge related questions.
I appreciate the opportunity to offer these supplementary comments to your feedback provided and wish you enjoyable journeys.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The staff were nice, the room was clean and comfortable, although it was fairly obvious that this was an older property that received a (nice) face lift.
Shuttle was convenient and on time. Was not happy that there was no coffee maker in the room. There was a little coffee shop/deli in the lobby that sold drinks and snacks.
I arrived at night, so was not able to see the area, but the entire property was fenced in with a security gate, so although the property was safe, it led me to believe the neighborhood might not be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lvLass
Dear Ivlass, we appreciate your visit and the feedback provided. Perhaps for the benefit of future guests, I would like to state that all of our Guest rooms have a Coffee maker provided. Unlike many other competitors, we have moved it into the main dresser in order to conceal it when not needed our in use. All that needs to be done is move out the shelf it is placed on and start brewing for morning cup of coffee or tea.

Again, Thank You for your comments. Wishing you safe and relaxing travels.
Montreal
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The good thing about the hotel that it's conveniently located close to the airport, the shuttle service was fine and easy. Breakfast was fine. I was given a room on the second floor close to the elevator although I had asked for a room on the highest floor (4th) far from elevators and noise. The night time receptionist was unfriendly and did not seem to listen as I reiterated my request regarding the room preference. She just handed out the key and since it was late I did not bother to ask to change the room when I found out its location. It was a huge mistake, because not only as there a lot of noise from people coming in and out of the elevators, there was a loud motor noise coming from what seemed to be the central conditioning units in an enclosure just under the room window! The noise and vibration is so loud that it is impossible to sleep even with ear plugs! It was a nightmare! Fortunately I was reimbursed by Crowne Plaza management.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Mtltravel2013, I Thank You for the opportunity to address your concern and hope that our timely resolution of your concern provided some relief for the inconvenience experienced.
We do hope that your future travels will be more comfortable and relaxing.