“Not Bad”

Ranked #27 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Papeete, French Polynesia
“Not Bad”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights for business. Hotel pool, gym and lobby area are currently under renovation. Room was decent size, comfortable king bed,nice black out curtain set up, lots of cable TV channels, complimentary coffee and tea, nice aroma therapy sleep kit included, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up removal cloth, and in room safe.
All staff members I encountered were very friendly and helpful. One bar and restaurant on property. Complimentary airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes. Property is about 15 minutes from airport. Several small Cuban restaurants, bakery,and grocery store within walking distance. Not much else in the dinning selections within a 1 mile radius. Nice to be able to walk across the street and get a decent meal. Did not eat in the hotel.
Maybe once the renovations are done I could give the hotel another star. But like the title says not bad even with the construction underway.

2 Thank five8_z
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear five8_z, we would like to say Thank You for your very balanced review of our property and the information provided about the surroundings of the hotel. I am certain that others will find the information valuable when visiting our area.
I am pleased to report that the visible Lobby construction is finished and the pool is getting ready to open again by Monday/Tuesday this week (November 18th). The upper deck is refinished and the pool is repaired and repainted. The lower deck has limited use due to the Fitness Center construction. Construction noise from here on out should be minimal and limited as the major site preparation work will be completed by Tuesday.
Again, we Thank You for your visit and the comments posted and certainly hope to welcome you again in the future. Until then, Bon Voyage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed November 14, 2013

After missing a flight, we came to this hotel, tired and frustrated. We were happy to check into the room and found it very comfortable. We especially LOVED the Temple Spa (?) amenities package with pillow spray and relaxing oils. I wish that were a standard at all Crowne Plaza hotels! If so, I'd be even more insistent to stay at Crowne Plaza hotels!

The restaurant was a disappointment. We were so tired and just wanted to relax. The drink was good, but food was dry and not very tasty. But we didn't complain - too tired to do so - so I am not sure if they would have made amends. Service wasn't great; as I recall, it took some time to get their attention even though the restaurant was empty.

Had a good early-morning shuttle to the airport, which we appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Nancy_SKC, we are pleased to read that some aspects of our operation provided you with rest and relaxation after you missed your flight. I very regret that our restaurant operation could not deliver the same enjoyment. Please contact me as convenient so that I can learn more about the issue and provide you with acceptable solution to this disappointing experience.
We do Thank You for your visit and the constructive feedback provided and would love to get the opportunity again to welcome you back to our hotel.
Until then, many enjoyable and safe travels.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

What's sad is that the free shuttle service is amazing the rooms are clean the beds are comfy the food is delicious BUT the service SUCKED!! I'm paying for all this plus outstanding service. My issue was this. My flight landed in early morning too early for check in but hey I'd thought I try. When I arrived at the Front Desk I was greeted by a Divet? Well I asked her if I could check in and she said with an attitude check in time is after 3pm so no. So no?!?!! What kind of answer is that?? How about if you try to check to make me feel better (I had worked hotels before) and then push me off. Then as I store my bags I walk pass by to the restaurant seeing her jump and down like a little child because she was going home. Did she NOT want to check me? So after I saw that she left I checked back in with a lovely lady and she was able to find me a room! Was there a magical room that appeared? That left such a bad taste in my mouth. I can not stand unprofessional staff. Service also sucked in the restaurant by the way with a young lady with short hair. Honestly next time I rather sleep at the airport terminal because that's how bad the service was here, ruined my stay. Just upsetting!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank alane1987
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear alane1987, concur 100%, this is not the way we should treat any guest and fully understand that this caused you to be upset and left you with a bad taste. I would have had the same reaction. Know that I will personally supervise the corrective action(s) taken. My apology for this unprofessional behaviour, Very disturbed and embarrassed.
I am at your service and would appreciate it to personally assist you whenever you feel that I can be of assistance. Again, I deeply regret this unfortunate experience.
May your future travels be more pleasant and enjoyable.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had the honor of staying that the Crowne Plaza for an early flight. Great location and great staff to assist with any need. This hotel is currently under a renovation with no pool, however, if need they will get you to a neighboring pool to use. The rooms were very large and meet the standard that is Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Josh W, Thank You for your kind feedback. I am pleased to report that our pool should re-open during the week of November 18th with a fully renovated upper pool deck and a newly repainted pool full of sparkling water. The lower pool deck will be finished when the construction of the new Fitness center is completed. This activity should not impact the enjoyment of the pool.
Again, we appreciate your feedback. Wishing you Bon Voyage.
MOBILE
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I thought this property would be a good location because of it.s brand name, but was I wrong!!
After checking in we went to the restaurant, first ones there in line, after waiting two men walked up the employee walked up and told them to follow her. WOW!! I brought this to managements attention no response from management. WOW again!!! After retiring for the evening I was abruptly awakened the next morning by a LOUD hammering machine gun type noise. I reported it to management and was told "sorry, they are working on the pool". WOW this is totally unexceptable!!!! I expected better from this brand name,but when the mang. does,nt care you are in trouble so you might want to think twice before staying at this property,it was,nt good AT ALL>

Room Tip: Get another hotel, it only looks good, service sucks!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LARRY K
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear LARRY K, you are correct, we did not handle your concern as well as we should have. I offer my personal apology for this lapse in judgement and we are attempting to contact you to correct this matter. Past comments should give potential guests of our hotel confidence that we can and do deliver either the expected service or beyond. Again, this was an embarrassing slip up for which we are very sorry.
I am relieved to report that the noise issue affecting LARRY K's stay has passed. The preparation work for our new Fitness Center, to be located on the second floor pool deck, turned out to be louder than expected. We attempted to minimize its effect on our overnight guests but could not avoid some to be inconvenienced. From here on out, until its completion by mid February, major noise should no longer be an issue for our overnight guests. We are looking forward with excitement to add this new feature to our offerings.
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed there for 4 night even though the pool was under renovation it did not disturb us. We enjoyed the wi-fi service, tv channels the free breakfast and the friendly staff. We will certainly choose CP our lay over hotel or ion holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear STuiloma, we would like to Thank You for your extended stay recently. We are pleased to read that your overall stay met your expectations and appreciate the recognition of the service my Business Partners provided you with.
We are looking forward to your future visits and will make every effort to provide you with the expected experience. Until we meet again, Bon Voyage.
Humble, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love the pillows at this Crown Plaza. The king sized bed was so comfortable that I dozed off quickly. The pool shares the lobby area so the whole space is under renovation. The room was clean and the coffee maker worked well. Our courtesy van driver didn't seem to speak any English which was a problem when we needed to be dropped off at the correct airline terminal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jane O, pleased to read that certain aspects of our operation met your expectations during this visit. I wish to report that our pool renovation is making strong progress and we expect to reopen the upper pool deck by the third week of November. Our other major project, the construction of the new Fitness Center is also shows significant progress with the major guest impact issues coming to an end by mid November. The work thereafter should pose little impact to our operation and the enjoyment of our facilities.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. When all is finished it will make our facility complete and modernized.
Wishing you pleasant travels and hope to welcome you in the future when all new facilities are available for enjoyment.