“Great for an early morning flight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Miami Airport

Crowne Plaza Miami Airport
Ranked #28 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great for an early morning flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had the honor of staying that the Crowne Plaza for an early flight. Great location and great staff to assist with any need. This hotel is currently under a renovation with no pool, however, if need they will get you to a neighboring pool to use. The rooms were very large and meet the standard that is Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Josh W, Thank You for your kind feedback. I am pleased to report that our pool should re-open during the week of November 18th with a fully renovated upper pool deck and a newly repainted pool full of sparkling water. The lower pool deck will be finished when the construction of the new Fitness center is completed. This activity should not impact the enjoyment of the pool.
Again, we appreciate your feedback. Wishing you Bon Voyage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
MOBILE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I thought this property would be a good location because of it.s brand name, but was I wrong!!
After checking in we went to the restaurant, first ones there in line, after waiting two men walked up the employee walked up and told them to follow her. WOW!! I brought this to managements attention no response from management. WOW again!!! After retiring for the evening I was abruptly awakened the next morning by a LOUD hammering machine gun type noise. I reported it to management and was told "sorry, they are working on the pool". WOW this is totally unexceptable!!!! I expected better from this brand name,but when the mang. does,nt care you are in trouble so you might want to think twice before staying at this property,it was,nt good AT ALL>

Room Tip: Get another hotel, it only looks good, service sucks!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LARRY K
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear LARRY K, you are correct, we did not handle your concern as well as we should have. I offer my personal apology for this lapse in judgement and we are attempting to contact you to correct this matter. Past comments should give potential guests of our hotel confidence that we can and do deliver either the expected service or beyond. Again, this was an embarrassing slip up for which we are very sorry.
I am relieved to report that the noise issue affecting LARRY K's stay has passed. The preparation work for our new Fitness Center, to be located on the second floor pool deck, turned out to be louder than expected. We attempted to minimize its effect on our overnight guests but could not avoid some to be inconvenienced. From here on out, until its completion by mid February, major noise should no longer be an issue for our overnight guests. We are looking forward with excitement to add this new feature to our offerings.
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed there for 4 night even though the pool was under renovation it did not disturb us. We enjoyed the wi-fi service, tv channels the free breakfast and the friendly staff. We will certainly choose CP our lay over hotel or ion holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear STuiloma, we would like to Thank You for your extended stay recently. We are pleased to read that your overall stay met your expectations and appreciate the recognition of the service my Business Partners provided you with.
We are looking forward to your future visits and will make every effort to provide you with the expected experience. Until we meet again, Bon Voyage.
Humble, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love the pillows at this Crown Plaza. The king sized bed was so comfortable that I dozed off quickly. The pool shares the lobby area so the whole space is under renovation. The room was clean and the coffee maker worked well. Our courtesy van driver didn't seem to speak any English which was a problem when we needed to be dropped off at the correct airline terminal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Jane O, pleased to read that certain aspects of our operation met your expectations during this visit. I wish to report that our pool renovation is making strong progress and we expect to reopen the upper pool deck by the third week of November. Our other major project, the construction of the new Fitness Center is also shows significant progress with the major guest impact issues coming to an end by mid November. The work thereafter should pose little impact to our operation and the enjoyment of our facilities.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. When all is finished it will make our facility complete and modernized.
Wishing you pleasant travels and hope to welcome you in the future when all new facilities are available for enjoyment.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel close to the airport. I usually stay at this property every few months while in Miami for business. The rooms have all been upgraded and contain nice amenities. The bar and restaurant are both kind of pricey. But, that's expected from a hotel. Also, as of a few weeks ago, the pool was being renovated.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shawn Z, Thank You very much for your review and more importantly for your visits and loyalty to our property. Please know that I and my Business Partners are here to ensure that we meet your expectations on a consistent basis. Again, we truly appreciate receiving your business.
Until your next visit, safe and pleasant journeys.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Crown Plaza and they are always a great hotel...EXCEPT this establishment. Arrived last Friday October 25th with a confirmed reservation. No Crown Plaza happy greeting. In fact the lady at the counter was irritated and simple told me that the computers were down and that they could not check me in. I asked when would this problem be resolved as I had been traveling for the whole day and she simply repeated that the computers were down and that I would have to wait.

Unknown to me the Hotel was under construction with a Jack hammer resonating throughout the hotel. I decided right there and then to cancel my reservation and walk down the street to the MARRIOTT where you are greeted how a loyal customer should be.

STAY AWAY

Room Tip: Stay away until someone gets there act together
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Beachfinder66
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear freerain, we are extremely disappointed and embarrassed that we failed to deliver the service we are normally capable of. If there is anything else a can do at this point in time to address our completely unsatisfactory performance, please do not hesitate to contact me. I regret that the only option I have at this point is to offer my apology for the aggravation and inconvenience we have caused you. May your future travels be safe and less stressfulI.
I also wish to apologize to my business partner whom we put in a very stressful situation due to the non functioning computersystem. It made her job to serve our guests very vvery difficult.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this location for two nights in mid-October, and was pleased overall, especially for the price. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and staff was friendly.

However, due to the pool renovation, there was construction one morning that started at 9 AM. The website mentions that it will be closed until October 31, although a sign in the lobby stated that it will open sometime in November. Unfortunately, I did not anticipate this closure to affect me while I was resting.

The next morning, there weren't any construction noises, but two men in an adjacent room started having a conversation at a moderate volume-level while I was asleep, and it sounded as if they were in the room with me!

The AC unit is also quite loud, even on the 'low fan' setting. If you have the setting on 'auto,' the system will kick on intermittently, which woke me up a few times throughout the night.

Also, due to the construction, they had the only pedestrian entrance/exit cordoned off with caution tape. In order to come and go during the evening, I had no choice but to cross over the tape (even though nobody was working at that hour).

If you're a light sleeper, I would not recommend this hotel. Otherwise, it's a good value with great amenities.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear pfeifea, I regret that our current property renovation efforts interfered with your enjoyment of our facility. May I offer my personal service to ensure that a fitting accommodation will be ready for you. Whenever you select to return to our hotel please contact me personally at peter.sahora@ihg.com.
I am glad to announce that by now the major (noisiest) construction phase is behind us and that we progressing towards completion of the facility by early 1st Quarter 2014. The pool facility will be returning into service around November 15th. after a complete make over.
We also have noted your other suggestions and will/have followed up on them. Again, I am very sorry for not providing you with the accommodation desired. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience and discomfort we have caused you.
Wishing you relaxing and safe journeys.