“Dirty”

Ranked #28 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Louisville, Kentucky
“Dirty”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We checked in to the Miami Airport Crowne Plaza before and after our cruise. Upon first arrival, the room had a cigarette odor despite the non-smoking policy. Our room was poolside and other guests smoked directly in front of our room. The air conditioner was noisy and prevented a good sleep. After the cruise, we again checked in to the hotel. The room was filthy. The bathroom had hair in the tub and the floor was sticky. We complained and were given another room. The second room was worse than the first. There was hair in the sheets and also in the bathroom. The floors had not been cleaned and the sheets were filthy and 'used'. We were too tired to complain and move our belongings a third time - but we will Never use this hotel again, despite being long time Prioriity Club members.

Room Tip: Inspect Prefer you chooses another hotel in area such as Marriott Fairfield or Courtyard. Rates are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear tom s, regretfully the only thing that I can offer here is my apology for failing to provide you with the service and product you should be able to receive at our hotel. I am so very sorry for all the inconvenience and discomfort we have caused you.
If at all possible I would appreciate to get some details that would allow us to better research the incident.
Again, I am terribly sorry for disappointing you. Respectfully...............

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Arkansas
Reviewed February 23, 2013

All staff were polite and room was clean. We stayed here prior to a cruise along with a lot of other cruisers. The transfers from the airport and to the cruise terminal were handled well. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors and back of hotel have less traffic noise since the hotel faces a busy main street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SRN
Dear SRN, glad to read that your stay was pleasant and relaxing. Thank You for sharing your comments with us and others. Many pleasant journeys.............
Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

During a trip to Orlando our flights were messed up and we chose to fly into Miami and drive. We booked this hotel based on its reviews and its proximity to the MIA airport. We arrived at midnight and took the shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle was on time and its driver was very helpful. We checked into our room with no hassles and very quickly. We were provided bottles of water and chocolates at check in as a courtesy. After the hard day of travelling this was nice. The rooms were clean, ample sized and very comfortable. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning as it was included. This was a good buffet with a nice selection of foods. We only stayed at this hotel for one night, but would have liked to stay longer. I would stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rob123235
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Rob123235, we are pleased to read that your stay with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Thank You very much for receiving your business and the kind review posted.
May all your future journeys be pleasant and safe................
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel itself is lovely but the staff is completely incompetent and many of them are also completely rude. I made this booking online for 2 people and the hotel added a 3rd person charge. I had to speak with 3 different people to even address this issue and it still does not seem to be resolved. This was for after a cruise so we got there a little early and watched 4 different people check in but the staff would not allow us to check in and knew nothing about renting a car and just were not helpful or accommodating in general. Before our cruise, we stayed at the Sleep Inn and quite honestly, I wish we did on the way back. For half the price, you get double the hospitality and the staff there actually gives good customer service. I will never stay at this hotel or any Crowne Plaza again based on my aggravating experience here!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Dara813, I am a great fan of this Tripadvisor tool as it allows both sides to comment on the issues raised.
Once we received your concern thru our Guest Relations office and could compare it against the reservation information on hand, the actual booking error was immediately corrected and the applicable rate was restored. I regret that this could not be handled as expeditiously as you expected. The rental car comment is a bit surprising as we deal with this issue on a daily basis. However, I apologize that this caused you additional frustration.
May you enjoy safe and enjoyable journeys in the future..........
Palmer Lake, Colorado
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed there two nights as a convenient hotel to the airport for going to and returning from flights. The rooms were nice and quiet and well appointed - very comfortable beds. Pool and workout rooms weren't that great. Pool was smaller than it appears in the photos and cold due to sun going behind the building in mid-afternoon in January and Feb.. Great bar - comfortable and you can order dinner and take it there. Great for chatting with friends. Quality of food was adequate. Nice business center where there are 5 computers and a printer. No place to take a run near the hotel, and just a few restaurants outside in the neighborhood. Overall a good place to stay for late arrivals and early departures.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
DearReidArnold, we appreciate the detailed feedback of your recent stay and Thank You for taking time to write and post it. Know that feedback is a gift for us and a useful tool for others planning tp visit Miami. Again, Thank you for your business and the posting of your review.
May all your journeys be pleasant and safe...........
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This is an older property very close to MIA. The inside is very clean and attractive, and the bed was very comfortable. Internet access is free and fast. The TV was a large flat screen, but there was no HD content available. As a Priority Club Platinum member, I was given the choice of free parking or free full breakfast. There is no executive floor or lounge at this CP as there is at most others. The breakfast itself is quite overpriced at $15.95 for a full buffet. The only hot items included are scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, and sausage.
As this property is very close to the airport, there was sometimes aircraft noise heard. If the winds are coming from the northwest, the planes land directly over this hotel, which is VERY loud, inside or out. Be aware of this possibility if you are sensitive to this noise or a light sleeper. This flight pattern was in place for all afternoon and evening one day of my stay.

Stayed February 2013
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear ajnuff, we are grateful for your visit and the review of our performance. I would like to take the opportunity to respond to a couple of items mentioned in the feedback.
HD content is expected to be available as of April 1st when the necessary infrastructure work is completed. Several of the expected Breakfast dishes normally found on a breakfast buffet are available upon request at a modest additional charge and are freshly prepared by our chefs. We have received very positive feedback on this approach as it allowed us to reduce the price for the buffet and increased the freshness of the product delivered.
As I stated earlier, we truly do appreciate your feedback and all the others posted. Reading a diverse sample of reviews will give future guests a better understanding of what we can offer during their visit and us, the opportunity to learn what our guest like and what we need to revisit.
May your future journeys be enjoyable and safe................
La Grande-Motte, France
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel, and going back there at the end of this month. I like the proximity to the airport and since I usually have an early flight I find this practical. They also have a good shuttle service, room service and good wi fi. However, this time I considered switching because last time I stayed there in January, I was to take the first shuttle to the airport, breakfast was ready, I asked the gentelman at the counter if I could grab something quick like a bagel and he flatly refused saying that I had to wait 8 more mminutes. The problem was the first shuttle was leaving in 8 minutes and I had to take it but that was not his concern. I feel like it is a poor way to treat a customer. I have stayed at the Double Tree Hilton and if it was closer I would have switched, now I am definitely considering the Sofitel for the trip after this one.
I still rate the hotel as very good

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are not over the Air condition system
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear karlexantoine, your past loyalty to our business is very much appreciated and therefore It pains us very much that the last visit failed to meet your expectation and the frustration we caused you. We have made some changes since you shared your concern with us and feel comfortable to state that we corrected your source of concern. I hope that the upcoming visit will be at the expected service level and that we can convince you to continue visiting our hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to introduce myself during your upcoming visit. Wishing you safe journeys...............