Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Brasilia, DF
“NOISE”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Do not go to this hotel if you can´t tolerate NOISE. I stayed for about a week and they gave us the highest floor, as I asked for a quiet room at check in. Unfortunately, what I could hear was excessive noise of sirens, horns and traffic from outside, all day and night long. And to make the experience even worse, they had these terrible LOUD AC units in each room, that sometimes we had to keep turning on and off... Other than that, the room was ok, renovated, as well as the lobby, even though the building is pretty old and ugly from the outside, giving a bad impression upon arrival. Also, they´d better charge for internet than offer a complimentary one so extremely slow. I had to give up using my laptop.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Courtyard Marriott for one day for pre-cruise lodging. The hotel is very very close to the port of Miami and there is an inexpensive shuttle from the hotel to the port . We checked in REALLY late and the front desk staff was more than accommodating as well as quite friendly. Furthermore, the rooms were not only modern decco, they were extremely clean. So far as the noise is concerned, there are some rooms closer to the street, just request a room away from the street level and/or the noise. This hotel is highly recommended not just as pre-cruise lodging but in general. Five star service for a fraction of the price and YES my husband and I received our government discount.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2010

This hotel is in a bad spo in a way. Very close to 95. You could hear so much street noise!! Honking...Honking....Honking...Fire trucks....Fire trucks. The room was OK. It was clean. Bathroom was very small. Staff was very nice. Food was good and price was not bad at all.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
gpresnol, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced with the level of noise from the downtown area during your recent stay. Next time you stay, we would be delighted to place you on a different side of our building in order to reduce the level of noise from out side traffic in the area. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

I would also like to thank you, for your kind words regarding the service you received from our Staff and hope that you will stay with us again next time.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hotel lodging fare practices are questionable. I found out after I checked out that my colleague and other government employees were charged $24 less per night. When I called the hotel to fix the situation, they were very rude, unhelpful and unwilling to find a solution. The hotel was noisy and there was a 12 inch stain on the carpet. It smelled dank and musty. Wouldn't stay at the hotel again if it was the last place on earth.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank maassenl
Thanks for taking the time to inform us of your concerns during your recent stay regarding your billing and housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. I have already addressed the housekeeping issue with the Executive Housekeeper and so far as your billing, if you would like to contact me directly, I will see about taking care of your billing issue personally.

We appreciate you taking the time to write.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was actually attending a conference at Miami Convention Center and while the Hyatt is more convenient it is more $ and I like the Courtyard brand. Everything was as expected. The staff were friendly and helpful in all cases. Francesca, who checked me in, was particularly so. The hotel has recently been renovated so everything looks bright & clean. The view isn't the best though I got a partial view of the cruise ships arriving and leaving port. Wifi (included) in the room was fine, though not fast enough for video streaming!! I found the internet performance on the computers in the Bistro to range from so-so to unresponsive, maybe I was unlucky. I was able to easily print my airline boarding pass using the lobby computer & printer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
gpresnol, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to wirte abourt your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that your stay with us went well. We will be certain to commend Francesca for a job well done. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Alegrete RS
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed at Courtyard for 5 days.I loved the hotel specially the guest laundry that's in the 5th floor there, you can wash your clothes for 1,5 dollars and dry them for 1,5 dollars.And the vending machines that you find in every floor.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AlegreteRSGuga
Thank you, for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Gerg Presnol
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed September 1, 2010

the courtyard downtown is the perfect platform for staying before and after a cruise. the staff is friendly and helpful. the lens cap of my camera fell from the 12th floor balcony , i snapped a photo, in which you can bearly see the spot where it fell, i went to the lobby and a wonderful young man name chris or curt retrieved the cap for me. these are the little things that count.
before after the cruise it was easy to explore miami using the metro mover and train.
i've recommended this hotel to my sister and brother in law they're travelling later this month.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding your recent stay and hope to welcome you again soon.