3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Travelocity$348
Vio.com$348
Algotels$359
1,376 results
All reviews whole foods courtyard marriott within walking distance starbucks coffee miami downtown bayside marketplace nice hotel parking garage cruise port south beach pre cruise stay lobby shuttle cvs brickell uber ship
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2019

We checked in for a night before our cruise. The pool was great and there’s a shuttle to the cruise port for $6 per person, the shuttle runs late so you’re better off booking it an hour before you actually need to be at the port. The area is in waking distance to shopping and food. Those reasons are the only reason for the 2 stars.

When we checked in we asked to use our AAA discount, we were told we could only use it online when booking but there’s no option online to use the discount and the desk rep said he couldn’t apply it. We almost always stay at a Marriott and that was the first time we’ve ever been told that. We checked in and just dropped the bags in the room. We finally got ready for bed around 2am only to find dried blood on the blanket. Called down to the front desk and they came up and took the blanket and gave us two sets of sheets because they were out of blankets. The manager originally wanted to give us a small discount for the blood but after my husband insisted they do more he gave us a little more off.

With all the hotels in the area we definitely won’t be staying at this location again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank AprilBee83
SandiF176, Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2019

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues that you encountered from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

Marriott Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

Parking attendants were very nice and welcoming but that all stopped when we walked in through the front door. The person who checked me in wouldn’t even look at me, I asked him a question about the room and he ignored me, when I insisted he gave me a short answer, no eye contact and proceeded to give me information about the hotel as if he was a robot. When my husband and I came back from dinner and we were getting ready for bed I pulled the covers down on my side and lifted the sheet as well, only to find what I thought was a tag from the sheets at the end of the bed, turned out to be a handwritten note by a guest. I called the front desk and asked for the sheets to be changed and two women showed up, didn’t introduce themselves, just came into the room and said they were there to inspect my complaint. They took sometime to see the note, look through the bed and then asked me what I wanted them to do. My husband was beginning to lose his patience we were very tired and he asked them to change the bed completely. The women said they’d be back and finally appeared a while later with the sheets, not once were they friendly, one seemed to be a security supervisor the other a housekeeper. No one apologized for the inconvenience of the note and my having to ask the sheet change. I thought it would be simple, just come up with a set of sheets and have a bed made in 5 minutes between two people, instead all this took an hour!
After the note in the bed experience I checked the bathroom and it wasn’t that clean, there were long hairs in the shower.
The next day when we checked out the operations manager was there and I told her that we had found a guest’s note in the sheets and her response was that that was unacceptable and apologized but didn’t offer a small courtesy like, bottled water, coffee or a discount for the inconvenience. The other detail is that overnight parking is $45 if you park your car, if the valet parks it it’s $50. When I booked the hotel this fee was left off from the total for the night. I used to live in Miami and worked in the tourism industry and I can tell you, overnight parking at Miami Beach hotels was $18-25, not $50 and this is a bit much to pay, and when you add the note incident well, this hotel failed miserably as far as I’m concerned. I was surprised and disappointed at Marriott’s management standards these days.
I do not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MM1127
SandiF176, Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

Dear MM1127,

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Everyone was very professional and courteous. Rooms were clean and the front desk staff was very helpful. Lots to see and do in a small area. Very convenient location. Area restaurants are plentiful and covers a wide range of tastes. Loved it all!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank G3000CRnancym
SandiF176, Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Good Day, We wanted to thank you for choosing to have stayed with us. We appreciate this amazing review that you have left us. We are glad that our convenient location of being in the heart of Downtown Miami & our spacious rooms were to your liking. We certainly hope that whenever you are back in town we will be seeing you again!!

Reviewed June 9, 2019

This is a great hotel in a great location for getting to Brickell. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. All the front desk staff were happy to help at any time of the day or night and it was great that there was always someone visible so you felt safe when returning to the hotel.
One of our party had some issues with packages - and all the front desk staff were willing to assist throughout our whole stay to try and locate the missing packages. After when I left and noticed charges I didn't recognize on my credit card and called them, the person I spoke with was so helpful and kind on the phone.
The fact they show they genuinely want to help is HUGE and makes all the difference and what sets this hotel apart (Marriott is renowned for this so I am not surprised but just appreciative!)
We had a three person room and on arrival the pull out bed wasn't made up but after calling down 2 housekeepers arrived in 5 minutes to make the bed - they were very pleasant and chatty.
The lobby is bright and spacious, there was an event or conference when we were there and it didn't cause any issues.
The pool area was fantastic - great disabled access to get into the pool which you don't always see, lovely size pool and the chairs were clean and nicely set around
Best thing about this hotel is the location - right around the corner from the main street of shops and pharmacies etc. and a 15 min walk to Brickell City Centre.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Diamond411
SandiF176, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This is a great hotel within walking distance to stores, pharmacies, lots of restaurants and best of all it is within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace. Close to the cruise pier. It is also within a block or two to the train. We fly into FLL and take the train to the closest station and walk the short distance to the hotel. The only downfall is that there is street noise especially if you are in a room closer to the ground. They love their car horns in Miami! There is a pool and fitness center. The entrance was a little confusing for us to find as we were walking as you enter from the parking deck. Overall we will definitely stay again!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa S
SandiF176, Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Good Day,

We wanted to thank you for choosing to have stayed with us. We appreciate this amazing review that you have left us. We are glad that our convenient location of being in the heart of Downtown Miami was to your liking. We certainly hope that whenever you are back in town we will be seeing you again!!