“Very good pre-cruise hotel”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed May 28, 2010

The room was so spacious and cleaned. The Bed was huge and great. They have quinoa shampoo and conditioner in the large bathroom. They can arrange a 5 USD transport to the port of miami. The staff is very nice and helpful. If you need drinks or food at night they have in the lobby and they have a bar, and a starbucks. But you have a lot of places to eat or shopping near this hotel. The metromover is near the hotel and you can go by it or walking to bayside marketplace. We didn't walk around at night, so we can say anything about it. And we bought our dinner and breakfast at wallgreens that is one block from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area

Reviewed May 17, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for one night driving from Orlando to Key West...

Pro's
Carpark is easily accessable directly from the hotel
Beds are comfortable
Quick and simple breakfast area
We were upgraded to a suite, although more about that in the con's below

Con's
I assumed that Miami was one place and wanted to stay on Miami Beach, I then realised that Miami Beach is a different place to Miami Downtown, this was a fault on my part, we went to Miami Beach anyhow and this place was crazy! I liked it : - )
The suite!!!!! we were upgraded to a suite that had a balcony which was 2 feet from a tramline, we decided to stick with the room anyway although it become too noisy when we tryed to sleep and called down to reception who provided us with a quieter suite, I do not know how they manage to sell this room at all!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melow
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Hotel is ok ,new furnitures , tv etc. very clean and large rooms we have two connected rooms. internet is every where. and they have a really good bussines center near bar.
The best thing in hotel is parking. at the park you can go with car to your room floor and easy acces to room, its comfortable for luggages, and park fee is very chip .

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank drleo66
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I stayed here for one week, arriving two days before my work began so that I could have some time to check out Miami. The location of this Courtyard is pretty good, being within easy walking distance of Bayside Marketplace and the Metromover. On the weekends, however, most non-Bayside restaurants in the area are closed.

I asked the hotel staff for a tax-exempt form, and they said I would have to get that from my employer. My employer did not have a form, and I was able to get the form from ANOTHER Courtyard. Staff is friendly and helpful, but not always knowledgeable. Coffee is available in the lobby weekday mornings, but not at the published 5:00 a.m. I went down twice at 6:00 a.m. and no coffee.

Rooms are very clean and well-kept. Housekeeping does a good job. Nice pool and fitness center. No true business center, just a shared desktop and printer. And I hope you don't want to sit down to use it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2010

On April 25 2010 my new husband and i checked in to the hotel. We took our stuff to the room. After flying all day from Illinois we were tired and hungrey, We went down and ask front desk where we could go to get something to eat. After the two at the desk argued of which way for us to go we said never mind we'll find something. After walking around a 3 square block we decided just to go back to hotel. We got showers and went to bed. We were to get on our cruise ship around 8ish the next morning. when we got up and went to get our information that we kept in a 5 star binder we noticed it was gone. someone had came in our room when we were out the night before. They got 700.00 dollars our passports conformation on our rental car and plane tickets. we reported it to front desk. they said no one had entered our room. we were so up set. they wouldnt even call police for us. We finally got a wonderful police officer to help us. She took us to get a emergency passport. We missed one whole day on cruise ship, it cost us 440.00 for a new passport and we had lost our 700.00 we had saved to spend on our honeymoon. all together we feel Marriott owe us 1500.00 for all we lost. we have tried to get them to repay us for what their employees took from us. I warn each and everyone not to stay with this company, their all so heartless and uncaring. If you would like to no more please e-mail me at ----- Very Unhappy Brenda Lycann

• Stayed: April 2010
3  Thank reed-lycan
Reviewed April 27, 2010

This is a great choice in downtown miami. The room was great (2 double beds), great flat tv with lots of channels, super clean and the staff was really friendly. They have in the bar starbucks coffee to buy, and in the morning, even though they don't offer breakfast in the price of your stay, tey have free coffee, which, was actually pretty good. You won't regret going with this hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This visit puts me over 100 nights at the Miami Courtyard Downtown over the last 18 months. From the very first the staff have been terrifically helpful, attending to every need. The rooms are clean, and since the remodel are all "new". Everything's worked, and when it didn't it was promptly attended to. I've had my choice of hotels, and each time I've opted for the Courtyard which is convenient to the Metromover (in the next building) and easy in/out car parking. Downtown walking is fine during the day, although might be iffy after midnight. But I've walked to/from the Bayfront park many times, returning to the hotel after the band there packs up around 11 without issues. Weekends downtown are tough, particularly on Sundays where just about everything is closed. Brickell restaurants are an easy stroll, or Mover ride. Street noise can be bothersome at times. But overall this is definitely a great choice for reasonable hotel in downtown Miami.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business