“Great location - great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #38 of 121 Hotels in Miami
st. louis
“Great location - great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

Went to Miami to celebrate 21st anniversary and we stay at the Courtyard. I was able to use my sister's associate discount so I didn't have to pay alot of money but the hotel was very nice. The location was close enough to the bus line (we caught the bus to South Beach for $4.00 per person-round trip, cheaper than renting a car and paying to park) or you can take metromover. The staff was very nice. I ordered food from the hotel restaurant and the food was very good. They hotel had a business center, fitness center and a nice pool.

If you have kids in college and trying to taking a vacation on a budget, this is a great location to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel! it was awesome, great location in Miami!!! Close to Bayside Market (about 6 blocks) and to the downtown stores. My room was on the 14th floor with an amazing view of the city and the bay!!!, also my bed was very comfortable!! you can spend the whole day in bed!!! The staff was very helpful and friendly, specially Lucila and Chris at the Front Desk and Peter (doorman), and our maid ( I did not remember her name)

We ordered room service and it was very good! The Ropa Vieja was delcicious!!! I had a courtyard club sandwich, it was good but the french fries were reheated...

I definitely will stay in this place again!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Stayed here for one night before a cruise with five kids, including a baby. Something I read said there was a recent rennovation, and this was apparent from the rooms. Everything seemed new and clean in the rooms, although there were signs of the "old" hotel that had merely been covered with paint and that were already dinged and scratched (I noticed this mostly in the entrances to the elevators in the lobby. The room furnishings were typical for a Courtyard, but new. We needed a crib, which was provided (a pack 'n play). I don't know downtown Miami, but I had a sense the hotel may not be in the best part of town, and some of the people coming in and out of the hotel made me wonder what they were up to. Nothing specific there, so maybe I was just having a 'country come to town' reaction to a big city with lots of action. On my floor, the hotel parking garage was accessible directly from a door next to the elevator. I assume the same is true for the other floors that were adjacent to the parking deck. It made me think the hotel wasn't the most secure, since anyone could access the guest floors by entering the parking deck with or without a car. There was a shuttle for $5/person to the port. The hotel was a fine place to stay for a night before a cruise.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Hesitant-Traveler
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

My family of five stayed here for the Christmas weekend. We had a wonderful time at this hotel...the service was exceptional, esp room service, the rooms were very clean, and the staff were all very friendly. However, the breakfast should be included in the price. The location is really convienient since there is a CVS pharmacy a block away, the major shopping street in downtown Miami, Flaglar Street is about 2 blocks away...good for shopping. Also, the Bayside market Place is a short distance away but walkable...my husband and i walked there almost everyday. i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the downtown miami area.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank kaish
Malham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

This Hotel is great for a one night visit prior to going on a cruise, I would not want to stay there for an extended period because of the noise, try and get a high room to the front overlooking the bay.
Wehad a room to the rear overlooking the construction work, but it was weekend so was not a problem, it is not the cheapest place for a beer but there are bars nearby.
All in all a good pre cruise hotel.
Better than the RED ROOF last year, avoid that place like the plague

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Continual noise
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OzYorkshire
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

I booked a last minute one night stay at the Courtyard Miami Downtown two days before a cruise from the Port of Miami. My rate included buffet breakfast and transportation to the Port. When I arrived at the hotel I was upgraded to a one-bdrm suite as I'm a Silver Elite Marriott rewards member. That was very unexpected and definitely appreciated.

The lobby looked like most other Courtyard properties I've stayed in, open and spacious with an eating area at the far end. The internet cafe was to the right of the dining area which included four terminals (free.. always a plus..) but there were some problems with the connections.

My room was nice, a spacious suite with separate living and sleeping areas. The bed was Marriott comfy however I could tell the hotel itself is old, but renovated, as the pipes in my bathroom were LOUD and the airconditioners were also loud. The room had that 'hotel smell' but for one night it was fine.

I ate at the restaurant in the evening and again in the morning and was very pleased with both the food and the service. I caught the shuttle to the Port in the morning and though there was an initial mix up with the time, the staff at the hotel were quite accomodating and called me to let me know the time had changed. As well, when the shuttle came I was at the internet cafe. Someone actually came over to get me to ensure I was not left behind.

All in all, this property reminded me of why I remain a loyal Marriott rewards member. It's not always because of the physical hotel itself as the last few I've stayed in can do with some updating and remodelling. What keeps me loyal is Marriott's service standard which is high and consistent, no matter what property you are in. The Miami Courtyard downtown provided the level of service I have come to expect and appreciate.

• Liked — Laundry room!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank june252000
Reno NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

We arrived at the Courtyard Downtown after a very very long day of flying from Nevada. The lobby was gorgeous! We walked up to the desk to check in. I had booked the hotel through EasyClick.com and they immediately charged my card. However, they failed to make a reservation with the hotel. The lady at the front desk, Cedelia, was wonderful. She said that this had happened with EasyClick a lot. Luckily (due to numerous cancellations from looming Hurricane Ike) she had a room for us. It was a beautiful king room overlooking the pool and downtown. She even gave us complimentary breakfast buffet coupons for the next morning for our trouble checking in. Loved the room! We were too tired at that point to explore downtown or go to Bayside so we ate at the hotel's restaurant. It was good and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet the next morning was also good. Checkout was a a breeze. We caught the shuttle to the Port of Miami at 10:30 the next morning for $5.00 per person which was also reasonable. I will stay again the next time we are in Miami.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendly staff, proximity to Port of Miami
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple