“Very nice hotel in an excellent location; just DON'T stay on the 7th floor !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #36 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Brussels, Belgium
“Very nice hotel in an excellent location; just DON'T stay on the 7th floor !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel, with large, well appointed rooms, in an excellent downtown location. Free wifi and good connection, nice beds, large room. Really a very nice room.
We checked in early, around 11.30, and a room was ready for us on the 7th floor.
When we got there we noticed our room was right across the entrance of the swimming pool and the fitness center AND the elevators.
That was kind of tricky.
The 1st night was OK. All nights after that we were woken up constantly because of slamming doors and obnoxiously loud and shouting people in the hallway. (I can never understand how people seem to think they're all alone in a hotel and talk like they're in the market)
Of course I called reception and all they said they could do was to send security. They didn't even suggest moving us to another room, something I was hoping for.
Maybe we were just unlucky to be staying there for the 4th of July, at the other hand I had the impression the 7th floor was some kind of "special" floor.
One more thing was the service in the breakfast room : not very friendly and terribly slow.

Room Tip: Forget about the 7th floor !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank dezdemona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is probably one of my favorite places to stay whenever I go to Miami. The hotel is basically in the heart of the financial district in the Brickell/Miami River area. Walking distance to the people mover and Bayfront Park. Plenty of choices around for shopping/restaurants however mostly Latin American cuisine. Hotel well kept and rooms are extremely spacious with comfortable beds. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful when answering questions. Area around the hotel has reminders of Miami's grittier past unfortunately, but in my opinion gives it plenty of character and attitude! In the numerous stays however I have not had any issues and honestly feel more than comfortable walking around late, late at night. The best part is good nightlife is within walking distance/cab ride away as well as museums and interesting architectural designs that tend to be hidden away. When staying here, take a moment if possible, and just go exploring...you will be pleasantly rewards.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies, so if looking for one for great vistas you will need to request a suit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patterd7
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel offers excellent value! The rooms are clean and the staff are very professional and attentive. It gives the impression of a very well run hotel. There was a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. One needs to keep in mind that this hotel is not on a par in terms of appearance and amenities with the very high end hotels in the vicinity, but it is also a fraction of the cost! For me I see no need to spend the extra money when I can have such a pleasant experience at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gatorbaitnTal
Glencoe, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

When catching a cruise ship what better place to stay than downtown Miami. The hotel is located just a 10-15 minute walk from the water and offers easy transportation to the piers. Last time I was at the hotel it was under going renovation, it was a complete success. Rooms and service by the staff have only got better and their professionalism makes you feel even more welcome. From check-in staff and housekeeping - thank you for a great stay. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sue H
Bloomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I normally do not write reviews but I could not be any happier with my stay at the Courtyard. The hotel is perfectly located near public transportation and cabs are also conveniently located outside of the hotel. Housekeeping kept my room epecible and were EXTREMELY friendly.

I would like to publicly give a shout out to Giovanni Monsanto who was a ROCKSTAR! From the moment I entered the hotel he was pleasant and informative. He was very knowledgeable of the hot spots and followed up to make sure I was enjoying my trip. I would definitely stay here again & that is mainly because of Gio. I felt like family and really appreciated his kindness. As long as he is there I have no problem leaving NJ for more weekend getaways.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank ASDREW
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We loved the location of the hotel due to its walk ability to bayside & the stadium. Although the pool was being renovated, they had an agreement with a neighboring hotel for pool usage. We didn't actually use the pool but it was nice to have that option. We were impressed by Cassandra, she was able to upgrade our room to one with a balcony for the same price. Although, we were disappointed by the construction of a building across the street. Cassandra gave us great input on what was surrounding the hotel (food/lounges). Overall we enjoyed our time downtown, especially since we normally stay by the beach. The south beach drive wasn't that far either, it was about a 20 min drive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 619miamiluv662
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

You cannot beat the price/quality for this hotel located in the heart of downtown Miami. The rate was great for a major city hotel and the rooms were typical of what you would expect for a courtyard. The bathroom space is a bit small, but otherwise no complaints. The staff was very courteous. The pool was being renovated while we were there and one treadmill at the gym was out of order making it a little bothersome when the fitness room was busy. When booking take into account that parking costs $18 daily and breakfast (for us) was not included. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family