“Great location!”

Ranked #43 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Jersey City, NJ USA
“Great location!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here with friends for a weekend in March. We booked it on a reward stay primarily due to the great location (within walking distance to restaurants and pubs). The hotel itself is just outside of the Brickell area (easy ~15 min walk to a large number of bars and nightclubs). However, if you don't want to walk that far, there's bars and restaurants within a 2 block radius as well.

The rooms are standard Courtyard rooms - large, clean, and recently re-done. Small bathroom but large living quarters. The gym was small but adequate and had a number of treadmills, ellipticals, and free weights.

From here ,the airport is about a 15 min drive. Similarly, South Beach is also approx 15 mins. It's a fairly central location and I wouldn't hesitate staying here again if my travels brought me to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean spacey! There is a great pool and gym. The area does not seem dangerous at all to me. We were walking around last night at 2am and there was barely a soul in sight. I didn't not feel uncomfortable at all. The staff is great and very attentive. They ask a lot how the stay is going and if anything is needed. The Bistro downstairs is delicious. You can order anything on the menu all day! It is a very convenient location. About a 7-10 minute walk to Bayside where there is great music, food, shopping and entertainment. The Metro Mover is located directly next door and South Beach is a short and cheap cab ride away! I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Great price. If I don't stay at a friends place the next time I come I'll def stay here! The only reason I give it four stars is because of the price of snacks and drinks in the lobby. It is a little over $6.00 just for some Fiji water! Other then that its a great place!

• Stayed June 2013
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, May 22, 2014

We truly appreciate your positive feedback.

We constantly strive to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations, and we are very pleased to learn we were able to provide that level of service to you.

Hillside, New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Downtown Miami. I stayed for Haitian Flag day. We were close enough to all the events, restaurants, South Beach, Little Haiti, Nightclubs, etc. Parking situation was great. William, night auditor, was excellent. He even found Krazy Glue for us. I had a wonderful stay!!!

The room was spacious.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2014

First, it was not easy finding actual entrance to hotel. Drove by it first time thinking it was parking garage. Which it turned out it actually was. There are, I think, 2 spaces reserved for people registering with hotel where you can park for 15 minutes then decide if you are parking there or somewhere else. Anyway not a good start.

The desk staff were friendly and efficient. This was true of all employees who we ran into or asked for service. The issue with the hotel is it is kind of worn. Both things like elevators and room furniture. Bathrooms while clean have old equipment.

Overall place is dated.

One other piece of good news. The night we were there the weather was thunder, lightening and extremely heavy rain. So we decided to eat at the 'Bistro' on lobby floor. While the menu was limited the food we had was very good for what it was. And again the staff there were pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience, and your comments have been shared with our team members accordingly. We will definitely look at what changes need to made in order to provide the best experience possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 8, 2014

So, I booked this with my travel points and confirmed all close to date of travel. I received an email from the Courtyard Miami Downtown welcoming me and asking if I had any special wishes before I arrived which was nice. I arrived and got checked in. When I had a call from Marriott Rewards Points saying I did not have enough points to cover my lodging for the second night it was quite frustrating that this had been confirmed multiple times prior to my arrival. But the Courtyard Miami Downtown worked with me to get it straightened out. The staff went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied with the stay, the even delivered a thank you note for lodging and some treats with it. I have never had another courtyard do such things. So, I was definitely impressed because it was not their mistake re what happened. Even though their pool was out of order they negotiated with nearby Hyatt and JW for pool use. So, I was overall pleased with my stay, the cleanliness and responsiveness of the staff and my experience in Miami. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, May 19, 2014

New York, US
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here twice in April for business. Although the hotel amenities were average the staff was excellent. Service at check in, restaurant, bar and check out was exceptional. It reminded of the service one gets accustomed to in Southeast Asia. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Miami. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool - it is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

No surprise on this Courtyard. Located in a corner of relatively busy streets. Brekfast is a bit on the down side, and the restaurant room not that nice. Pool is OK, rooms are clean. Price is adequate for what it is, an average hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!