“Hotel Staff is an A and the hotel is a B-.”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Hotel Staff is an A and the hotel is a B-.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The parking garage is located in the hotel complex and cost 18 dollars if you self park. You should self park any way because you can drive your car to the floor that you are staying on to drop your luggage off to your room as the parking garage on every floor has a direct entry to the hotel with your room key (very convenient). The room I had was nice and clean and the furniture that was up to date and had a nice flat screen TV with cable, however it is time to change the carpet. There was an IPOD docking station alarm clock in the room with USB ports to charge all your gadgets. The location is good if you are doing something downtown and about a 10 minute walk to AA Arena or the Bayside Mall. This location is really great if you are doing the Miami Marathon like many of the people in the hotel were. The staff that I dealt with at the hotel was very nice and informative (all of them). They even opened there little Bistro at 3 AM for all the runners that morning. I have read allot of complaints on the WIFI of this hotel, my son was on his IPOD the entire time we were in the room so I’m guessing it was working great. Check out was quick and getting on to I-95 from the hotel takes only a couple of minutes which was great. This is also an ideal hotel for a quick stay prior to a cruise, the port is very close. The only reason I give this hotel a B- is because of the high rate (even discounted) but that is not the hotels fault that is just Miami overpriced.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your positive feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here just before a cruise. Good location, friendly staff, and nice restaurant. Look for Fernando at the front desk! Enjoyed the above ground metro that takes you around different parts of the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marc514
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel, and with Fernando specifically.

We constantly strive to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations, and we are very pleased to learn we were able to provide that level of service to you. We will commend Fernando on a job well done.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Carmel, Indiana, USA
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We chose this hotel for our 8 day stay because of the free wifi, flat screen TV & location. The location is great, close to everything we needed & the free people mover which is fantastic-just around the corner. Our room, 1429, was beautiful & spacious. We had asked for a higher floor room on an end because we are light sleepers & received our requested location, which was perfect. The bed was extremely comfortable, the roominess was fantastic having a one bedroom executive suite where the bedroom was in a separate room, very sound-proof. When the TV was on in the living room, i could not hear it while in the bedroom with the door closed, nice. Free safe inside room convenient. They advertise free wifi & it is free however it won't work on a consistant basis while inside your room. You are constantly kicked out or cannot log on at all. Because of the length of time we were to be here, we needed to be able to clear & check e-mail on a regular basis. When we called the manager about the problem, they were aware of it & were working on it. Their only suggestion was to come to the lobby where the signal was better - not a good thing. We also have an apple TV connector that allows us to connect to Netflix etc. This didn't work either, on either TV, the living or bedroom. Because of the wifi constantly kicking us out, on my service plan, it caused me to reach close to my maximum after only 3 days use! Not a good thing because if I continue, it costs me more $$. Courtyard shouldn't advertise what they cannot provide. There is a Starbucks in the building which is very nice BUT don't try to use your Starbucks card because they say they cannot accept it - had to charge to your room or pay cash - not good. The closet in the bedroom is very small & the doors stick. There is counter space in the living room which is very nice. There is a sink but it has no stopper & no paper towels to clean up after yourself, both of which would be helpful. The microwave didn't work when we first checked in but after we checked the electrical outlets & hit reset on the wall, we were fine. In the meantime, we had called for assistance & even though I found the problem & cancelled the maintenance call before he arrived, he came anyway, their maintenance service was fast. The microwave seems very wobbly so if you are heating coffee or anything hot, don't touch it until you open the door for fear of tipping it. The bathroom fan wouldn't shut completely off so we kept the door closed to silence it. With the room being so large, the bathroom counter space is very limited. The shelves below the sink provide extra needed space. The sign in the bathroom asks you to save energy, water, etc. & to do so hang your towels up so the cleaning staff will know you wish to use them again. We did so but they were completely changed out anyway. You shouldn't put signs in the room if the cleaning staff doesn't follow the instructions. The front desk personnel was extremely professional, friendly & helpful! We loved visiting with them & taking their suggestions for restaurants, hearing about the downtown expansion etc. Overall, this would be a fantastic trip if the little things were tightened up, especially the wifi which is so critical to everything today.

Room Tip: One bedroom King executive suites are very roomy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DDDFJD
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience, and your comments have been shared with our team members accordingly. We will definitely look at what changes need to made in order to provide the best experience possible.

We would like to thank you again for your great feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Been to Miami before I didn't like staying on occasion drive (food restaurant are very expensive on occasion drive). So this time I decide to stay downtown Miami. It was the best decision, 15 minutes drive to Miami beach which is perfect and and 20 minutes to the mall. Food are more cheaper around here, however be sure to get food before 10 o'clock as all shops and restaurant closes after that.
Our room was great, pool area was quiet, the breakfast in the hotel was fantastic and for parking was brilliant (in and out whenever you want).
I am taking my partner to Miami this year(for her birthday in August) and I will be staying here again.
If you are planning to go Miami and you just want a relax place to stay,I fully recommend staying at Courtyard Miami Downtown hotel.
The staff was brilliant.

Room Tip: Trying to stay on the seventh floor where the pool and gym are.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your positive feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Baltimore, md
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The service is horrible! I stayed here for business and they charged both me and my roommate for the same room. When I asked what happened, he said that I should have received confirmation -- it was not on the confirmation to charge twice. The drain in our tub was clogged and I would take a shower in standing water. They are not helpful with directions. However, the beds are comfortable and the place is conveniently located near a grocery store and the light rail.

• Stayed January 2014
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. We are truly disappointed that we could not meet your expectations

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here as I was working in the office block next door. The parking valet were not helptul to start off - but the check in staff were very nice - they recommend we go to the bay for dinner - the Brickell market place would have been a better option. as would a recommendation for Trueloves which is just up the road. The room was good - nice and clean - the tv did not work when I got to the room but was fixed after about 30 minutes after I called down twice. Even then some of the channels said no signal even thought they were in the guidebook as being available. The pool area was nice however, On the last day the elevator juddered and stopped when someone came in - we got the door open by pressing random buttons - and caught another one down to check out. The VPN to my company email did not work - it was blocked by the hotel firewall ( it worked fine in the Courtyard in FLL on the next leg of my trip so something was not right at this hotel) On the whole an average hotel downtown - nothing too bad but nothing too good either but convenient for work which is what I needed.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor -
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

We do take every guest’s comment very seriously and we really appreciate the great feedback you have provided. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience, and we will definitely look at what changes need to made in order to provide the best experience possible.

We would like to thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here for work. Work paid for everything, including flight. United airline had no problems with the credit card. When I got to the hotel, the staff said that they couldn't accept the credit card without some sort of faxed verification. The work day was done. I asked why they couldn't accept the card. They said it was for security reasons. So, United, Pittsburgh airport, and the TSA were more than okay with work paying for my flight, but some downtown hotel wasn't??? I couldn't even get into the room for the night without some sort of credit card. The only thing I got from them was basically, I'm sorry sir, but we don't care. No credit card, no room. Didn't matter that the room was reserved and paid for with a credit card online by work. I felt like some number rather than a valued customer. I had to give them a personal credit card, which didn't have enough on it to cover the amount, but that was accepted. Marriott put me in a personal bind because they didn't care enough about me to wait a night so that we could straighten things out in the morning. I felt like not one of them cared about me at all. It was stick to the mantra or out into the rain with me.

When I finally got to the room, the tv didn't work. They sent someone up to fix it. The TV has been on and off working three times in one day. That night, the shower was cold. Tonight the shower was cold. I gave up talking to the people who work here because, while they smile and are pleasant, they toe the corporate line and don't go out of their way to make allowances.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all. Go somewhere else where they will treat you like a person.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business