“Friendly and helpful staff”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #40 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were 12, arriving late after a long day at the airport from Orlando to Miami. The stewardess was very kind and helpful, speaking differents languages. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast was not so good but I prefered Orlando's breakfast at Best western inn Orlando International. After 8 days in cruiser, it was very wonderful to have a rest in miami. Metromover was near and free. Bayside was at 10 mn. Dolphin mall at 40 mn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It has some differencial facilities, like USB chargers on the side of the beds, frigobar, swimming pool and gym.
The staff was very helpful and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The location is really nice, near from the main things you've got to know in Miami Downtown.

Room Tip: Ask before for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beamaro
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Me, my wife and some friends stayed here on August 16 pre-cruise, I can honestly say that this was a great hotel. Soon as you walked in it felt very warm and it was very clean. It has a fish tank in the lounge which adds to the ambiance of the hotel. I approached the counter and told the clerk that we were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and she gave us some free drink coupons as a little token, not what I expected but the gesture was good. We had a Executive Suite on the 10th floor which was awesome. Our price included free breakfast, our booth had a flat screen TV in it which was awesome. Never seen that before. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying in Miami or who is staying overnight for a cruise. The location was good too just a walk from every store and a short walk to Bay side Marketplace.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SweetT1976
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We are delighted that you stayed with us on your 1st year Anniversary. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you.

We are extremelly happy to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the restaurants and attractions in the area.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next trip to Miami.

Peggy Jimenez

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My company opened an office in Miami recently, and I am required to be there once a month. I decided to give Marriott a try the last time around and can say that it's now my hotel of choice.

Arriving late after a long day at the airport with flight endless flight delays, check in went quickly and smoothly. The girl who assisted me was extremely helpful with finding late night dining options for me, even running around finding menus for area restaurants that deliver. The hotel has little to offer for dining.

The room was immaculate. The bed was comfortable. Although my window overlooked a huge construction site that worked all through the night under giant lights, I didn't hear any of it.

I joined their rewards program before arriving and was gifted some AA miles for the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChiPhiPie
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your trip.

Peggy Jimenez
Director of Sales

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is in the city center which is walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.. The Metromover is just few blocks away.. The room is nice, spacious and clean. Breakfast was not so good, it was better in other inns or hotels with cheaper price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for you.

I have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage department and they have assured me that they will look at offering some other options in the Bistro..

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel close to Bayside, this one can be a nice choose. Service, in general, very nice. But they have a diary with continental breakfast??? No. Impossible to be this. Many hostels have much betters breakfasts. I would prefer they don't offer it.

• Stayed: August 2013
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Gustavo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the area.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the continental breakfast that was included in your rate. This is what our travel partners selected, however I would like to point out that we have the Bistro that offers a variety of breakfast options for a minimal fee.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Friendly welcome, reasonable prices, modern decor with good secure car parking. Roof top swimming pool was closed for refurbishment when we visited but we were offered use of another hotel pool nearby. Rooms were lovely, clean and modern. Restaurant/bar offered a good range of meals at reasonable prices. We had an evening meal and breakfast. Both were delicious. Hotel gym was also well equipped.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the restaurants and attractions in the area.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the renovation our our Pool, we are creating a South Florida Oasis on the 7th floor so that you may enjoy it during your next stay with us

At Your Service,