“Great Pre-Cruise Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Parker, CO
“Great Pre-Cruise Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here in January for 1 night pre-cruise and it was a wonderful stay. I was greeted immediately and check-in was easdy. The room was clean and spacious. There was a big window that faced the water, but we overlooked buildings in the construction phase. The location was perfect, Bayside is walkable, a CVS on the next block, a liquor store close by and even a Marshalls!

The lobby is small, but has a nice sitting area. The staff were very nice and helpful.

The ride to the dock was about $12. WATCH the cabbies, because ours had the meter running as he was loading luggage and he certainly took his time driving. He also came with a friend/wife in the front seat, which took space away from us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank afcj1
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was great with your accommodations and location of the hotel. I can assure you that we take great pride in having our guest feel at home when staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you should the opportunity arise again.

At Your Service,

Peggy Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for five nights recently in February. I found the staff unfailingly helpful and friendly during this time. The rooms and bed were comfortable; during the stay I had both a king suite and a king room at different times, both of which were clean and of decent size. Bathroom was a a decent size, with good water pressure, although the toilets are set at an angle, which I found slightly odd. Decor was slightly dated, however there were no other problems with the room. Wifi was available for free throughout the hotel, but usually was somewhat slow.

The major downside of the hotel was a lack of breakfast and dinner options, there was no buffet or table service available, but there was food for purchase at a coffee stand. Fortunately, there was an Au Bon Pain next door. Also, there are some nearby restaurants and bars for dining in the evening.

Overall, I would give the hotel 3.75 stars and would consider staying here again if in Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was great with your accommodations and location of the hotel. I can assure you that we take great pride in having our guest feel at home when staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you should the opportunity arise.

At Your Service,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked into this hotel for one night, pre-cruise. We arrived at 3pm and were given a room on the 14th floor, with a king-sized bed. There was a sign on the door to the balcony warning patrons that the balcony was off-limits because of on-going construction. There was actual on-going construction in the next room, with someone using an electric jack-hammer on the adjoining wall. The floor safe also did not work. The young man at the desk was very helpful and politely gave us another room, this on the 4th floor. Not a king, but two doubles. That was OK, but the awful odor in the room was not: it smelled as if someone had vomited on the carpet and an unsuccessful attempt had been made to clean it using copious amounts of Javex. So, back down to the front desk. Again, no problem changing to a third room, this time on the third floor; facing a construction site across the street. The thick window actually did a good job of muting most of the noise. The earplugs that we always bring with us blocked out the rest of the noise. Only a faint, musty-moldy odor in this room, so we took it (only staying one night, after all). Will not be coming back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank migresch
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We do our best to keep the hotel well maintained and clean for our guest. Please accept my apologies for letting you down. We’ve found the majority of our guests have really enjoyed our sleeping rooms. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami you give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Thank you for your feedback.

Peggy JImenez
Director of Sales & Marketing
nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

our family decided to stay at this hotel before our cruise. One of the things we required when we were booking was a breakfast. when researching the courtyard marriott downtown maimi, their website indicated that they have a breakfast buffet.
This morning we arrived downstairs for breakfast and we were told they switched their restaurant about 3 months ago but they never updated their website. They now have a bistro style restaurant where you order from a small menu. the food was not bad but when you expect one thing and receive another, it is very dissapointing.

The other thing I don't like about this hotel is the layout of their bathroom. the door opens out into the bedroom. it swings out wide and is a tight squeeze . the bathroom sink is small and right next to the towel holder. so when I was washing your hands, I hit my shoulder on the towel holder several times.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very helpful. I can't say I would stay at this hotel again, but I cannot complain about the staff. they were very accommodating and that is a reason why I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback I am so sorry to hear that there was some mis understanding with regards to breakfast. The hotel converted to the Bistro Concept 2 1/2 years ago. We did offer breakfast to our guest during our exterior renovation during the months of June to mid December 2012. Once our renovations were completed we did not offer this amenity.

Please accept my apologies for letting you down. . We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect. Once again Thank you for your feedback.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel boasts of a recent upgrade but the upgrade does not go beyond the lobby. The rooms are very old, with an air conditioner built into the wall. The beds are old and lumpy along with the furnishings in the room. Rooms are not as clean as they should be. Lots of dust on the lamps. It is an ok location, but the hotel is not the best. I was stuck by a protruding nail out of the carpeted floor. The hotel would not accomodate my request to move to another room. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank wadhamsu
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We do our best to keep the hotel well maintained and clean for our guest. Please accept my apologies for letting you down. We’ve found the majority of our guests have really enjoyed our sleeping rooms. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect. Thank you for your feedback.

Warm regards,

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise and stayed here the night before. Service was great. Room was great. Bar/resteraunt was awesome, ate dinner and breakfast there. It was also affordable. They also have a shuttle to the ships. I believe it was $12 per person but a cab would be more than that. Be sure to sign up for the shuttle and get the card to make sure to get the earliest time. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was smooth sailing during your sta at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown. I hope you enjoyed your cruise with the family and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Peggy JImenez
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My mom and I visited Miami this weekend. We stayed on the 10th floor. The hotel is in an excellent location, only 4 blocks from Bayside Marketplace, 5 blocks from American Airlines Arena. There are multiple restaurants and pharmacies near the hotel. The shops on Flager St have good stuff at very good prices. You can walk three blocks from the hotel (Byscane Blvd) and take the S bus to South Beach. The hotel front desk personnel is a bit rude and not very helpful. Their attitude can be improved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was great with your accommodations and location of the hotel. I wan't to advise that we are definatley dissapointed that you did not feel welcome by our staff, I can assure you that we take great pride in having our guest feel at home. We will take this opportunity to address your concerns with our staff. Please give us the oppotunity to welcome you once again to the Courtyard Marriott Miami Downtown on your next trip to Miami to experience a friendly and welcoming staff!

Warm Regards,