New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 124 Hotels in Miami
UK
“ok for a night before a cruise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

A pretty typical Courtyard by Marriott. conveniently situated for the downtown area of Miami. Excellent and courteous check-in. We had booked a suite which was on the 9th floor. As there was a lot of noise from other room doors banging at least we had the cushion of a lounge between the bedroom and our door.
The breakfast bar (run by starbucks) could be described as adequate.
Generally ok, but i think we might pick an alternative hotel on our next Miami visit.

Room Tip: if you want a quieter night - maybe book a suite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Was in Miami for the Orange Bowl and I used rewards points to stay at this hotel. Location was perfect for driving around the area and I appreciated the free happy hour and breakfast while the hotel is under renovation. However, the hotel just lacked the attention to detail that you expect from a Marriott property.
Pool was dirty and cold. Hotel had no beer to purchase on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Room smelled like a dirty sock. The door from our floor (third) to the parking garage would not close properly, thus giving access to anyone not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PRA75
washington, dc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

OK for a night. Very close to convention center. Not much of a view on the back side. Parking is $15. The internet was crawling on the night we were there (wifi was working, but there was a bottleneck somewhere as it affected different devices equally). Good sized pool, but no view. Decent value from a discount site.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We really liked staying there..good location...very good room, massive size..nice view..just shame breakfast not included..staff helpful..very nice experience..
the area is very nice everything is just there..we just did not like Miami very much and we would advice you to visit the Keys and the Bahamas ;)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlcenITA
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went with my mother after booking throug Despegar.com. They gave us a bedroom with a kingsize bed for they said they didin't habe a double one as I had already booked and payed for.We stayed for we were pretty tired. The rooms are spacious and good. Bathrooms good also. At the front desk nobody cares about you. No recommendations, no help. Its restaurant has a good service but they serve onle some fast food . Don´t expect a good restaurant. Service here very good.
When we left I talked to the luggage boy Rudy for some items I had ordered online had not arrived yet. I told him i was going to look for them 5 days later. What a surprise when I came back they told me several times nothing had arrived. After talking to some manager, nobody kind, they realised they had kept them under my second name and thats why in a very bad mood ?i even was a little afraid¡ they gave my 4 packages back. I could not believe I was in a Marriot Hotel!!!!!!!!!II felt discriminated for being 2 women. We received very bad tratment in a very loud voice from these BIG GUYS I toldall this to another that had been kind before and pretended not to be listening too, and he said . Well madam , what can I do, theyre my friends.
I would certainly return there with my husbund or son!!!!!!!!! The location is very good for business and Shopping

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
St. Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read the reviews and as my husband being a Marriott Rewards Gold member we booked this place with a free night certificate we had before heading out to the port for our cruise the following day.

While the resort is going through some remodeling it did not interfere with our stay. However, the beds were very uncomfortable and old...my husband regularly stays in Courtyards and he said the beds were terrible compared to the other Courtyards he frequents for business. The service is also lacking. We had to call three separate times to get a crib delivered to our room which made us have to delay putting down our very tired tot. Being a gold member you think they would of gotten right on it, I can only imagine how they treat their regular guests! I'd skip this one...you can do better I am sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah E
Asbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel wasn't bad for a one night stay before departing for a cruise but I wouldn't recommend it as part of a long term stay or vacation. The lobby is very nice however the "renovated" rooms still leave much to be desired. Staff was very nice and helpful and the free breakfast buffet was also a nice treat since we were woken up by the construction crew at 7 am!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple