“Not bad”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 1, 2013

OK for a night. Very close to convention center. Not much of a view on the back side. Parking is $15. The internet was crawling on the night we were there (wifi was working, but there was a bottleneck somewhere as it affected different devices equally). Good sized pool, but no view. Decent value from a discount site.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We really liked staying there..good location...very good room, massive size..nice view..just shame breakfast not included..staff helpful..very nice experience..
the area is very nice everything is just there..we just did not like Miami very much and we would advice you to visit the Keys and the Bahamas ;)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlcenITA
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went with my mother after booking throug Despegar.com. They gave us a bedroom with a kingsize bed for they said they didin't habe a double one as I had already booked and payed for.We stayed for we were pretty tired. The rooms are spacious and good. Bathrooms good also. At the front desk nobody cares about you. No recommendations, no help. Its restaurant has a good service but they serve onle some fast food . Don´t expect a good restaurant. Service here very good.
When we left I talked to the luggage boy Rudy for some items I had ordered online had not arrived yet. I told him i was going to look for them 5 days later. What a surprise when I came back they told me several times nothing had arrived. After talking to some manager, nobody kind, they realised they had kept them under my second name and thats why in a very bad mood ?i even was a little afraid¡ they gave my 4 packages back. I could not believe I was in a Marriot Hotel!!!!!!!!!II felt discriminated for being 2 women. We received very bad tratment in a very loud voice from these BIG GUYS I toldall this to another that had been kind before and pretended not to be listening too, and he said . Well madam , what can I do, theyre my friends.
I would certainly return there with my husbund or son!!!!!!!!! The location is very good for business and Shopping

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read the reviews and as my husband being a Marriott Rewards Gold member we booked this place with a free night certificate we had before heading out to the port for our cruise the following day.

While the resort is going through some remodeling it did not interfere with our stay. However, the beds were very uncomfortable and old...my husband regularly stays in Courtyards and he said the beds were terrible compared to the other Courtyards he frequents for business. The service is also lacking. We had to call three separate times to get a crib delivered to our room which made us have to delay putting down our very tired tot. Being a gold member you think they would of gotten right on it, I can only imagine how they treat their regular guests! I'd skip this one...you can do better I am sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel wasn't bad for a one night stay before departing for a cruise but I wouldn't recommend it as part of a long term stay or vacation. The lobby is very nice however the "renovated" rooms still leave much to be desired. Staff was very nice and helpful and the free breakfast buffet was also a nice treat since we were woken up by the construction crew at 7 am!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for the night before my cruise from the Miami ports. The hotel is currently being renovated. The rooms are slightly below average (at least the one I stayed in), but clean. The common areas are great, including the pool. The location was great (about $20 cab from MIA airport and $10 cab to miami ports). There were plenty of nearby restaurants/lounges within walking distance...and the staff was super helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here the night before a cruise. All was what you would you would expect from a Marriott product; good sized room, comfy bed, and friendly staff. As they are under some construction, they offered us complimentary breakfast, which was nice.

Check-in however, wasn't overly smooth. I booked my room thru the United website using miles that apparently now expire. When I walked up to reception to check in, I was asked for a voucher. I never got a voucher, nor was I ever told that I would need a voucher. The man working the desk, asked if I had an email or anything, and fortunately I did. Although it was pretty busy and there were a number of guests checking in, he told me I'd have to go to the business center and print that email for him. He told me that the accounting department needed this for reconciliation. What if I didn't have that email? How did that reservation make it into the system, I obviously wasn't making it up. Having worked at a hotel, a Courtyard actually many many years ago, I would never have had a guest go out of their way to go print something so that accounting has the paper work they want, especially while other guests were waiting to check in. He could have reached out to United on his own, and got whatever info he need for his accounting department without including the guest in this process.

As I mentioned before, I has happy, if not impressed with the size, cleanliness, and comfort of the room, #812. All that doesn't mean much though when you can't sleep. This room had a very noisy A/C unit that kept me and my wife up all night. It didn't become apparent until after we shut the tv off after 1:00am, and we figured it was too late for us to switch rooms. We did notify the front desk the following morning and also filled out the comment card in the room pointing this out.

Even with these concerns, and after renovations are complete, I am pretty sure that I would stay here again, especially if cruising out of Miami. The location is great, and they offer a shuttle for $5/pp to the cruise port.

Room Tip: Turn the A/C on before going to sleep and make sure its not super noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends