“Great deal for downtown Miami”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #44 of 122 Hotels in Miami
West New York, New Jersey
“Great deal for downtown Miami”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is convenient and a great deal if you're looking to stay in downtown Miami and/or have a car to get to South Beach. The lobby is modern with a huge fishtank. The customer service was excellent - at check-in, happy hour, and breakfast. I requested a high floor but was unavailable due to renovations, and the drab view outside my balcony was not the best. However, the hotel offered many things to make my stay very comfortable: my choice of any item (complimentary) at the Market, free hot breakfast buffet with a variety of foods, (free) unlimited beer and wine during a two-hour happy hour, and a surprise assortment of complimentary snacks delivered to my room after happy hour. I didn't expect any of this! Despite renovations, I didn't hear any construction, but unfortunately I did have an unappealing view of contractor materials outside the balcony. The parking was only $15 per night with in-and-out access - which is a steal in downtown Miami. I booked online at Marriott and got a great last minute deal for a Saturday night, especially considering the freebies. I would definitely stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: If you have a car, the hotel is connected to the parking deck. Guest floors correspond with parking...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank elroy201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel is a small downtown property. The lobby is very nice, has a small store, free newspapers (both USA Today and The Wallstreet Journal), a giant fish tank, and a large dining area which also included three computers and printers. Breakfast was free while I was there due to renovations (which I never heard or saw) and was a very nice spread. The buffet was served until 11:00 so vacationers didn't have to get up early. Parking is ONLY $15 a day in an attached garage with direct access to the hotel on floors 2 - 6. I say only $15 because this is truly a bargain in the downtown area. My room was a king on the seventh floor. It was very modern and clean and the bathroom was well equipped with supplies. I did have a very small balcony that overlooked the top floor of the parking garage but the door did open for fresh air (most hotels have sealed their balcony doors). If TV is important to you, this hotel is a bad choice. Minimal stations are available, you do get HBO but without a picture, and some stations have video and no audio. Bring a book to read and the problem doesn't exist. Guest laundry on the fifth floor is very clean and inexpensive. Every employee at this property was excellent. They understand customer service and are the nicest most pleasant people I have ever met. For a place to stay with reasonable prices, this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank AAL530
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We are now staying in this hotel. One of the rooms they gave us is small, noisy, dark & smells smoke even if we asked for a non smoking room. We could't have both rooms on the same floor...

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

14 family members stayed here for two nights prior to cruising with Carnival. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Due to ongoing renovations there were a few perks (free breakfast in the morning and beer/ wine in the evening). The front desk was helpful providing tips and information about the local area and getting around. We were able to get transport to South Beach for only $5 per person each way, and they picked us back up as soon as we called. Though we wanted a beachfront hotel originally, this locale was a very good deal for the money. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alison R
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Marriott?? MarriNOT!! AC unit in room was so loud I couldn't sleep! Clanked on all through the night - more like a Flea Bag Hotel unit!! Seriously?? In a Marriott? Are you kidding?

Staff was friendly and fish tank was amazing. Should have slept in it.

• Stayed August 2011
Poestenkill, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a one night's stay booked pre-cruise. We arrived early and were cheerfully given our room, told that due to renovations our breakfast next morning was complimentary and there was free beer and wine during happy hour. What a great deal! The room was super comfortable, clean and quiet. The only thing lacking was a mini-refrigerator. We never did hear nor see any renovations, but the perks were appreciated.
I went to the happy hour for a few drinks and the bartenders were friendly and quick. The Miami Heat had just won the NBA championships and the I was warned that the roads leading to the port would be closed at the time I wanted to leave to embark the ship due to the victory parade. The bartender offered me his i-Phone to look at the parade routes and times to re-configure my (short) trip to the port.
Next morning, after a huge hot breakfast buffet, I was very nervous that our shuttle would not get us to the port before the road closures, so I asked a young lady at the front desk to hail me a cab. The roads were very congested and the cab was not arriving, so she litterally went to the street to get me the cab. Super service. We made it to the port a few minutes prior to the road closures.
All in all a great stay. I would definitely recommend due not only to the location and amenities, but the service - even without the free perks, it was a great pre-cruise stay.

Room Tip: Try the Peruvian chicken place across the street. Inexpensive and really good food.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jsays1
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in a suite before we left on a cruise out of Port of Miami. Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a suite since we are rewards members and they had made a minor error with our reservation. The gentleman who checked us in also gave us free drinks and a wonderful recommendation for a place to order pizza from (Mamma Lucia's), which was awesome! Free breakfast was also given to us because of some construction going on somewhere in the hotel, which we didn't see. Overall, the staff here are some of the most kind and professional people we've ever encountered while staying in Miami, they really do roll out the red carpet for their guests and we highly recommend this hotel to anyone who may be leaving on a cruise, due to the close proximity to the port. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple