“Very Satisfied”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 18, 2012

14 family members stayed here for two nights prior to cruising with Carnival. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Due to ongoing renovations there were a few perks (free breakfast in the morning and beer/ wine in the evening). The front desk was helpful providing tips and information about the local area and getting around. We were able to get transport to South Beach for only $5 per person each way, and they picked us back up as soon as we called. Though we wanted a beachfront hotel originally, this locale was a very good deal for the money. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison R
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Marriott?? MarriNOT!! AC unit in room was so loud I couldn't sleep! Clanked on all through the night - more like a Flea Bag Hotel unit!! Seriously?? In a Marriott? Are you kidding?

Staff was friendly and fish tank was amazing. Should have slept in it.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a one night's stay booked pre-cruise. We arrived early and were cheerfully given our room, told that due to renovations our breakfast next morning was complimentary and there was free beer and wine during happy hour. What a great deal! The room was super comfortable, clean and quiet. The only thing lacking was a mini-refrigerator. We never did hear nor see any renovations, but the perks were appreciated.
I went to the happy hour for a few drinks and the bartenders were friendly and quick. The Miami Heat had just won the NBA championships and the I was warned that the roads leading to the port would be closed at the time I wanted to leave to embark the ship due to the victory parade. The bartender offered me his i-Phone to look at the parade routes and times to re-configure my (short) trip to the port.
Next morning, after a huge hot breakfast buffet, I was very nervous that our shuttle would not get us to the port before the road closures, so I asked a young lady at the front desk to hail me a cab. The roads were very congested and the cab was not arriving, so she litterally went to the street to get me the cab. Super service. We made it to the port a few minutes prior to the road closures.
All in all a great stay. I would definitely recommend due not only to the location and amenities, but the service - even without the free perks, it was a great pre-cruise stay.

Room Tip: Try the Peruvian chicken place across the street. Inexpensive and really good food.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jsays1
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in a suite before we left on a cruise out of Port of Miami. Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a suite since we are rewards members and they had made a minor error with our reservation. The gentleman who checked us in also gave us free drinks and a wonderful recommendation for a place to order pizza from (Mamma Lucia's), which was awesome! Free breakfast was also given to us because of some construction going on somewhere in the hotel, which we didn't see. Overall, the staff here are some of the most kind and professional people we've ever encountered while staying in Miami, they really do roll out the red carpet for their guests and we highly recommend this hotel to anyone who may be leaving on a cruise, due to the close proximity to the port. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsC052208
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Good service in a place that it is typical Marriot Courtyard style. Good and nice staff at front desk and bar. Happy hours from 5 -7 PM. Decent breakfast, which I get as complimentary due to supposed noisy work being done (I didn't realize). Neighbour parking that can be charged at hotel check. Good Choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alvaro V
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I arrived off an extremely early morning flight and didn't expect a room to be available, which it wasn't, but the girl at the front desk graciously invited me to partake in the full breakfast buffet (for free!) before I had even checked in, making sure to clear it with the dining room staff. This is not a sloppy, chintzy Continental -- this is a full, decked out breakfast; the only thing missing was an omelet bar. Apparently this Courtyard offers such a breakfast as part of the stay in somewhat of an apologist's move for the renovations occurring in other parts of the property.

Back in the lobby, the front desk girl continually checked with housekeeping to see when my double room would be available (there would have been King rooms available upon my early arrival, but I had 2 more companions en route). At 10am she and also the gracious manager eagerly checked me into a room that had been freshly cleaned.

While the bathroom could have been given a little more of a deep clean (i.e. the grout and the wall tiling), the room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately the room faced a busy intersection and construction site with an annoying soundtrack of honking horns (Miami drivers seem to have a penchant for incessant and unnecessary horn honking).

During the evening, front desk staff called me to make sure everything was to my liking. I don't think this has ever happened to me in the history of staying at hotels. Wow! 30 minutes later, an attendant brought up a box of warm cookies. I assume this treatment was due to my being a Marriott Rewards member, but this was completely unexpected and welcome.

I partook of the fitness center on the 5th floor located next to the pool. It's small, but serviceable, and more importantly, clean. For dinner, I was unfortunately napping during the complimentary happy hour (free wine and beer), so I headed on over to the Peruvian chicken takeout place across the street. The following morning, more complimentary breakfast. They serve Starbucks coffee and use fine silverware and dishes. This is way more than expected for my $94 AAA rate.

The property is in Downtown, so it's a little rougher around the edges, and a walk is (sort of) doable to the Bayside Marketplace Mall. If you're leaving on a cruise the following day, arrange with guest services the $5 (per person) private shuttle to the Port.

Room Tip: Avoid the bayside-facing hotels where the traffic and honking horns are facing.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank KaliAlli
Reviewed June 17, 2012

quite big hotel. have an outside pool which is nice and has enough loungers. have also a gym. beds were quite comfortable, due to the location directly in downtown it can get quite loud since the roads are close to the hotel and many cars pass by. there is a cvs and a starbucks around the corner and bayside marketplace with shops and lots of restaurants is in walking distance. you can also take the bus around the corner to go to miami beach. they have at least 3 pcs with internet access, and also a printer. there is a small starbucks also inside the hotel. breakfast was complimentary since they had construction work going on (i did not hear anything of it) which i thought was nice. variety was ok for that it was free of charge. if you want to stay in downtown i would definately recommend this hotel if you don`t want to have something fancy. staff at front desk was also very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family