Wishes Motel
HolidayInn.com
$110
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$138
$126
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$169
$127
Marriott Hotels
$179
$159
  • Breakfast included
$122
$119
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$89
$259
Mandarin Oriental
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Wishes Motel (aka Villa Cortez Motel) at 4700 SW 8th St. in Miami has a requirement now that you make a $50 key deposit when you check in. It was made on my debit card and I returned it the day I checked out and got a credit slip. After 2 weeks have passed since I checked out, I called the motel several times and got several different answers, finally leading up to; "you have to go to your bank, because we made the credit transaction." It's not our problem if the money doesn't show up in your bank account.

I have better things to do with my time than go to my bank and start a charge dispute, although I have been forced to.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank mgbok
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Most disgusting place I have ever stepped foot into. The so called "front desk/office" was a glass room with an automatic lock with signs saying "no prostitution". Upon arrival we asked to see the room first and were told no room viewing and no refunds. I walked out of the office area to keep my cool temperally and then I saw the black, moldy swimming pool. There was some form of "lady" running up and down the exposed hallway banging on doors and windows. We ended up leaving after I told the desk worker that we were not going to pay for the scum hole. She ripped up all of our paperwork and started screaming in something other than English. We are now fighting the bill to get rid of the charges for this scum hole that we would never stay in if it was the last building on earth. You will most likely be killed if you stay in this "little Havana"!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AMYCLE
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Under no circumstancs should anyone stay here. I didn't even know places still rented rooms by the hour. My wife and I picked up a business partner at the airport and took her to this hotel which she had booked on her own. The "lobby " is a glass booth in the parking lot. The lobby is the nicest part. The room was down a dingy corridor next to an alley strewn with trash and debris. Upon opening the door to the room I thought we were on set from CSI Miami. bare floors, broken countertop, the toilet sat in a cove large enough to turn around in and sit down. The jacuzzi tub was brown with mold and crud, the drain stopper was missing and the shower head dripped endlessly. there was a gap large enough to put your fingers through between the window and the wall frame. She asked for a different room and was told they were sold out, but she could use a shower in a dirty room until housekeeping cleaned her room the next day. She asked for a refund and was told no refunds under any circumstances. My wife and I took her to our hotel and she stayed on the couch. Stay away at all costs. This place should be torn down and replaced with a vacant lot.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank wildraisin
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Upon arrival at this hotel, we found that the parking was on the street in a very unsavoury neighbourhood.
I entered what passes for the reception area to be met with a sign which read "No prostitution or illegal activities"
The reception was dirty and in poor condition. The person behind the counter did not end his conversation with his "lady" friend.
We did not even look at the room as we felt totally unsafe there.
Do not go!!!!!!!
I would not recomment this hotel to an enemy never mind a friend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cken55
Reviewed January 21, 2010

this place is a scam. DO NOT STAY HERE. the manager demanded i pay in cash, and we were looking for cheap place to stay for 2 nights while we were apt hunting, so we werent' expecting anything fancy.. but this place was not suitable for humans, unless you are a drug addict or prostitute DO NOT STAY HERE. after i gave the cash to the manager he informed me that there is no key for the lock on the door and the locksmith was coming 'in a few hours' to change it. i stupidly believed him, and decided to come back ina few hours after the locksmith came. came back late-- still no lock on door. i demanded room w/ door tht lockd and had a key
i felt like i was in a horror movie. the furniture was falling apart, the drawers of the dresser didnt' open, and the one that did was hollow.. no bottom. cigarette burns all over the furniture AND pillows. bathroom was disgusting. manager told my bf tht people steal the keys all the time nd that' why they are constantly chnging them. i couldnt sleep there knowing that some crackhead could unlock my door at any moment. my car alarm went off twice and the manager pretended he didnt see anything. we left in the middle of the night, couldnt sleep there.. was too afraid for my safety. refused to give us refund for the 2nd night---we had to leave at 3am and drive around to find another hotel. the whole experience was a nightmare and somewhat traumatizing. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO SMOKE CRACK/SHOOT UP/OR [--] A HOOKER. dont believe the pics on their website. they are old and/or fake

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple