“In need of Updating”

Ranked #77 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Vancouver, Canada
“In need of Updating”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Full marks for access, no need to go out of the Terminal Building. After each stay we say the same thing, if it was not so convenient we would not stay at the Miami Airport Hotel. We reserved the King bed, which is past its prime. Entire place could use updating, the staff could attempt to smile. Last time we stay here.

Room Tip: In all the rooms we have stayed in never heard any airport noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wayne M
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Wayne M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am happy to share that our hotel is currently under renovation and will soon be displaying a new modern look.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

A great place to stay with early flights out of the country. Quiet, clean,
and convenient. Felt that the price per night was inflated for the
convenience. Did not have time to enjoy food or drink establishes at this
property. Comfortable for early morning flights. Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank oursidewalk
Dear oursidewalk,

Thank you for your feedback as well as your business. We are glad to know that your stay was practical and convenient.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Once again, thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Full marks for convenience and clearly because of this they fail to address other areas -
RUDE STAFF the staff need serious training/retraining - front desk sullen to the point of being rude. A business man came up to say that the internet code had expired and he was rebuffed with 'that is all we have" rudely, without a minimum attempt to help him.
Other staff on floors walk past sullen and unhappy without a minimum greeting of 'hello' to guests. To the Manager is this the best you can do in terms of hiring?
The Concierge sullen and unhelpful and understaffed - you will be lucky IF they answer their phone.
NOISE -not from planes but each time someone next door uses the toilet the flushing is loud. As for if the have a shower - it is even louder. Walls paper thin and space under door so big that you can hear everything going on in the hallway. Goodbye good nights rest.
Rooms decent size but in serious need of upgrading the carpets, furniture, aircon systems.
bathrooms small but clean.
OVERPOWERING SMELL OF CLEANING PRODUCTS - the sheets or blankets smell as if they had been soaked in chlorine.
FREE WIFI???We were told is free wifi with code - which works if you are in lobby but not to the rooms.

Like I said convenient but I wish a quality chain had this property and brought it up to the standard that us paying customers expect. We paid in excess of 300 USD for one night - 2 in the room!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Not in a position to comment as it was the first stay and unless we have no choice would not return
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 2013itiswhatitis
Dear 2013itiswhatitis,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. Please know that I have shared your feedback with both my Front Desk manager and Housekeeping manager.

We hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Once again, thank you

hikeusaf
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Check-in was fast, but what was missing during check-in was any sort of warm welcome. Most hotels I choose at least ask if I've stayed there before and if I'm familiar with the amenities and features of the hotel. That did not happen here.
Their website mentions that breakfast is included for stays booked through the website. There was no mention of this during check-in or at any other point.
Internet was not functioning during my stay, but this was not a huge problem since I was only there a short time.
The hallways leading to the rooms (at least on the third floor where I stayed) looked like they had seen better days. They were worn, a little dirty, and with scuff marks along the walls. A room service tray that was left out the night I checked in was still in the hallway the next morning when I left.
The room and bedding were comfortable, and I had no issues except with the soundproofing. It worked well in terms of blocking out airport noise; however the hallways were VERY noisy, and I often heard doors slamming from other rooms. Unfortunately this woke me up much earlier than I had wished.
Check out was efficient, but again, there was no warmth. I was not even asked if I enjoyed my stay.
I would probably stay at the hotel again if I had a short overnight layover, but I would think a good hotel would want their draw to not just be they have a captive audience with their proximity to the airport. With a few minor tweaks, I think this hotel could be really good. I'm sure they stay fully booked most of the time, so it would be easy to leave things they way they are, but they did seem generally interested in soliticing feedback (which I provided) and even acknowledged my input with a nice response. They are currently undergoing rennovations and stated they are making other changes as well. Time will tell.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hikeusaf
Dear hikeusaf,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction, with you, we did not meet our goal, and for that, we truly apologize.

Please know that we are working hard and taking notes on all guest feedback. Our hotel is currently under renovation, we will soon be displaying a brand-new image to compliment all new amenities we have upgraded in our rooms.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for an early flight. It is conveniently located and a reasonable rate but.......Like other reviews said the door had to be slammed in order to get it closed. The room could use some updating but at least the bathroom was acceptable. If we had to do it again would consider a close hotel with shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Quesig
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Quesig,

Thank you for choosing the Miami international airport hotel. We appreciate you feedback as well as your business.

I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping manager; Thank you for letting us know about the issues you encountered as it will help us to correct them.

I truly hope you can give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

You're probably only staying here for one reason: international travel. This hotel is conveniently located in the airport. The room was ok but could use a little updating (paint, furniture, bathtub, etc). A number of people in my group had problems with keys not working. Our door had to be slammed to close which I'm sure the neighbors didn't appreciate. There's a restaurant and bar in the hotel. I would stay here again if I was traveling out of MIA.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank NCtravelz
Dear NCtravelz,

Thank you for your feedback as well as your business. We are happy to know that you found our hotel to be convenient for your recent stay with us.

I am happy to share that our hotel is currently under renovation, we truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you and to experience the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked two Queen bedded rooms and based on the photographs on line assumed that the standard of the rooms would be reasonably modern The bed was exceptionally comfortable- somewhat disappointed. Rooms smelt of smoke or they need an alternative cleaning products. Our rooms did not match those on line in that they were very dated, and the bathrooms worn and old fashioned. The beds were though comfortable and our party slept well so what is the problem? Well value for money to be true. had the picture's been a true representation of the rooms we were allocated then great location, great sound proofing and the restaurant upstairs adequate and sensibly priced. There are refurbishment works underway and again perhaps that should have been highlighted.

Room Tip: Demand a refurbished room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jezhall
Dear Jezhall,

Thank you for feedback as well as your business. We apologize if we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay at the Miami international airport hotel.

Are hotel is under renovation and we will soon be displaying a new and refreshing look.

Harve Rosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#46 of 122 in Miami
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!