“Only if you have to...”

Ranked #79 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Vancouver, Canada
“Only if you have to...”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Here's what's good about this hotel: It's right inside the airport terminal.

The rest — not so great. Nothing BAD per se, just very underwhelmed.

There's almost no signage, so you're likely to miss it. And I mean NO signage, at least from the street level.

I needed a day-rate room for a few hours to kill time, and the clerk at first didn't understand what I meant (language barrier). The rate was $98 but she brought it down to $75 without me asking because they were testing the fire system later. This is a pretty fair rate.

The room is about as basic as it can get and not particularly relaxing. But the shutters (yes, shutters) do block out light well. The door was broken and the only way to get it to close securely was to slam it with all your force, probably waking up guests staying miles away. As well, the door lock only worked one out of about five times. If I hadn't tried a number of times, I'd have had to go back down to the lobby.

The "sushi bar" in the lobby bar didn't exist. And the "lobby bar" itself was literally a little kiosk sticking out into the terminal itself. Food menu was dirty and very basic and, although the chicken had some gristle and fat, it was cooked reasonably well. I mean, how bad can you mess up chicken fingers?

I literally couldn't find this lobby bar because it was so tiny so I asked the concierge, who couldn't seem to care to give me the time of day. "Where is your lobby bar?" He grunted "Here" without pointing or anything. I still didn't understand so he pointed to it and rolled his eyes at me. Classy.

Checkout was painless, though the staff didn't seem to be able to answer a basic airport question "Which terminal does Air Canada fly out of?"

All in all, it was okay for its purpose — a dark, quiet room and a clean bed. If I were staying overnight, I'd pick somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Tod M,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

In addition, I would like to apologize for the way you were treated by our concierge, I have made our front desk manager aware of issue and she will make sure all staff is aware. This is not an indicative of how we treat our guest, our number one goal is to have superior guest service, and we have failed to provide that service to you and for that, I apologize.

I have also made our food and beverage director aware of your issue while dining at our lobby bar. I am happy to share that I along our food and beverage manager are currently working on new and improved menus for our lobby bar.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Lemoore, California
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel due to overnight connection to Punta Cana, D.R. Small rooms, cozy and nice Hotel bar not too much to say about. Courteous staff, did not use the restaurant on the top floor but breakfast was fine. Would stay again since the wait for courtesy vans to other airport hotels would mean we would have to tote our luggage much further.

Dear LDOEMO,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly hope to see you again on your next stop the Miami International Airport.

California
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Gorgeous hotel. Lobby was hopping with music and many people. Our room was on the 9th floor with an amazing view of the bay. We used this hotel for our night before our cruise. It was exciting to see our ship the following day. The room was huge. Comfortable bed. Staff very friendly. I would visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Close the Bayside Markerplace
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lbfluffy,

Thank you for your comment, unfortunately our hotel is not the hotel you stayed.

seattle, washington
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were on an early flight so chose to stay in airport hotel. Rooms were clean and pillows were fine. The lobby was under construction. The wake up call never came. The restaurant was so understaffed the poor guy waiting on us about fainted when 10 of us showed up.

Room Tip: They are all the same, good luck. Be sure to set your IPhone alarm!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Renee B
Dear Renee B,

We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. Due to the hotel being under renovation, we are experiencing glitches with our telephone system, I can guarantee you that we are continuously working on this issue.

I truly hope we see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Once again, thank you.

Wiltshire UK
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had a stopover between connecting flights so the hotel on the roof of the terminal seemed like a good idea rather than my usual base just along the road.

It was OK, but if it had not been for the convenience of being to walk out into the concourse I might have regretted my choice. Problems with the room keys and access to the internet spoilt this brief stop.

Would I use it again? Possibly, but possibly not. It wasn't really worth the cost.

Room Tip: Try not to stay too near the elevators because of the level of movement at all hours.
Dear BerkshireJohn,

Thank you for your feedback as well as your business. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

Our hotel is currently under renovation and we hope that you give another opportunity on your next stop to the Miami International Airport to be of service to you and to experience the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Wichita
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I loved the convenience of the hotel, which is located in Concourse E inside the airport, since my flight arrived very late at night. Such a relief to not have to take transportation. I also appreciated the availability of a SINGLE room at a lower rate than double. The room was advertised as "sound proof". I did not hear any airplanes between midnight and 6 a.m., but people started banging doors before 6 a.m. The complimentary breakfast was appreciated and the service was fast, but unfortunately the coffee was terrible and the creamer was artificial. I hope this hotel remains in business at this location. It is so very convenient, and the price was reasonable. I will be staying there often.

Room Tip: Book the room through the hotel's website in order to get the "single" room, if that i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear katweaves,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

We hope to see again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Thank you.

Tijeras, New Mexico
Reviewed November 27, 2013

First time ever that I asked for a wake up call and it never came. almost missed my flight. Nice bar across the way. good choice if you have a late arrival in Miami.and an early morning flight
don't trust the hotel to wake you up.

Room Tip: do not be looking for nice views
Dear nmwoody,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. We are saddened to learn that your stay was not a pleasant or satisfying stay.

In regards to your wakeup call issue, I have addressed issue with our telephone service company, unfortunately due to hotel’s renovation we have been experiencing glitches with the system, please know that we are working rapidly to fix this issue. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Thank you.

Harve Rosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#45 of 122 in Miami
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!