“Very Poor”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #80 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed April 20, 2013

If like us, you need a easy, clean place to stay after a long flight into Miami, Then choose somewhere else.
The Hotel is outdated and not very clean. The staff look like they have not had a day off for a year or more, so first impressions, not good.
We had booked direct online and were told that breakfast was included. Surprise surprise in the morning " sorry your not down for breakfast, as we upgraded your room" If my room was an upgrade then heaven help the people who got our original room. "But we did not ask for one" no answer, The end result being that we had to walk around the airport at 6.30 am looking for breakfast, brilliant. As for the staff looking into it to resolve the problem, dream on.
Unless you have no choice stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kchippy
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear kchippy,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I appreciate your feedback as well as your business. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

I hope you can give us another opportunity to experience the many changes the hotel will be going through soon.

Once again, thank you.

There are newer reviews for Miami International Airport Hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here as we arrived late in Miami and needed to be up early to catch a flight. I am not sure they really cared if we stayed or not. The check in line was very long with one person working who kept disappearing. I saw another staff member in the lobby and asked if he could find someone to help with the check in process. He informed me he was on break. He did go to help shortly after that. Okay...the rooms...filthy, filthy and filthy. Hair in the bathroom and bed. Had we not been so exhausted...well, you get it.
Room temperature was too hot or too cold.
Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FROMOMAHANEBRASKA

Dear FROMOMAHANEBRASKA,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport hotel. Your feedback as well as your business is appreciated. I will address all issues accordingly with all my housekeeping manager and front desk manager.

Once again, thank you and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

In airport terminal, so no need to bother with hotel shuttle busses/taxis. Windows shuttered and/or curtained so as to block view of brick wall - but that's of no importance to a lay-over or day room. Clean but dated.
Hotel staff mixed attitude - from very helpful and pleasant to down right 'I can't be bothered'.
Restaurant at top of hotel is VERY expensive, but plenty of food outlets within terminal.

Room Tip: Very handy for a lay-over without leaving the airport!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear GPratt2563,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel is in need up upgrades.. So you definitely get what you pay for. Room was marginal.. door loocks were funny, shower and toilet leaked. So iron hair dryer was broken.. Bed wasa reasonably comfortable.. No coffee in the room. I will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites next time in Miami

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jo Maine

Dear Jo Maine,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the appalling experience you encountered while staying with us. I have made my housekeeping manager aware of the missing and nonworking amenities in your room, my sincere apologies; I will make sure that this does not happen again.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughter and I chose to spend a layover night at this hotel, thinking we would save time staying in the airport. Think again! It was a 30 minute walk to the hotel, for which there were no signs anywhere in the terminal. It was as if the airport didn't want us to find this hotel.

The rooms were extremely small, even for one adult and one child. Don't think about putting more than 2 people in the room and hope you pack on the light side! On the plus side, the restaurant on the top floor had excellent food and good service for breakfast. They even comped our breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Adventure_Addict,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. I apologize for the lack on signage; we are working very close to the airport and its signage department to expand the hotel’s signage throughout the entire airport.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was going to give 3 stars before sleep, and went down to 2.
Not hotels fault, but the layout of the terminal is kahrazy. So I finally find check in, tripple checking Im in the right space - I am. Wait 15 minutes in line for check in. Go through this weird decor of reflective polished steel, find my door - and I already know what to expect inside. It is old. It's used alot for its location and the owner has taken some repairs. Except, whoever they hired didn't do a great job. I could see all the Spackle marks, the shower/bathroom needs total renovation. When it tells you in the add that you get a spa like bathroom, you can ask them to take down that poster (2nd floor).
And yes, you expect an airport hotel to have some noise. But come on, its called insulation. I heard all pm takeoffs. I heard a mom give a bath to her child in the neighboring room. And they were giggling and loudly happy until I flushed my toilet. I think they heard it.
Scheduled wake up cal happened 10 minutes early. But that OK because my other neighbors alarm had me up at 5am. I thought, awe, they got an early flight, they better get up. But they aren't turning off the alarm. Guess what - an empty room next to me, with a 5am alarm that doesn't automatically shut off. When I was leaving around 6, it was still going off.
Stay there for convenience and bring earplugs and zzzquil. <sigh>

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Galina M

Dear Galina M,
Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guest leave happy and satisfied, we failed to do so with you.

Although you have said that you will not visit our hotel again, I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you. The hotel will soon be going through a major renovation and I hope you can come back to experience the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean, spacious and comfortable room. No airport noise and comfortable beds enabled a great nights sleep. Only booked this hotel as couldn't face shuttles ect to offsite hotel as had to return to airport next day, but would not hesitate to stay again. Fastest check in/out we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear rachelinBristol,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Harve Rosenthal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#44 of 124 in Miami
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!