“Overnight Stay”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #80 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great hotel if going to Fort Lauderdale port for a cruise. Stayed one night after going through the Miami customs which only took 1.5hrs long enough though. Queen size beds and so comfortable which is nice. Restaurant upstairs good with great view of planes taking off and landing, great downstairs snack bar which was great value and tasty. Swimming pool would have been nice but no great fuss there, so if you have had a bad flight and a long wait at customs just walk through Concorde E and stay at the Mia International hotel, I will if going onwards to a port or further afield. Just cannot see why all the moans, we were a party of 6 and we all liked it, no noise apart from people just getting up in the morning which is normal.

Room Tip: A comfortable bed and a good meal, quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Zak1Colchester,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am glad that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal

Write a ReviewReviews (2,728)

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Lets e honest! You would really only stay at this property for two reasons (1) you have an extremely early flight and this is the most cost efficient option or (2) you have no other choice as the rest of the Miami area hotels are full. We fell in category 2 (and a little of 1) this past weekend as Miami hosted a major music event as well as the world championship baseball series. So this hotel was the cheapest and really only one available noting we had a 6am flight the next morning. Warning: we booked a single room but when arrived was told we should have booked a double room as we were 2 and the bed could only hold 1!!!! Yes, don't ask. But the room was Smelly with cigarette and stink. Again not impressive stay but only choose if your only or last option.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Cas M,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the room you were given while staying with us, I have addressed this issue with my housekeeping manager. I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Arrived after a long flight from Heathrow on 17th March, landed at 19.00. took about an hour to get through immigration as a bit of a "go slow" on. Was so looking forward to walking down the concourse and straight into the hotel and into a comfy beds. Gets to concourse E only to be met by yellow police tape straight across the walkway to the entrance. There was a security scare. We weren't allowed to enter the hotel for two and half hours. When the yellow tape was removed everyone ran to reception as the queue was so long. It took a while until any staff appeared. Now it was nearly 11.00p.m and we are really tired. I know it wasn't the hotels fault, but an apology would be nice. I think they would have made gains if they had offered a complementary breakfast. Then we had to queue for the lift, as such a crowd had gathered, it was very late by the time we reached our room. The bed was comfortable, though I think I could have slept on a plank of wood. The water was hot, large flat screen TV, the room it was an Ok size, not small at all, as other reviews have indicated. Would I stay here again? maybe if it was a cheap bargain, other wise no. The hotel is a bit dated, and furnishings are tired. But combined with the fed up receptionist (not as fed up as us) who could have easily turned a miserable situation around, no brownie points there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear HampshireJudy,
Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered upon your arrival. I would also like to apologize for my employees not being able to apologize for what was going on at the time of your check-in. I have addressed this issue with my front desk manager.

I sincerely hope you give another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location right in the airport making this hotel VERY convienient. Unfortunalely its a 2 star hotel with a 5 star price. $200 per night for a $70 room...........Talk about paying for location!!!!!!! WOW We had the fantastic room with the pillar in the middle making it difficult to move around. Original yes but not a plus. The room needed more attention in terms of housekeeping as well. The bathroom was so small it prepared me for the lavatory on the airplane the next day, again not a plus.
I took the time to privately relate my experience to Harv, the fellow who respondes to T.A. He gave me the standard apology email which just didn't float my boat. Thanks Harv but since everyone posts the same concerns week after week why don't you just DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!! Problem solved.
The hotel could take advantage of its location and really be a premium place but instead it takes advantage of its location to take advantage of its customers wallets.
Next time I am through Miami I will give you a call Harv (as you suggested) and give you a chance to make it right.
I do appreciate that you took the time to respond to my email to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and a room with a real window and not a dirty porthole.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Lawrence S,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, we hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Once again, I apologize.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Service was good, room satisfactory. Why you book this hotel is for the location, do not expect anything more. The Hotel definitely requires some painting and upgrading. What you pay for is location, location, location. Room was clean and bed comfortable.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear thomas2009,

I am delightful to know that your stay was convenient and practical. We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me start off saying that maybe it was only because my flight got cancelled that they stuck us in this hotel at the airport. Maybe they have grand hotel rooms for paying people. Maybe they only have one floor of rooms designated prison cells for those unfortunate souls stuck in Miami due to mechanical failure but the rooms were tiny, no windows and felt like a prison cell... little tiny bed stuffed against a wall with a TV on the end of it.
I suppose it was clean but I did ask for a normal room that did not feel primitive and was denied. We got vouchers for dinner and breakfast and that helped with a couple glasses of vino to drown the taste of dissatisfaction

Room Tip: Look to another property unless you're stranded.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DonSpencer

Dear DonSpencer,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Once again, thank you

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Location is the only positive of this hotel. Yes you can't beat the hotel location right in the terminal. However, given how spread out the Miami airport is, beware, it may still be a 10 min + walk to your airline from the hotel (possibly further if you are in a different terminal). Like I said, location is the only positive. The lobby is acceptable as was the check in experience. However, like others have indicated, once you step into hallways off the elevator you see what this hotel is all about. Cleanliness is certainly not up to standard. The carpets appear dirty and I worried about crawling in between the sheets....I agree with the previous itch comment. The view - none. We tried 2 rooms, one with 1 small window mostly blocked by a huge pipe. The second room had 2 windows mostly blocked and overlooking a roof. Definitely no view. The restaurant proclaims to have views of the runway - very limited and the restaurant also doesn't feel clean though service was friendly. My comment to my husband: I wonder if this is what prison feels like? Next time I will try the Sheraton - though off site the proximity is there and likely no longer to get to your gate.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear jlr2012_12,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. The hotel will be going through renovation soon and we would like you to give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you

Harve Rosenthal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
1 mi away
Regency Hotel Miami
#43 of 128 in Miami
1 mi away
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!