“Perfect location for next day flight.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #76 of 120 Hotels in Miami
lewisburg, pa
“Perfect location for next day flight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

You can't get any closer to the airport than this. $175/night was a bit pricey for a sleepover, but it did make travel easy the next day. No rushing to the airport when you're already there! You may find a better rate by booking ahead. I had a flight cancelled and needed a room. Not the Ritz, but okay. Front desk was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ramblinman,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. Your feedback and business are highly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Finnish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Actually have been sitting outside in the fresh air since we have arrived. Dropped our bags in the room and have not been back in since. The lobby is okay but once you step off the elevator to get to your room there is wall to wall nasty carpet of which the smell makes me ill. After 5 minutes in our room I started itching all over. If I could get a refund and book elsewhere I certainly would. At this point I would rather sleep in my car. Everything needs completely ripped out and renovated!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear tcofra,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, I have made my housekeeping manager aware of the situation. I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Port orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very expensive to stay there....but worth it, because we didn't have to get up early for a 9:50 flight. Room was ok. A brick wall was the view and a pillar in the room made getting out of one side of the bed difficult but it seemed clean and it was quiet. A voucher for breakfast was given. We checked our bags in the morning at American Airlines which was very close, then went to breakfast, then got our carry on bags from our room. If we had an early flight out of the Miami airport again, we would stay there. Very convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda H

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am delighted to hear that your experience was practical and convenient.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ok, so if you're staying in an airport hotel you're not expecting 5 star luxury and the best hotel you've ever experienced. But seriously, this place is so tired it's virtually narcoleptic.
Stepping out of the lift (elevator for our American cousins) you are faced with an endless beige corridor of doors. Nothing welcoming at all. The room? Small and functional. If only the walls were made from the same noise blocking glass as the windows, didn;t hear a single plane all night, just every word said by anyone in a 3 room radius.
It did a job for a late night arriving/early departing schedule, but seriously next time I'll pay the return cab fair to go in to town and get a decent meal and night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear UKDivetype,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport hotel, we appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Green Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

First and Foremost, the Front Desk was pleasant and accommodating!. We stayed two Saturdays this trip. On the first Saturday of our layover to Brazil we got a nice quiet room. So we requested the same room for the following week. TA-Dah we had it waiting for us at 9pm when we arrived back from Brazil.

The main hotel was cleaner too!

Some construction signs so that leads me to believe updates are happening.

The rooms need renovating yet. The carpeting is too old to clean and needs to be pulled I would replace with hard surface flooring like in the bathrooms. Easier to clean and does not retain smoke from travelers who do not obey the 100% non smoking rule.

Had to laugh ... The shower head is a huge pan head design. Not conducive to quick turn around showers. I cannot believe anyone would take a long relaxing shower at a layover hotel,

Room Tip: Ask for street side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Drox
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Drox,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. As repeated guests of ours, we always want your experience to be as great as the first one or better the second time around. We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations; we hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I was stuck on the elevator for 35 long minutes with four other people. When I spoke with the front desk after being saved by the police and fire dept. The rude girl behind the desk had no apologies and told me" the elevators don't break down very often" Well l I have been on a few elevators in my life and have never been trapped before. This hotel is very poor on every level. I do not recommend staying here at the Miami International Airport Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Glamerpuss
Dear Glamerpuss,
Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. Your feedback is highly appreciated; I have addressed all issues with both Front Desk Manager and Housekeeping Manager. I apologize for the way you were treated and spoken to while staying with us. Let me reassure you that this is not an indicative of how we treat our guest. Costumer services and cleanliness is our number one priority and I apologize for failing on both subjects.

I hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

General Manager.
Brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Neat and OK hotel in the middle of the Miami Airport, especially if you have connection flight with OneWorld-alliance/American Airlines - this hotel could not be more central. OK-sized rooms with everything you need, furniture and design a bit "out-dated" but if you are tired and only need for a good-night sleep - this is the place. You do not need wait or pay for taxis or shuttles, you just take the elevator directly from the terminal to your own room. Had some problems during the night, as people were coming and going and they were really loud.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear apprendrelemonde,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. We would love to have you stay with us again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 stars 2,492 reviews
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
HYATT house Miami Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!