“Not more than one night”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #79 of 122 Hotels in Miami
berlin
“Not more than one night”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is located directly inside the airport building. For this reason is very convenient for passengers arriving either late or leaving early in the morning.
After a long flight, I was hoping to sleep well for the night before taking my next international flight to South America. Unfortunately the walls are very thin and next to my room were passengers leaving very early. I could hear every sound next door: conversations, flushing toiletts, etc.
The hotel is overpriced (also the restaurant) and next time if I need to stay next to the airport and have a good rest, I will go somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelBerlin
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear travelBerlin,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

We thank you for your business as well as your feedback.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Jersey C.i.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we chose this particular hotel as we were arriving fairly late from the UK and had a fairly early flight out to Dominican Republic the next day. Finding the hotel was not that easy but once found it was well located in the area (concourse) that we would need to be in the next morning. Room very mediocre, but bed relatively comfortable. However, sleep was interspersed by noise. Noise from the clients upstairs, from the corridor and god knows what else, really funny noises like furniture being moved etc. Maybe the place is haunted!!!!!! We had bed only for $195 and believe me, it was NOT worth it. However as Miami Airport is a terrible airport to go through, being close has its advantages. The hotel , I think is on concourse D or E which is mainly BA or AA so once you get that straight , it helps.
My advice is steer clear of Miami Airport unless you speak Spanish!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leonie32
Dear leonie32,

Thank you choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again thank you.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mine was easily the smallest room I have ever been in...even my college dorm room was bigger. I tried 3 times to contact hotel staff for a wake up call ...twice, using the wake up call button on the phone, the third time trying the operator. Never did I get through, so was not able to set a call. Thank goodness I have my cell phone, just in case. I have stayed at other hotels near the airport, but chose this for convenience...a bad choice!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear sftravelholic,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I have addressed your issues with my front desk manager, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

I hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Ottawa
Reviewed February 24, 2013

if you have to layover in miami, this is a great option. no frills and dated, but right in the terminal and reasonably priced. i can take the lower level of cleanliness and tired decor for the convenience for an early flight, no messing around with taxis or shuttles from the nicer options that are off-site.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ludge999,

We are glad to know that you found our hotel to be convenient and practical; we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport.

Calgary
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel as it was very convenient. I found it to be tried and in need of an overhaul. We ate in the lounge and the food was pretty good and had huge portions. Also the service was very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DaveCalgary,

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Toronto
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in my life and never awakened with large contact dermatitis rashes and allergic sneezing fits until my stay last night at the MIA hotel. After checking in, my husband and I were aghast and amused by the dated decor, dirty bathroom with a utility flush mechanism, and rude hotel staff. But it wasn't until waking this morning that the full impact of staying there hit me with such rude, physical force. Thank goodness for benadryl!
My advice---AVOID!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laura d
Dear laura d,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. Letting us know about the difficulties you encountered for it gives us the opportunity to correct and prevent similar situations from recurring. The quality of service to our guests is very important to us, Let me assure you that this is not indicative of our service standards.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I reserved a room at this hotel on our way home from a trip out of the country. Our flight into Miami arrived in the early evening and our connecting flight home left Miami late the following morning. We arrived to a clean and restful room. Nothing fancy - but modern and clean with a comfortable bed and accomodating staff. The room more than served our purpose - a quiet, clean, comfortable, convenient place to rest after a long day of travel. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wellseasoned55
Dear wellseasoned55,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We are glad to know that you found our hotel convenient. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see again on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Harve Rosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#45 of 122 in Miami
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!