Miami International Airport Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Runway Inn(Miami Springs)
2,793 results
All reviewslong layoverbaggage claimconvenient hotelmia airportcheckin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Booked to stay here having an early flight out of Miami, however would not do so again.
Whilst the location is good the bedroom walls are not well sound proofed.
With people getting up at various time hero ugh the night you hear the showers we were Owen at 1 and 3 am by the noise of people getting up and no doubts we woke people up at 6 am.
Sleep experience apart the breakfast was really good as was our evening meal the previous night, however that did not ma up for the lack of sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I like I'm sure many got stuck at MIA with a layover that was not planed. The airline put me in this hotel and it was one of the worst ones i have ever been in. To start I am disabled and the room not only had no chair, but no bars the the bathroom to help me get up or down-in or out. The staff was unwilling to help in this matter saying this is the room the airlines gave you.(the airlines does not give out rooms) The room was so small you could hardly walk around the bed and the bathroom is old an outdated. The next day as I called for a wheelchair again the staff was no help. I had to go down to what they call a lobby and after 45 minutes found a TSA officer that was willing and able to help me get the chair. I hope you never have to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is right in the terminal so location wise it's okay depending on what terminal you're flying from but even then it won't ever be a long walk. We booked a day room as had a long layover. The room itself is absolutely fine, it's clean, well furnished, has everything you need etc but what bothered me was the thin walls. If they're going to quadruple glaze the windows so you don't get flight noise the least they could do is consider the sound proofing between rooms. I really don't like thin walls in a hotel, my biggest bugbear!
Also, bear in mind that they don't store luggage for you if you arrive before your check-in time so you would need to take it just down the hall (not far) to check it in with the airport left luggage facility and of course this will cost you.
Airport hotels are never anything to sing and dance about as you only stay in them because you need to but to be honest this one isn't bad at all and I would use it again if I had to.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheesecake0509
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was excited to see that there was a hotel actually IN the airport, as I had an almost 11 hour layover. I initially rationalized that the expense of getting a cab, finding a hotel, getting another cab, and going who knows how far from the airport were all relatively equal the the convenience of staying at the airport. WRONG! I entered the hotel room thinking, 'Ah, what a lovely room.' Come to find out, that's all it was. Nothing was functional. The wall of blinds did not open, and the one, ONE that did, revealed a breath-taking view of a pillar. Convincing myself that I needed to shower and sleep, I went to the bathroom. The only nice thing I can say about the shower was that it was at least hot. The tub did not drain, so I was standing in a shin-deep pool of dirty soap water and there was mold on the curtain. I tried to get online, but shockingly, MIA is the only airport I've ever been to (including some third-world countries) that didn't have free wi-fi. Not only was it not free at the airport, but it wasn't free in the hotel. Complimentary? No. I closed up the laptop and reached for the remote. It turned the TV on and off, and would occasionally change the channel. I was so irritated that I just decided to scrap it all and go to sleep. By then, I think I was so exasperated that sleep just wasn't going to happen. I spent a grand total of 5 hours in this room, and was still charged full price for nothing more than a well decorated box. Multiple attempts to find a place on their website to complain were all fruitless. They certainly don't make it easy - to stay or complain. Take the time to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choosing a room at another hotel is your best option.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravlinBrian
Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you are just passing through Miami on the way to somewhere else and you must lay over for a night and get up early the next day for a departure, this hotel is by far the best location, especially if you fly American Airlines. The hotel is virtually located in the terminal, very near where all the American flights are (Terminal D). Checking in and out is a breeze. The rooms are small and sterile, but clean, quiet, and the air conditioning works great. It was incredibly easy to walk off the plane down the concourse into the hotel lobby and check in. We took a cab into Miami's South Beach area for dinner (about $33 each way), just to see it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple