“Expected it would be hmm..Pleasantly suprised.”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #77 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Willemstad
“Expected it would be hmm..Pleasantly suprised.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were heading out to California and had to take a very early flight. so we decided to leave our rental the previous day and sleep at the Airport hotel.
Honestly speaking I was not sure if that would be a good choice but better then waking the kids very early, then drop off the car and so on.
I almost ahum walked passed the entrance and that is mainly the only thing I can be negative about. The room was just fine, clean, QUIET , shutters in front of the window. Nothing fancy but it has everything you need. Bathroom was ok. We could have had dinner there but as we already had taken some food along we were fine. I think we would do this again. I have been reading a few reviews that were negative and cannot say we had a shabby room nor bad service at the desk. Perhaps it just depends on who is working that day and the room you get addressed in. With 2 kids and a very early flight being able to sleep some more and be almost at the check in point in the early hour? would have love to have the same flying back in the early hours that is for sure!!

Room Tip: We had a room almost at the end of the hall worked out well for us!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharon L
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Sharon L,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback!

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I always used to like to stay at the MIA hotel for overnight stopovers due to the convenience to be right inside the terminal. However , I haven't used it in a few years and was quite disappointed with the overall conservation of the hotel. I stayed there in room 628 from SEP 1 to SEP 2. The place needs an urgent refurbishing job. Allthough it is kept clean , the hallways (6th floor) and rooms look worn out and dirty. The sheets were all crumbled and needed badly a good pressing job. Please be aware that all room are very small. With all, I must say , the staff continues to be very pleasant and helpful and the food on the 7th floor restaurant was superb. My compliments to the chef.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, due to the special windows made to isolate airplane noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PatySalto
Dear PatySalto,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are glad that you have found our hotel to be as comfortable as convenient.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport.

Goiania
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It´s a very convenient hotel because your location is inside the airport... So we didn´t have problem with flight´s time in the morning either with traffic city or shutlles. I recommend for a short stay whom like wake up a few minutes from the time.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank takaoka13
Dear Takaoka13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport.

General Manager.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had an overnight at the hotel when I was flying from Guatemala City to Montreal. My flight was very early in the morning so I decided to stay at the hotel. I was exhausted when I finally got to the front desk. I had had a terrible flight. The woman was so rude and just couldn't careless. NO customer service at all and yet I was paying $125 for the room. I finally got to my room, luckily it was clean. I ended up calling for a "wake up call" the next morning. Well, luckily I had an alarm on my phone because I never got the wake up call! I will never use their hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Anna M
Dear Anna M,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We thank you for sharing all issues you encountered while staying with us. I will be address your issues with the front desk manager to better our guest service.

Again, thank you and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

General Manager.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We got a huge layover after missing our flight. This was the second day we missed a flight and we hadn't slept but three hours the night before. We decided to check the price of the hotel for a few hours of shut eye and a shower. Since we were only going to be day use for about 4 hours we got a room for $50.00. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We however made the mistake of making a three minute phone call that cost us $22.00 DON'T USE THE PHONES!

The few hours of sleep helped us be able to make the next day of our flights. What was a one and a half day trip turned into three days! So glad we could sleep some at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't use the phones the price is highway robbery!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Michael P
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear joeslap,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge your stay, we appreciate your business as well as your feedback. We are glad that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

Again, we thank you and hope to see you on your next visit to the Miami International Airport.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 31, 2012

If you think you'll save time getting from your gate to this hotel instead of taking a shuttle to a different hotel YOU ARE SO WRONG if you try to check in at night. I arrived at 10:00 pm on Monday and it took me almost 40 minutes to check in and get a room (only one clerk at the front desk for a large line of guests). This hotel provides services to airlines that cancel their flights, so if you are unfortunate to check in at the same time as passengers from cancelled flights with vouchers for that hotel, patience is all you can practice because you'll have to wait a LONG time to get your room. Ah, and be sure to get water from a store at the airport because the hotel room has no bottles of water and the vending machines in each floor only have sweet sodas (Coke and Fanta and that's it)!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Luis U
Dear Luis U,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. As General Manager of the Hotel, I can only improve based on your comments. I appreciate your issues and will address it with each department.

Thank you again and please give us a chance on your next trip to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

London, UK
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The decor is pretty basic and tired, but my room was clean, not nearly as cramped as I'd feared, and really perfectly comfortable for one night which is all that anybody is likely to be booking. Just don't expect luxury or style. The hotel is as well sound-proofed as they claim; you'll hear doors slamming in the hallways, but not a single airplane. My only compliant was the wake-up call I'd booked for 4.30am not happening. Luckily I'd set the alarm on my phone as well, but given that most of the hotel's clientele will be there precisely because they need to catch a flight, it wasn't impressive. The location can't be beat - no more than a few minutes walk from check-in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank UKLizzie
Dear UKLizzie,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge your stay, we thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!