“Adequate for overnight connection”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #77 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Adequate for overnight connection”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This one's nothing special really... it's "no-frills" and the room was basic and small, but clean and it works as a place to catch a few hours sleep when you have an overnight flight connection through MIA. I didn't have any of the problems other people have mentioned in reviews here, but it is clear that they place could use some refurbishment. Can't beat the location for a layover, though (right there on the 2nd floor of Concourse E). Rooms apparently have very thin walls - I had my TV on very low (could barely here it from my bed), but a security guy banged on my door to tell me to turn it town (his knock on the door was louder than the TV!); that was sort of strange. There's a shortage of places to eat if you get in late -- other than the overpriced restaurant up on the 7th floor, only the nearby Subway was open at 9:30 p.m. At the $159 I paid, it's probably priced on the high side and not a great value, but you're paying for convenience and location, not amenities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We got a "Small Queen Standard" which is one the cheapest rooms they got.
Right after I entered the room, it smelled cigarettes. Really gross.
BUT they were very kind and immediately changed our room. It was still small and nothing appealing about it but we only needed a place to crash and take the flight early next day.
The staff was nice.

I would only recommend this hotel if you're just passing through and need a place to rest before flying somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear thepinheiros,
Thank you for staying at Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your comments about our Front Desk staff. I am happy to hear they were quick and switched your room from a smoking to a non-smoking immediately. I apologize the size of the room wasn't up to your expectations; however, we are working on ways to improve the space in the rooms by incorporating smaller and more modern pieces.
Thank you for staying with us!
Best regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I never write a review but I made it a point to go online and write this because it was the worst hotel experience I had in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

We decided to stay in the airport as we had two 6am flights and we thought it was a good idea. We were horribly wrong!!!!

First - The rooms are antiquated and very small, I had to upgrade to a junior suite just so my fiancee could stay with me. The upgrade cost $320 dollares for 5 hours of sleep.

2nd - The tv and on demand did not work. The linens were horrible and cheap. No internet

3rd - After we started drifting to sleep there was a loud hammer banging for about 3 hours from 1 to 4 am. The hotel played dumb and said that they didnt know, but it was clear that it was construction going on for the hotel, lots of people complained.
Comeon guys you offer a bad service atleast let the people sleep.

4th - There is basically no service and the people treat you very bad. Because they attend to a crowd that need to stay there because of the location they dont care how people are treated.

I would never recomend this hotel even to my worst enemy.

Jaime

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jaime B
Dear Jaime B,
Thank you for being our guest during your recent trip to Miami. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our staff for not providing you with the service expected. Our mission is to provide every guest with a flawless stay, therefore I offer you my most sincere apology.
We are currently on the process of updating our TV's, as well as improving the space in our rooms. Our management team strives to provide excellent service to every guest and we are addressing these issues to correct them.
We hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us in the future and once again, we thank you for staying with us.
Best regards,
Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The last time I stayed at this hotel was in 1998. Unfortunately, as far as I can see, the hotel hasn't been renovated since that time. The rooms are tired and dreary. However, they were clean and comfortable but for the price I would have expected a little more contemporary decor. In addition, the bar is stuck in the 1980's and somebody should attend to the door from the airport side of the hotel bar as it is seriously flawed. Although I got a warm welcome from the lady in the bar, the receptionist seemed stressed and moody which I guess might be due to her long shifts (I checked in around 7pm and she was still working the next morning at 9am).

In short, it's not by any means a terrible place to stay but just needs some TLC.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Simon T
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Simon T,
Thank you for staying with us. Your review is greatly appreciated. I apologize our decor wasn't up to your expectations; a renovation of the hotel took place in January 2009 and new carpet, curtains and premium bedding were incorporated; however, we are still working on installing flat screen TV's to make it feel more modern. We appreciate your suggestions and will certainly take them in considertion to improve our services.
Best regards,
Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October. As a rule I like airport hotels - they are usually quite nice as well as convenient for catching a flight the next day. This hotel is so bad it's almost funny! The people who work there are sloppy and rude, not to mention downright unhelpful. My room was tiny and I did not mind. However it lacked a window as well as an iron with which to smooth out the travel wrinkles. I called the front desk and the young man assured me that the room DID have a window. I must be stupid 'cause I searched that tiny room from top to bottom and never did find it. I also never got the iron the front desk would be delivered. I ate lunch in the dining room upstairs and the service was dreadful although their were more staff than guests. The table cloth was dirty, there was food on the ground under my table and what looked like egg yolk stuck to the fork tines. Yuk!! I will never set foot there again and would urge readers to be warned by this review.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank surfsidemichigan2016
Dear SurfsideMichigan,
Thank you for your review submitted through Trip Advisor and thank you for being our guest at Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize our service wasn't up to your expectations; I truly wish you would've had a positive experience and I certainly hope that you give us an opportunity in the future to make it up to you. If you visit Miami again and you need to stay with us, please feel free to contact me at the Sales department 305-871-4100 ext. 2224 and I will gladly assist you with your reservation. Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Paola Pinilllos
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Reviewed October 28, 2011

It is a clean and confortable and easy to access from the airport. But you have to consider before make a reservation several points:
1.- They do not have their own wireless system, if you want to have wireless you have to conect to the airport one. For me this was a contraint do to I do not like to use my credit anywhere.
2.- Parking: if you rent car you have to pay $17 for every night and $8 each time you need left for a minute the car. For me, this was a problem!!

Next time, I will stay in another hotel that offer all the services that I looking for.

If you are looking for Hotels at Miami be careful when compare prices!! In my case, Miami Intl Airport Hotel is much expensive than others are best class.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear rperez03,
We appreciate your review through Trip Advisor and thank you for your constructive comments. We have a great property, conveniently located inside the airport; however, parking and internet are managed by the airport. The best option for this is to pay for the 24 hour connection, curently at $7.95 which enables the user to have 24 hours of internet usage from the time of the connection.
We hope you stay with us in the future and thank you once again for your comments.
iowa
Reviewed October 27, 2011

we ended up cancelling our reservation as staff was not helpful in providing information as to how to get from baggage area to their hotel ---- so rude we ended up staying @ Miami Holiday Inn and it was great !!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank harvIowa
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear harvIowa,
Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our staff. I can assure that the experience you encountered is not a reflection of our customer service but an isolated incident. If you visit or pass by Miami in the near future and need to stay at our hotel, let us know in advance so we can make your reservation at the Sales Department. We hope you give us another opportunity to cater to your needs.
If there is anything we can assist you with, don't hesitate to email me at epinillos@miami-airport.com.
Best regards
Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#46 of 122 in Miami
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!