“Great value hotel for location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Ranked #79 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Newcastle, Australia
“Great value hotel for location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because hurricane irene put a dampner on our travels. We had originally planned to stay at a hostel on Miamis south beach but due to problems there (see my review on it) we decided to leave the beach area and check out the MIA hotel as we were leaving the next day anyways.

We walked in and asked if any rooms were available, the receptionist said they only had smoking rooms (as we dont smoke we were a bit hesitant but the lady said we could check them out before we say anything). We checked out the rooms, first one we walked into did not smell of smoke at all, smelt really nice, second and third had a small smell. We went with the first room we saw.

The lady gave as a 10% discount, not sure way, maybe it was because smoking rooms were all they had??

The room was amazing. Thats all i can say :)

I would have thought for the cost that wifi would have been included, but it wasnt. You had to pay a small fee for 24 hours access. We didnt mind as we could use it te next day while waiting for our flight.

The staff were all very friendly, although we only had interaction with the front desk.
Rooms we really nice
Located inside the airport
Short walk in the terminals to get food (unless you want to eat in the hotel)

One thing though, it had signs for a swimming pool/spa, but we couldnt find it :S

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brendankh
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Brendankh,
Thank you for staying with us! We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I'm very pleased that you were able to take advantage of this great location; indeed it is very convenient to be inside the airport and I'm glad you liked our cozy rooms too, thanks again.
We hope you come back and stay with us in the near future.
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Since this hotel is actually in MIA it will probably stay open a lot longer than it should. Room smelled and you could barely move around the room with how small it was in comparison to the size of the bed. The sink and tub drains were both horribly clogged. So nasty I did not take my shoes off to sleep. Never again!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Steve1129,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. We are currently working on making the rooms more spacious by eliminating big furniture and installing Flat Screen TV's. I have addressed the room issues with our management team and I can assure you we have the commitment to take care of every detail in our hotel to keep improving our facilities. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to stay with us.
Best regards,
Madison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I want to commend the Hotel, and in particular its Sales Manager Mr. Paola Pinillos, for how an unfortunate incident at the Hotel was turned into a very positve experience. My wife was travelling solo, staying overnight at the Hotel after a Bahamas cruise, and catching a plane home to Maine the next day. She checked in very early, about 10 AM, and was told, understandably, that a room wouldn't be ready until noon, which she understood and accepted. At noon she spoke to a different desk clerk who told that the room now wouldn't be ready until 1PM. My wife glanced over at the other desk clerk who had originally said the room would be ready at noon, saying nothing at all to her, and the newer clerk, observing this, told my wife "and the room may be available much later if you keep looking at my co-worker like that". Now, I don't like how my wife looks at me sometimes, either: I'm usually in some kind of trouble if she does that. But I'm a husband, and that's to be expected; but from a hotel desk clerk, well, you don't really expect commentary so breathtakingly rude and arrogant. So my wife, fearing that if she angered the clerk further might find herself without a room, period, went to the lobby where she had a seat, then called and related the story to me at my office 1700 miles away. Now, I was more flabbergasted than angry, but I was also a little angry. I had checked out the reviews for this hotel previously on this site, and had noted how hotel staff checked the comments, and seemed to appreciate all of them, even the negative ones, evidently viewing those as an opportunity to improve service to its customers. So I found a name of a Sales Manager who was commenting frequently in appreciation of the visitors comments, a Mr. Paola Pinillos. So I called the hotel and asked for him. They put me through and he immediately answered. I very calmly explained what had happened; Mr. Pinillos seemed appalled at the clerk's behavior and commentary, and asked me to hold for a moment, which I did. When he returned to the phone maybe 3 or 4 minutes later he advised me that the situation had been rectified. I thanked him for his assistance. A few minutes later my wife called from her room. She said a security guard had come up to her and brought her to the counter where she was checked in by the previously rude clerk, who was now very friendly, courteous and helpful, and taken to her room which the hotel had upgraded for free. Now, I had made no demands or threats of or to Mr. Pinillos; I recognize that the clerk, like anyone, can have a bad moment, but I did believe that Mr. Pinillos would care about a situation like this, which he obviously did. My wife and I both appreciate it, and she would without hesitation stay again at the Miami International Airport Hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Karen T
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Kennebec1,
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your valuable feedback about your recent stay. On behalf of the hotel staff, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are here to serve you and offer you a friendly service. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a flawless stay and have the satisfaction of knowing we provided a friendly and corteous service. Please know, we are working on a daily basis to improve and learn from our mistakes.
The gentleman that helped you is my co-worker Catering Sales Manager Walter Santiago. I have extended your positive comments to him. My name is Paola Pinillos, we work together in the sales Department. I do thank you very much for your compliments and hope you stay with us again in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Don't be fooled by online pbotos. This hotel is nothing more than a dirty little roach motel. The rooms are tiny and old, reminiscent of an older red roof inn. I'm in a King Superior room and it is tiny. I couldn't roll my carry on between the TV and bed! That's how narrow the room is. The floors are filthy, and it dusty. The furniture is old and dirty. Pay less and stay at a name brand close by the airport. Even though it's conveniently located in the airport, it's not worth it! I'm praying I don't end up with bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Alan305,
Thank you for your review. Please allow me to offer you an apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are currently in the process of updating the look and feel of the hotel by eliminating the big furniture and installing new flat screen TV's in all the rooms. This will make our rooms more modern and spacious. Please know our management team is addressing your concerns and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future to stay with us.
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had a layover and chose this hotel because of convenience. And it was fine for our needs. The space was very cramped and there was barely room to move around. But, the room was spotless and had a good shower and comfy beds. Really all that you need for short stays where sleep is more important than amenities. We would use this hotel again for layovers.

A side note: we would never pay the full price for this place - think it's $160 for a double. We traded in some RCI points and paid $8 for the room. It is not worth $160 IMO, but then again, with check-in for departures practically outside the hotel's entryway, maybe it would be worth it for some.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mijayati
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Mijayati,
Thank you for your constructive comment about our hotel. We certainly are happy to know you had a great experience while you stayed with us. Please know we are currently working on improving the space in the rooms to offer a more spacious area.
Thanks for staying with us and come back soon!
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I had read about the lobby wait but insisted on booking for a 6hrs overlapped fly. What a waste, AA had passengers from a stranded flight, there was only one woman attending 40 persons, it was 1:30am we finally got a room key at 3am to wake up at 5:30am. Plus I left hanging an expensive shirt in the bathroom, one they never found or even apologized. Do not stay here it is a nightmare!!!! The concierge was rude and yeling everyone what a place awful awful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear amapolasaenz,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your feedback and thank you for the time and effort to write us about your recent stay. We regret that your stay with us was not up to your expectations and assure you that we have taken immediate action along with our management team to prevent situations like this from happening in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our Miami International Airport Hotel.

Sales Manaegr
Dominica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were very pleased with the amenities and the cleanliness. The beds are very soft and comfortable. The floor feels clean. It is very conveniently located particularly for stay over visitors. We liked it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MiaHotel, Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Joan O,
Thank you for staying with us! Our goal is to make our guests happy; I'm pleased to know you had a wonderful experience with us and we hope to see you again here at the Miami International Airport Hotel.
Have a fantastic day :-)
305-871-4100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
Element Miami International Airport
Courtyard Miami Airport
Courtyard Miami Airport
#32 of 124 in Miami

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!