“The staff is very kind and extremely professional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #76 of 119 Hotels in Miami
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The staff is very kind and extremely professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My connecting flight was cancelled and the airlines issued a voucher for me to stay overnight. The rooms were extremely clean and the staff was very helpful. The next day I left in a hurry to insure that I caught my flight to get home. I left my wedding ring in the room and when I called the hotel to see if it had been turned in I did'nt expect to hear good news. The houskeeper had found my ring and turned it in. It is so nice to know there are still good honest people in this world. God bless her and the wonderful staff. She is truly a saint!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cajunj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Finnish first
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the MIA for one night in May, we flew from London to Miami and had a connecting flight the following morning. Hotel was fairly easy to find as right in the middle of the terminal! Check in was simple, we had booked a standard room and were very pleased with the room as having read previous reviews were a little worried. The room was clean and a decent size,the bed was so comfortable , lovely soft linen and lovely soft pillows. We ate in the restaurant that evening which was Ok but expensive for what you got. We would definately stay here again if we had an overnight stay in Miami.

Room Tip: Dont expect a view its in an airport terminal we .
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EssexInca
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Not sure if it was just the room we had but it did NOT have any windows. WEIRD.
Standard travellers no frills place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Houseofcardsathome
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I've been staying at this hotel for the past 10 years on my way to the Keys to Dive. I've never thought it was excellent, but it's always been ok to spend on night. It's convenient since I pick up a rental car the next morning, grab my buddy that comes in from DFW on the 9:30am flight and we're off. I've been through the renovation (is that still going on) and it has been a mess for more than one of my visits, and the Staff is not always friendly. I can't imagine how ratings in April and May of 2011 can very from 1 to 5. Guess I'll take a chance and stay there again in July..p.s. has the pool ever opened?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank gcubed723
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

The hotel staff are rude, inconsistent and do not provide any type of service remotely close to acceptable or adequate. The hotel is dirty and out dated, the rooms were awful and the beds hard. I couldn’t help but envision bed bugs scurrying around all night while I slept in this antiquated hotel. It was an absolutely miserable experience. I would never stay at this hotel again and would go out of my way—significantly if necessary—to stay anywhere else. The convenience of the property at the airport is does not, in any way, make up for how awful this hotel is.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Troy P
MiaHotel, Executive Office at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear PartainTA,

Thank you for submitting your thoughts regarding your hotel stay.
We previously tried contacting you via T.Advisor with no avail in order to further review your comments. Our staff goes through extensive customer service training, for which it was surprising to see your comments about our staff. We pride ourselves on the quality of our beds and clealiness; even though we are inside an International Airport we have not had any reports of bed bugs and we go through regular random inspections to make sure that we are "bed bug free".
We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another opportunity of being of service to you.

MIA Hotel
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

My flight was canceled and was rescheduled for early the next morning. After almost 20 hours flying (from Australia then LAX), I needed somewhere close by so I could get some sleep before my flight and not have to rush back to the airport. The room was very barebones, nowhere to sit other than on the bed and no bar fridge. There was a large gap under the door so the light was shining underneath but was easily remedied by placing a towel in front of it. The noise of other people showering/water going down pipes was considerably louder than other hotels I've stayed at. The bathroom was nice and clean however, and the towels/sheets were comfortable.
Checking out the woman at the desk was quite rude, barely saying a word to me and more or less thrusting my receipt at me.
I would only stay here if absolutely necessary. The concierge was helpful, but I was pretty soured by the woman when I was checking out.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Luke1285
Dear Luke1285,

First of all thank you for taking the time for submitting your review,
We apologize that you felt that our staff was unfriendly during the check-out process, we certainly do not want our guests leaving with that impression. We are always reinforcing our customer service policy to our staff and they are now aware of the effect that a comment such as yours can cause.
We appreciate your positive feed back regarding our linen and concierge services.
We hope that you will return and experience our improved customer service.

Regards,
MIA Hotel
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Arrived very late at night, and needed a bed for a few hours until my 8am flight. Had pre-booked a room with a single twin bed.
Pros: clean, convenient, reasonably quiet, tiny but very efficiently laid out, excellent water pressure, easy to find in the airport
Cons: slow check-in & check-out, bedside lamp didn't work, bed slumped in the middle, couldn't book the single twin bedded room on-line.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 stars 2,418 reviews
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!