“Good choice for a night”

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #63 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel is located nearby airport. I stayed there one night during my trip to Colombia. There is free shuttle car every hour between the hotel and airport. Rooms are clean and very spacious. I liked that every rooms had its own door from outside.
Staff is friendly. Unfortunately, I missed breakfast but there are plenty fastfood restaurants around.
Free wifi in every room ;)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Everyone was very friendly and helpful but the room stank! I stayed one night with a friend and then spent the next night at a different hotel. I could smell the La Quinta room on my nightgown. I have a pet and appreciate the fact that La Quinta does not charge an outrageous pet fee, however I would rather pay and not have a room that smells like dog s$#%. The bedding also had a peculiar odor that smelled like Vics Vapo-rub. Ugh. It was as though they were trying to cover up one stink with another.
My dog is house trained and I do not leave him alone in hotel rooms as per the hotel pet agreements that you need to sign. Walking down the hallway I heard numerous dogs that were left alone in their rooms. Why don't more hotels install laminate floors like they have in Europe?
So much easier to clean and no stink!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I stay at this location all time. It's close to everything being that the highway is near. We often go to events at the American Airlines Arena and spend weekends at this location. It's very clean and the beds are comfortable. That's why we keep returning. The staff is very welcoming and attentive. The price for the rooms aren't bad either. If you're looking for a place to get a good nights rest while you enjoy the sights and attractions in Miami this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We picked this hotel for its location close to the Miami airport before coming home. We have found La Quinta to be a very clean and comfortable chain. The staff were very helpful and the service was good. Breakfast was included and had cereals/breads/ fruit, juices and coffee. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. There are a number of cuban style restaurants nad fast food outlets close by.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike2309
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is my first time in La Quinta and love it!!! It is close to the airport and it takes around 10 minutes to Dolphin Mall or Walmart Doral store. There are a McDonald`s, a Wendy`s and a Denny`s in the neighbourhood and some latin restaurants in a sort of mall next door . The room is simple, but clean and quiet; the breakfast is basic, but excellent. The staff is great, specially the always friendly Mrs. Nancy who helps a lot. The shuttle to the airport runs on time. Certainly will stay next time.

Room Tip: Microwave and refrigerator are available if you ask for.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our return from an overseas trip. We did have a little wait at the airport for the shuttle service – be aware that there are several La Quinta’s in the area so check with the shuttle driver before hopping in. There was a little concern about the hotel as the shuttle’s interior was a bit dirty and stained; however it turned out to be a comfortable, clean and well decorated hotel. Nancy, at the front desk, was very friendly and helpful upon checking us in. She cheerfully answered our questions about restaurants and other sites in the area. It looks like the hotel was recently renovated and our room was clean, comfortable and well decorated. The only small problem we found in the room was that the bathtub drain stop did not seal properly, but the shower was fine. We had an early flight out of Miami the next day. When we checked out, Diana was very helpful and pleasant for such an early hour – thanks. The shuttle driver quickly drove us to the airport and we had plenty of time to check in and make it through security.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here three nights while attending a graduation. The location was perfect: close to the airport, right off 826, bout 20 min to the beach, 10 min to Dolphin Mall, and between a McDonalds and Wendy's. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The lady at the front desk (can't recall her name) was very friendly and there was a lady who was security every night. I was comforted by that. I only had one problem with the room/hotel and that involved the tv. I was trying to watch Scandal on Thursday and ABC was not working throughout the hotel. I just couldn't understand how a regular channel wasn't functioning. That was my only qualm.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends