“Good, clean room for a good price--though it comes with noise.”

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #69 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here because we were looking for a place between South Beach and the Everglades—our day 1 and 2 vacation stops. The price at the hotel was great and the room was perfect (i.e. clean, decent size) for the money. The breakfast was decent enough: cereals, bananas, juice, coffee, muffins, etc—typical continental. The only downside was the noise and I’m not referring to the expected noise coming from the airplanes overhead (because, hey, it’s near the airport). I’m talking about having a room on the first floor and hearing everyone walk by the door (which was adjacent to the parking lot) at all hours. No sound-proofing whatsoever! Luckily, we only stayed one night, so I could deal with it for one night. All in all, if you’re looking for a clean, inexpensive place to stay near there airport, then go for it.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor next to the parking places and busy walkways.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North

Reviewed December 13, 2012

First problem was waiting over an hour for a shuttle even after calling the front desk and being told it would be a 10-20 min. wait. The shuttle driver was not the least bit friendly or helpful. Thought we would have to load our own luggage. He finally started picking up the bags when we refused to do his job. Then on checking in, after stating that we had a lot of luggage, the clerk said she would give us a "great room". I assumed that would include a shorter walk to the room, however we were put on a hard to reach 2nd floor room. The room itself was clean and didn't smell of mold, however there was a spot light on the roof immediately outside our window (Room 200) that shined in all night, until it finally went off at 3am. The reason I know that is because we were awakened at 3am from someone using the ice machine at that time. The ice machine is incredibly placed directly outside this room (not around a corner or in any way off to the side). Unbelievable for a room costly over $100.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed December 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Recommended for novice travelers to Miami. Location, near Palmetto Expressway. Close to Miami International Airport, You would never get lost to the hotel, Plenty of road signs to airport.
Clean room with free Wi-fi, free shuttle to and from the airport. Many restaurants and fast food within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked this hotel months in advance of our cruise. I was initially booked at another LQ but had been told I needed to switch to this location when i notified them that my daughter decided to join us and we needed a roll away. I again made this known months in advance and they assured me that all 5 of us would be accommodated and a roll away bed was guaranteed. These arrangements were made through the reservation line and I was also told we would be shuttled to the port for $30.00 for our group and have 7 days free parking. I called weeks before our arrival to see if we could get return shuttle service and confirmed our price with this hotel directly. I was told that the shuttle to the port was not as the reservation line told me but instead was $10.00 per person. The man I spoke with was not friendly at all.

When our family arrived to this location after driving down for 2 days we were turned away because we had 5 people despite the fact that I made the reservation for 5 with a roll away. The lady at the front desk was rude & coldly said they don't guarantee you will get a roll away and we couldn't be accommodated. So my husband, our 3 kids & I were in Miami with no place to stay. Not knowing the area we started calling hotels and were having no luck finding a room for 5. Thankfully we found a hotel.

My impression of this particular location was not too good but it would have made due if they would have honored the reservation I had made with them. After the way the reservation line misled me, even after I notified them of the 5th person and they transferred me to this location based on that, the misrepresentation of the shuttle cost, the rude staff at the desk and how they nearly turned my vacation into a disaster and would have if I hadn't found another hotel I will never stay at a La Quinta again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North for one night. It was a fair place to stay, but had some silly flaws. Our toilet seat was cracked. Never had seen that before at a hotel! Another small "gripe" was the continental breakfast arrangement. The eating area was very small and people were EVERYWHERE! We looked like cattle trying to get our last meal in life! The staff was friendly, though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed 4 nights end of November. Room in the rear building facing the back...thought it would be quiet but it was just the opposite, every night between 4 and 5 am a dumpster passes waking all patrons. No desk in the room to sit and work. Breakfast is supposed to be included but it's a joke. Good thing a Denny's is just next door. Will go to the Hilton suites opposite next time.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank NRJ_68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Quality Inn Miami Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West

Been to La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!