“Clean and efficient”

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #63 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Friendly helpful staff and clean room pool, and all common areas. Great little hot free breakfast. Each staff member was willing to assist in our stay. Thanks crew. Would definetly return. Looks kid friendly as we saw many children in the pool area but at night the jacuzzi hit the spot after walking the beach all day.

Room Tip: Top floor is for smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank josiemontanak

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived to Miami airport at about 10pm after a long set of flights from London. I booked this through hotels.com and the printout said there was a 24 hour airport shuttle, but to call to book. So I had called to book a few hours before I arrived, but I was told just to call when I was at MIA. Once I got to MIA, I called and was informed that actually the shuttle is only once per hour. They said one was on the way. It was about 25 minutes before it showed up, and I did notice that other hotel shuttled made various rounds during that time. Also, there is another La Quinta at MIA (East) and I suspect some of the reviews on this page are about that one. We passed La Quinta East on the way to La Quinta North and East is much closer to the airport and next to a Benagins, which one of these reviews mentions. This hotel is a solid 10 minutes away from the airport area. It is actually about a block away from a large Dade County Jail. The neighborhood is safe but does not offer much - a strip mall with a pawn shop, a bail place, and a gun store as well as a McDonalds and Dennys right next door. The Dennys is nice and has free wifi. When I arrived to the hotel at almost 11pm, it was chaotic. I was surprised to see a security guard in the lobby. This and passing the jail did not exactly put me at ease. The room I was given was one of the buildings at the back of the hotel across the parking lot. This was not a pleasant place to be wandering around as a single woman traveler at night with large bags. It turned out my room was smoking even though I asked for non, so I called to change it. The change was not smooth - I ended up just walking down to get the key after waiting and having no one arrive. The nonsmoking room I moved to was fine. Clean and no complaints. The wifi was great. The next day was like a new experience - staff at the front super helpful, it was a great place to print things I needed. I think this was just not a great place to arrive at night. I think something closer to the airport zone would have been better, though the day staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AandM2008
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel has a great location - restaurants, fast food and grocery within walking distance. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Pool and laundry facilities on site.
Beds and pillows are clean and very comfortable.
Park sleep fly facility.
Floors and carpet are very dirty - make sure to leave shoes on at all times!
Cleaning staff very noisy in the mornings...
Hotel is run down, but can be overlooked due to the good prices (for Miami)
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Back rooms away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blitzpacker
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked into this place based on a positive experience at another La Quinta. We booked through Hotels.com who arbitrarily cancelled the reservation and the hotel was sold out as were all the other airport hotels. Ana at the front desk took complete responsibility for hotels.com mistake and assured us of a room. She delivered. It was amusing listening to a Spanish native speaker arguing with the Mumbai based hotels.com person who may have heard of the English language but whose ability to use it was tenuous at best. It is next to a strip mall with a Wendys and a great cuban family restaurant. The next morning, the front desk staff were all over us with big smiles and the kind of friendly attention that I used to get in the days of the grand hotels. Whoever hires and trains these people knows their stuff. The room was basic but clean and very comfortable and cost us just $80 for the night.
I will certainly be back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vancanman64
Reviewed October 9, 2012

La Quinta is very close to Miami International Airport and it's great value for your money. You will hardly pay more than US$60 a night for the room if you book in advance or more than US$80 for a last minute reservation ... all taxes included. No need to say that free breakfast, parking, wi-fi and shuttle to and from the airport make a big difference when the time to slide the credit card comes. There's also a bus to take you to the mall (US$10 round trip) if you are in the mood for shopping. Besides, rooms are comfortable, clean, soundproofed and the new TV's are all led flat screens. Feeling hungry in the evening? pizza delivery is fast and a few fast-food restaurants are within walking distance. So ... good enough for me.

Room Tip: Join "La Quinta Returns" and get good rates for car rental (if needed) using the hotel'...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Para De Minas, Brazil
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Café da manhã legal, atendimento nota 10, internet grátis e se você precisar imprimir alguma coisa não tem custo adicional.
Boa localização.
Costumava ficar no Holliday Inn Miami International Airport.... mas o La Quinta me conquistou.
Recomendo !!!

Nice breakfast , attendance scored 10, and free internet if you need to print something no additional cost.
Good location.
Used to stay in Holliday Inn Miami International Airport .... but, La Quinta won me over.
I recommend!!