“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Melbourne, Florida, USA
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Fast check-in, very clean and qualified staff. Our second stay in this hotel, now our favorite in the Miami area. The breakfast bar was not as we would have expected, but adequate for our needs. We stayed at this location prior to a cruise and I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at this Doral location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank A4127NUroberta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at a laquinta and it made me reconsider ever staying at a laquinta property again. It was a complete waste of my points and money. After checking into the hotel on 4/12/14 and going up to the room I realized there was a roach on the table. I advised the front desk and was told to call if another one was seen. The water would not get hot in the shower. After returning to the hotel late on Saturday night my room key would not work. I went down to the front desk at 2am to have a new key made after trying multiple times to access my room, there was nobody there. I called and searched the entire property along with multiple other guest who were arriving for check in. Nobody came to the desk until after 4am. Her name was Brenda. She was rude and insincere over the fact that I had two children who were tired but could not have access to a bed. The customer service at this property is horrible.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Adriannadiaz77
Barboursville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This facility located near MIA is convienent to most everything that could be wanted or needed. It is a nice looking hotel and the staff are very friendly. Check-in was painless except for a glich in my reservation as to what type of room was reserved, but accomoditions were made to my satisfaction. A bit pricey for a typical LQ (upwards to $150.00 per night) and in my mind a bit questionable for the dollar to value ratio. The room was a typical LQ room, nothing stood out. Note that I was staying here for two week and I normally work mostly nights, I requested a quiet room. The location of y room was queit but the quality of the HVAC units was a bit questionable. I was in a suite and the unit in the bedroom was very unforgiviing for someone who sleeps nights. I did request maintenance, but was told that there is nothing they could do as they are serviced by an outside vendor and they have no spare units to swap this one with. They wanted to switch my room but after moving into the room and getting my belongings in there and setup to work, who would want to pack everything back up after being there, just to switch to another room. It would have been more convienent to pull a unit from another room and swap it out, in my mind. Room was clean, as was the linen. Breakfast bar is the typical boring "fair". Employee's are friendly and willing to do what is needed for the guest's. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler, but pay attention to the rate that they are charging as you might be disappointed that way. I feel that this hotel charges a higher rate for it's location more than anything as any other LQ of this caliber would not cost as much, I know ... I stay at LQ frequently and have paid much less for the same type room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank trbl4u2
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

La Quinta always offers a standard of quality that I can rely on. Our room was perfect for the weekend and very enjoyable. Its real close to the airport, but not that far from downtown Miami or from South Beach. Very clean rooms with great service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Andrew H
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at a number of different La Quinta hotels around the country over the past few years, and I would rate this particular facility as average, compared to other La Quintas. We actually had two one-day stays at this hotel, one week apart. The first stay was, overall, better than the second. This hotel, like many others in the mid-price range , has some weaknesses which are very likely the result of corporate management trying to keep costs down and profits up. The front desk was, at times, unstaffed/ understaffed – or at least required several minutes of waiting before someone showed up to help. The condition of the hotel was generally good, but there were a few places that looked like they could use some repair and refurbishment, and the pillows in the room on our second stay were a bit lumpy, and could stand to be replaced. Also, on our second stay we were assigned the wrong room (different than what we had reserved), so had to lug our bags back to the lobby and get the room changed. There was no trouble getting it corrected, but the desk clerk offered no apology for the mistake. The hotel itself was reasonably quiet, but the location is very close to the airport and the flight path of low-flying aircraft. If you’re very sensitive to noise this might not be a good location for you. I use earplugs at night, so managed OK.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roadman58
Waldorf, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The accomodations were just right. The maid service was very detailed. I would recommend a little more items for breakfast such as bacon or sausage. All-in-all, I would surely come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank baronm272
Campinas, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I like this hotel for its location, price and quick checkin and checkout. No hastles. It has an airport shuttle which is very important for me. The only item I would want improved is the breakfast which is pretty frugal. Some hot stuff would make it prefearable over the Dunkin Donuts or other shops at the mall across the street. The employees are friendly and this is definitelly a plus in any business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family