“Conveniently located for shopping trip from the Caribbean”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West
Ranked #72 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Located 10 mins from Mia airport. 3.5 stars with reasonable rates. Clean fairly well maintained hotel. Free breakfast including waffles / fruit/ boiled eggs / yogurt.
Free parking.
Rooms with king size bed have mini refrigerator and micro-wave.
Rooms have choice of wi-fi or wired internet - no extra charge.

Hotel is 2 mins from nearest SuperWalmart . Ten minutes from International Mall and 15 minutes from Dolphin Mall.

Easy ten mins drive to Mia Airport along NW 36th Avenue on mornings before 8.00 a.m.

For those not driving, there is free airport shuttle.

This is my return base base to Port of Spain. Have stayed here over ten times in last five years.
Also easy to accumulate points for free nights in loyalty programme.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is good value for money and has great staff. You also get a continental style breakfast (waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, Danish) as there is no kitchen but it was more than adequate. Rooms are spacious and clean.

It has good facilities (though I didn't use them, swimming pool, fitness centre etc) and was a okay for what I needed, near the airport and shopping at Dolphin Mall and has a airport shuttle service. Would be nice if the shuttle could do more local trips with a surcharge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

In the interest of full disclosure, we are La Quinta Returns members because we travel with dogs and need some place they will be accepted. I chose this La Quinta over others in the Miami area based on reviews, and I was not disappointed. We were on a little getaway while our roof was being replaced on the other side of the state and thought if we went to Miami, we could catch a ballgame.

The hotel was extremely clean. When we walked in or out during the day, someone was always working on the public areas as well as doing touch-up painting. The breakfast was typical for La Quinta: make your own waffles, hard cooked eggs, bagels, yogurt, etc. The best part was the coffee - such a little thing, but delicious coffee is really important to me. It is directly in a flight path for the airport, but it was very quiet. I don't know how they did that.

My only complaint is that not all the rooms have refrigerators. I'm not sure how they decide which ones do and which don't; our room was very large and had plenty of room for a refrigerator.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

La Quinta Inn is an average hotel.Everything you need to enjoy Miami. Good location, easy access to the highways around and has lots of attractions around, like restaurants, snack bars and even a gas station just around the corner. The only demeanor I felt was the smell of cigarette in the bedroom they gave me. Nevertheless, kindness of staff, mainly Jessica and Geisa, was awesome. Fair price, good accommodations, free breakfast (could have some fruits!) and free wifi are complimentary to your fee.Strongly recommended and we will be back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a low number. After 10 is too far from the elevator.
A La Quinta traveler
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West with my wife and young daughter (3 years old) for 6 nights last February during our vacation trip in Florida. This is the second time we visit the place and just consolidated my good impression about the overall service / cost balance. The place is well located with easy access to everywhere in Miami and the service was exactly what we expected from a La Quinta Inn: a nice room, not too fancy, but with everything in order and a fridge+microwave that allowed us to have dinner in our room when we wanted to (this is something that I personally appreciate a lot when traveling with my young daughter). Breakfast had a fair quality as usual to the La Quinta Inn chain, even though it is a bit more crowded than desired depending on the time you go. The pool is nice and I visited it with my daughter. The staff was nice but as the place seems to be full the whole time, it was quite difficult to talk to them about tourism tips for the region (I did not consider this a problem at all, but I would be a bit concerned if I did indeed need their help for something more serious – maybe it would help to have more people at the reception desk).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Coming from Brazil, I stayed for a week on this hotel! It is very well located near the Dolphin Mall and International mall, but it is far from downtown. The room had a good size, king bed, clean and with pool view.
We received several packages without any issue, they keep control of everything they receive and don't charge anything for that.
The hot tub wasn't working and the breakfast was a shame, very few items, really didn't look as a hotel breakfast.