“Best La Quinta in Miami”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West
Ranked #69 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
“Best La Quinta in Miami”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

One of the best La Quintas I've ever been. Clean, well kept, large rooms. It's located in Doral, a nice area of Miami, close to the airport and many malls. The only downside is that the breakfast room is kinda small for its amount of guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Foxibr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
lakewood
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel October 2012 and was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and the staff friendly. I was disappointed that I could not check in early but it was no big deal. I also has a message for me that was never dellivered. The breakfast was the usual. The location of this hotel was great. It was close to all the shopping malls and main arteries. The area looked as if I could have walked and feel safe. i will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank naymotown
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I travel frequently between the Caribbean and the USA
when traveling through Miami i prefer La Quinta Inns and Suites
the staff is polite and the accomodation great.
The price is affordable and the facilities commendable.
On a scale of 1 to 10 i give La Quinta a big 10!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great staff here. They were very helpful & kind to me. Beds are comfortable and cool enough. Bathrooms are clean. Bathtub is wonderful. Did not get a chance to use the pool or workout room, but bnoth appeared clean and in working condition. Easy to find a place to eat (or drink) within short walking distance.
Breakfast was fine. Be on time or it will be gone - this is a busy place. Several airline attendants and captains sleep here, so you know it is a quality, clean, safe place.
Free shuttle is a nice perk, too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

1 Thank 2forEc
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently spent 7 days there, Sept. 09 2012, the hotel was good, staff were very helpful,especially the front desk staff. The room was spacious and well kept.I would definitely return but hope that they can improve on these 2 points. 1) TV channels - wasn't much to choose from. 2) Transportation - one can spend quite a bit on taxis - why can't the hotel offer a bit more shuttle service, i.e to malls etc.of course they can charge a per pax fee and perhaps set a time where the shuttle would be available to bring guest back. I really hope they think about this, the vehicle is parked in the front most of the time.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area have a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gramado, RS
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went to this hotel several times for business, this time went with my wife. She liked. Very well located to visit shoppings, make some tourism.I know this hotel since 2003, and is a good option in Miami airport area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank gramadoexport
lacygne
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband's job booked us here and it was a nice surprise. The room was large, clean and had a beautiful "tropical" view. The windows opened and we could actually touch the palm trees outside out window, even when it rained (a little every day) it was still beautiful. I was able to take the bus or a taxi everywhere I wanted to go. It was fairly quiet and though very busy we could tell they were trying to keep the hallways clean, though it seemed cereal from breakfast was tracked upstairs and vendor flyers were Everywhere! We could walk to decent restaurants in the strip mall to the east of the hotel. Since it was a block from the main street we couldn't hear traffic noise. On the other hand, it must have been on the flight path to MIA, mostly in the morning and late evening we could practically see in the plane windows, I mean the landing gear was down they were so close. My husband got tired of me asking "what is that noise?" every few minutes! After a few days I got used to it, but don't expect to sleep in! Some of the people spoke english, at least a little, though the shuttle driver dropped me off at the wrong entrance to MIA because we couldn't communicate well enough. The bathroom fan did not work at all so we had to put up with foggy mirrors, and the switch to the bathroom light was behind the door so when you opened the door you couldn't get to the light without closing it again! Odd and annoying. The breakfast was awful by my standards and after the first day I didn't plan on trying to eat it. Mostly just sweets and boiled eggs. Even the coffee was substandard. But these were small issues. Overall I enjoyed the comfortable bed (we had a king sized bed). There was a nice couch and desk. The location was only minutes from the mall and MIA, when the traffic was good it was less than 30 minutes to Miami Beach. Overall, I was pleased.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third flood over the pool, which I never saw anyone use, so I can't attest t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#36 of 122 in Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!